• No

1 14.29%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: எந்திரன் 2.0 The Sequel : Rajinikanth | Shankar | ARR

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making of 2.0 - 3D Featurette

Chitti Watching Chitti

The information Ray Hannisian (Lead Stereographer) shares is very interesting. He mentions about Individual Depth.

Nope, I am not going to take your time and talk about 3D technology in movies (S3D film), as I had elaborated about Motion Capture in Kochadaiiayaan. But, I give a few keywords for those who are interested to check out this splendid film making technology : Concept of Disparity in Stereo Matching, Stereoscopy, 3D Depth Tracking and Control Sensing Interface, Motion Similarity, Level of Detail for Graphics, Three Angles of Rotation of the body frame from the world frame, Depth Map (Real Depth vs Depth Created by CGI), Creating Depth Content, Camera Space (Far and Near - the value of Z), Distance vs Size (Objet from the camera and between two objects), Depth Buffering (Depth coordinates in 3D graphics), Pixel Elimination based on Depth ...

And that's just the Capture part. Cutting is an entirely different story!

The Endhiran (2010) theme has the emotion of an epic symphony and the charater of a Sci-Fi music. It sounds like a Sci-Fi Opera allowing Frankenstein (1931) to take a Trip to the Moon (Le Voyage dans la Lune, 1902). Endhiran Theme music is well paced, carrying the slow rythms of the bass and wind instruments to create the needed breathing space for the events to unfold on the screen. It starts joyful; depicting the actions Chitti involves himself with, and gets darker as Chitti progresses himself with the flow of the film.

Even though it’s too early to pass a comment about 2.O theme music, the opening of the short teaser clip starts with a Creepy Symphony. What Chitti shall unleash this time is cleverly sounded by ARR.

Few images from Endhiran are (visibly) retained in the sequel too :

Chitti on Rolls

Sphere of Chitti

Chitti, The Admirer

Chitti is prouder than he was in Endhiran; checking his all new shining armour suit. And that my folks, is not a good sign for the folks!

The Wait is to Watch.
    Last edited by mappi; 9th October 2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Glimpse of Rajini From 3D Making Video of 2.O (Part 1/2)

Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Glimpse of Rajini From 3D Making Video of 2.O (Part 2/2)

Post Thanks / Like
    2.0 Audio From 27th day of October 2017

They said when you got here the whole thing started. Who are you? What are you? Where did you come from? I think you're the cause of all of this.

I think you're evil. EVIL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting ready for the premiere (in another couple of hours):

Mappi Happi!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Endhiran 2.0

2.0 is a super hero movie, where you suspend logic and accept dead people coming back alive.
    Although touted as a sci-fi movie, 2.0 is the usual Shankar movie with a strong message. "Earth is not just for humans" is the message here.

Begins in awesome 3D and captivating cinematography but gets draggy in the middle.
    It takes Chitthi 2.0 to bring back the action and interest.
    Story is between good and evil, but then... what is good, and what is evil...

Mostly it's Rajni's show, although at places you can see the struggle, owing to his age. Akshay is the next prominent character, though not as menacing as in the stills and trailers. Amy is there for decoration.

Pullinangal song appears in the movie while Indhira logatthu comes at the end, like an appendix.

Verdict: Watch in 3D and keep expectations low.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh..keep expectations low...that means the movie is not good????

9. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nov,

I can't judge your taste for films, I must respect it. I liked 2.O, not just because its a Rajini starrer or a 3D extravaganza. To be frank, I am allergic to 3D which I had mentioned several times. In 2.O, the images were moving so fast that it did not provide me enough time to worry about the 3D ... LoL.

Here, I am not going to discuss about the film, but the idea of the film (how I see it) as you have mentioned "accept dead people coming back alive". Whenever a Rajini film arrives, I keenly note the feedbacks the movie receives, and this time I was shocked to see a section calling it a Horror film and there is a ghost in the movie. These are the people who use the jargons Script and Screenplay in every wrong way possible and hit everyone with Box Office report sooner than end of the film's first show. Their basic interest is not in the film but rather thats not the topic, isnt it ?

If you are inquisitive or find the OBE (out of the body experience) interesting, please read: Projectiology: A Panorama of Experiences of the Consciousness Outside the Human Body by Dr. Waldo Viera (2002).

This reference/research might explain and give clarity to one of the characterisation in the film 2.O. Aura and its related phenomena is the mysterious meeting point of Science and Spirituality. I am always interested in knowing about Energy in whichever form its defined. In spirituality, Aura is a space filled with light, while science defines it as electromagnetic field enveloping any body, living or breathless.

As I wish to keep this post shorter, I wont be writing an essay about this vast subject. I invite you to (if and only if you are willing) to watch the film again, but this time just note the use of colours on the giant bird. Aura strong points are defined with colours (accepted by science too). For example, even the Red Chip is directly associated with Aura, where Red colour stands for materialistic thoughts and consciousness of the physical body - Relate it with Chitti V2 right from how he admires himself before the mirror and keeps his desires intact. Similarly, there are yellow, orange, blue, grey and a lot more colours mixed into the Bird Man character to enlarge the concept of Aura.

Aura had always existed in Sci-Fi film, just that the directors and writers project it as their own imagination. If directors like Nolan had talked about Aura, there would be separate columns all over the internet discussing how fabulous it is but here we right away jump into collection details that does not serve even as a toilet paper's fabulous task. We have seen a lot of outer-space movies, including Matrix, where the character's physical body is attached to a silver umbilical cord inside a glass cylinder, but his spirit (or whatever) moves into another field where it performs its actions. This is called Astral Travel. The movie The Fountain deals with similar structure where the mind does most of the task while the body is ideal. Our mythologies and very few spiritual masters have talked about this phenomenon which is accepted by science too.

Aura is the collection of thoughts and emotions. Its force is defined according to the power of these thoughts and emotions. Even tiredness can be explained with respect to Aura - the emotional outbrust over an information or simply thoughts that provoke fear, etc., enriches or spoil the Aura accordingly. Ramana Maharshi used to just sit and watch the clouds sailing past above him. He is blank while watching his own cloud of thoughts that energise the Aura around him. He killed his thoughts and emotions with silence, thus, his Aura started to project differently around him (Silence is power comes from here which is wrongly interpreted in this materialistic world).

I cannot challenge Shankar's idea, as its his idea. But I can say whether it is convincing or not. The existence of the Fifth Force has been in study for several decades now the Dark Matter. Where Spirituality has explained, science is trying to reason it out. According to Shankar, the collective energy of the Aura after the death of the several bodies is the Fifth force and could have immense power as it can hold both creation and destruction properties. It is deadly as it can be the energy as well as its own source. How they try to neutralise it in the film 2.O is debatable, but the idea is genuine.

Finally, Good versus Evil: Our society conditions people to think and play in a same pattern. There is an immense interest towards Good versus Evil, where unanimously its accepted that Good does only good and evil does bad things (thats how we grow our kids too). Few story tellers launch bigger good versus greater good or badness with evilness. Except Chitti V1 and Nila, everyone else is shown guilty in the movie, where Chitti V2 is an exception as he gives a fuck about everything else that is not himself ... LoL.

I really dont consider 'the message in films' as it depends on the individuals intelligence. Take for instance 2.O, after watching the movie everyone posted a selfie from their cell phone and texted stating that they pitted the birds. Patchi Rajan cant touch me, as I dont have a cell phone bwahahaha! I have been telling the same, and even expressed to provide water to butterflies and explained the method in one of my stories.

I do understand, that too for a movie, all these does not matter and are not important at all. At the end of the day whether the movie entertained ME or not is the final take. I am glad that 2.O had entertained you partially and that you liked watching it in native 3D.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched..thoroughly enjoyed the movie..

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Yeah Shankar movies always have 5+ songs ...
    Was fun reading through older comments - finally the new trends have convinced Shankar himself to ditch songs (Just one along with credits)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast