Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Nehru an athiest?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Razole, Razole taluqa, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atheists------------Dont believe god
    Communists------Give less importance to religion
    My self ------------Give more importance to religion
    In other forums also i posted many messages supporting religion.
    If we have done nothing wrong, we need not fear about criticisms of any one.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi
    http://geocities.com/praveenmandangi...enmandangi.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote that atheists do not believe god and communists give less importance to religion. There is also another sect called non religious. They are not atheists but do not follow any religious practices. Such people are more in Russia. In Russia after christian population, non religious population is 2nd in majority. In India atheists are more in West Bengal. In West Bengal around 26,000 people are atheists. In West Bengal communist party is in power. Communists give less importance to religion. Communist governments do not give direct support to any religion. Both atheism and communism are more in West Bengal. I believe religion strongly but i do not hate atheists, non religious and communists.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mandangi
    Both atheism and communism are more in West Bengal.
    Dear mandangi,

I notice you have this strange way of making associations between two things that have no validating supports. Previously you falsely made an association between Brahmins and theism and now between communism and atheism.

The reason of people not believing in God or religion is not at all founded in communism. People use rational and logical reasoning and scientific knowledge/evidences that allow them to reject beliefs in such non-existent entities, variously and contradictorily postulated by various religions of the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr Rohit. I did not say that atheism was invented by communists. I am also supporter of communists. There is wrong propaganda that communists are against god. People who dont like communism are causing such wrong propaganda. In communist countries like China people think religion only as personal practice. But in India some political parties try to attract majority religion by name of hindutva and some parties try to attract all religions by name of secularism. China politicians do not make religion as political matter like Indian politicians.
    You also misunderstood my messages on brahmanism. Atheists do not believe religion or caste. Atheists do not use their caste names. Jawahar Lal Nehru introduced himself as brahman. He used caste name. So Jawahar Lal Nehru cannot be atheist.
    I believe religion but do not believe caste.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi

Post Thanks / Like
    Jawahar Lal Nehru introduced himself as brahman. He used caste name. So Jawahar Lal Nehru cannot be atheist.
    Again, I am afraid, you are making a false association between the two. Well, it is up to you how you classify theists and atheists, but the standard definition for atheists is those who do not believe in "God" and that for theists is those who believe in "God". According to these definitions, Jawahar Lal Nehru was a non-believer. And that is a well-known fact.

Atheists do not believe religion or caste....I believe religion but do not believe caste.
    Buddhists believe in religion but do not believe either in "God" or caste. Now, form your own classification, how would you classify Buddhists; religious, non-religious, theists, agnostics or atheists?

Which caste the Pops and Archbishops in Christianity belong to? Do Christians identify themselves by any caste? If no, does it make them atheists? If you believe in religion but not in caste, that is really good, but likewise there are many people in India who belong to an identified caste but they are atheists, just like Nehru was and many others were/are. I personally do not believe either in "God" or caste.

Do such differences really make people truely religious or non-religious or theists or atheists? I don't think so.

So, the point is; your tendency to make unfounded associations between the two coincidental things and events, thus, turns out to be fallacious.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand your logic. Nehru introduced himself as brahman. Atheists do not believe god. There is no chance for them to believe caste.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Caste system is related to hindu religion. How can an atheist believe caste?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand your logic. Nehru introduced himself as brahman. Atheists do not believe god. There is no chance for them to believe caste.
    Caste system is related to hindu religion. How can an atheist believe caste?
    Again, these both statements are based on false associations between the two coincidental things or events. And this is where it clearly demonstrates sheer lapses in logic and resulting fallacious deductions.

And yet the fact remains the same, Nehru did not, I repeat, did not believe in God, irrespective of whether he believed in his caste or not. A born Hindu may have a caste, but that does not prevent him to become a non-believer. And excatly that what Nehru was, a born Hindu but develped into a non-beliver.

If you find it hard to accept it, that is none of my problem, but you have no choice but to either live with that problem or accept the fact.

“Nehru was a non-believer who believed all religions are false and the State should not identify with any religion. Nehru's views were the views of an atheist.”

http://www.hvk.org/articles/0603/91.html

Author: L K Advani
    Publication: Rediff on Net
    Date: June 7, 2003
    URL: http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/jun/07spec.htm

"I want nothing to do with religion concerned with keeping the masses satisfied to live in hunger, filth and ignorance. I want nothing to do with any order, religious or otherwise, which does not teach people that they are capable of becoming happier and more civilized, on this earth... To attain this, I would put priests (i.e. Brahmin priests) to work, also, and turn the temples into schools." - [Jawaharlal Nehru]

"No country or people who are slaves to dogma and the dogmatic mentality can progress, and unhappily our country and people have become extraordinarily dogmatic and little-minded." [Jawaharlal Nehru - a Biography vol. I , Sarvepalli Gopal]

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand what is the need for atheists to introduce themselves as brahman or agarwal or rajput. Caste system exists only in hindu religion. How can atheists use caste names? Jawahar Lal Nehru encouraged people of his caste well in his party. Lal Bahadur Sastry and VV Giri are best examples for it. Jawahar Lal Nehru was no way atheist.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi

Post Thanks / Like
    mandangi,

Like I said, if you can't read and comprehend what Nehru himself said; and find it hard to accept it, that is none of my problem, but you have no choice but to either live with that problem or accept the fact. Exactly this sort of behaviours Nehru referred as dogmatic. I pity you, I really do.

I am sorry, but most readers and I will have to ignore all your dogmatic posts.

Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast