Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Political correctness - rabble rousing - current affairs..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    Read the report on Diwali celebrations in Pakistan (reported in the Times of India) and the Assam Governor's statement (again from the Times of India) that I posted above. Isn't it ironic?
    What is ironic is that you have chosen to post the exceptions
    There is a saying that when a dog bites a man, it is not news; when a man bites a man, it is news!

Dissent & blasphemy happens every day in India without repurcussions. Pakistan is an Islamic state with specific punishment for Blasphemy.

Have you heard a DK speech in your life? These happen routinely in India. Movies like 'PK' can happen only in India.

4. Thanks irir123 thanked for this post
    Likes irir123 liked this post
    Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wife suggested moving out of India: Aamir on intolerance

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...?homepage=true

“As an individual, as part of this country as a citizen, we read in the papers what is happening, we see it on the news and certainly, I have been alarmed. I can’t deny. I have been alarmed by a number of incidents,” he said while speaking here at the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards.

The actor said he also felt that the sense of insecurity and fear had been growing in the past six or eight months.

“When I chat with Kiran [Kiran Rao] at home, she says ‘Should we move out of India?’ That’s a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make. She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day.

LL: This is the "point" I am trying to make here. If a person like Aamir Khan and his wife feel insecure living in India because of the ongoing atrocities that I listed in my previous postings, imagine how an ordinary person who does not belong to the ruling party and/or the "majority" religion feels in the "democratic republic" of India!
    Did you read his full speech - he mentioned newspapers and TV channels, not ANY FIRST_HAND EXPERIENCES - which is what I am trying to say.
    I remember in one of his programs, he showcased an instance of Kashmiri muslims protecting a Kshmiri Pandit family; Maybe, he needs to do some research about such instances of tolerances all over India!

It is funny that we are constantly warned not to stereotype an entire religion because of some acts; but here every newspaper/TV channel is stereotyping an entire country because of some speeches. (YES - Aamir implied he would not feel safe ANYWHERE IN INDIA, which means he tarred the entire country with that insinuation).
    Regards,
    LL

6. Thanks irir123 thanked for this post
    Likes irir123 liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_labakudoss View Post
    It is funny that we are constantly warned not to stereotype an entire religion because of some acts; but here every newspaper/TV channel is stereotyping an entire country because of some speeches. (YES - Aamir implied he would not feel safe ANYWHERE IN INDIA, which means he tarred the entire country with that insinuation).
    LL
    After Aamir and Shahrukh, pressure on Salman to say something about ‘intolerance’

Published on November 24, 2015

Mumbai: Bollywood star Salman Khan is under pressure and it has nothing to do with the rash driving case against him. Apparently, bhai’s latest headache is related to statements made by Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan surrounding the rising intolerance in the country.

Sources close to the actor say that there is ‘immense pressure’ on the actor to say ‘something’ about intolerance as other two Khans have said something and it would look bad if Salman had absolutely nothing to say on this issue.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of people were terribly scared/frightened when the following happened:

the Godhra train burning incident,
    the Mumbai attacks in 2008,
    the Coimbatore blasts in 1998,
    the protest against Vishwaroopam in 2013,

The fears above - if experienced by a common man - though illegitimate at the outset - were far more legitimate than those of Aamir Khan and co, who, btw, given their celebrity status are less likely to be directly affected and are merely pandering to a politically correct vitiative atmosphere...

but did any of us voice our fears? even if we did, would it have mattered?

now all these celebrities have succeeded in making India look like a land of human pit vipers where every day, as if our national pass time is harassing minorities...

sorry I couldn't care less if Aamir Khan decided to migrate elsewhere..
    Last edited by irir123; 25th November 2015 at 09:48 AM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Relax my friends; the above posting (about Salman) is from one of my favorite web pages titled "Faking News"! I wrote about the page in the "Picked from the papers today - Volume 3" section of mayyam.com on March 26, 2013 (posting #2708)!

Here it is...

http://www.fakingnews.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    A lot of people were terribly scared/frightened when the following happened:

the Godhra train burning incident,
    the Mumbai attacks in 2008,
    the Coimbatore blasts in 1998,
    the protest against Vishwaroopam in 2013,

The fears above - if experienced by a common man - though illegitimate at the outset - were far more legitimate than those of Aamir Khan and co, who, btw, given their celebrity status are less likely to be directly affected and are merely pandering to a politically correct vitiative atmosphere...
    Why stop there? Keep on reading...

"Two central ministers of Modi Sarkar, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti and Giriaj Singh made very insulting and humiliating remarks about non Hindus and the color of skin of UPA chief Sonia Gandhi. Niranjan Jyoti stated that all those who are non Hindus are illegitimate, Haramzade. Giriraj Singh had earlier said that those not voting for Modi should go to Pakistan. Interestingly he said this before the elections and despite such a record he was elevated to the level of minister in the Modi sarkar. He made racial comments about Sonia Gandhi recently. Sakshi Mahraj also held Godse as a patriot, while his another party colleague from Kerala, one Gopal Krishnan wrote in RSS mouth piece Keasri that Godse chose a wrong target in killing Gandhi, he should have killed Nehru instead. Subramaniam Swamy, one of the very senior leaders of BJP, said that God lives in temples alone, not in mosques and Churches, The hidden implication of this statement is fraught with danger. These are few of the samples from what all has been stated during this year. Its impact in increasing the sense of fear amongst religious minorities is more than obvious. BJP ally Shiv Sena’s MP Sanjay Raut went to the extent of demanding that the voting rights of Muslims should be revoked."

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/One-y...ies-34269.html

Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    sorry I couldn't care less if Aamir Khan decided to migrate elsewhere..
    Sorry; I have to disappoint you! Aamir Khan and people who are against what is happening in India today are not going anywhere!!! See what happened in Bihar? History has a bad habit of repeating itself...
    Last edited by raagadevan; 25th November 2015 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I stand by everything that I have said in my interview. To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone's permission nor endorsement for that." - Aamir Khan

Full text of Aamir Khan's statement:

"First let me state categorically that neither I, nor my wife Kiran, have any intention of leaving the country. We never did, and nor would we like to in the future. Anyone implying the opposite has either not seen my interview or is deliberately trying to distort what I have said. India is my country, I love it, I feel fortunate for being born here, and this is where I am staying.

Secondly, I stand by everything that I have said in my interview.

To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone's permission nor endorsement for that.

To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point.

To all the people who have stood by me, thank you. We have to protect what this beautiful and unique country of ours really stands for. We have to protect its integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, its many languages, its culture, its history, its tolerance, it's concept of ekantavada, it's love, sensitivity and its emotional strength.

I would like to end my statement with a poem by Rabindranath Tagore, it's a prayer really :

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high,
    Where knowledge is free,
    Where the world has not been broken up into fragments,
    by narrow domestic walls,
    Where words come out from the depth of truth,
    Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection,
    Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way,
    Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit,
    Where the mind is led forward by thee,
    Into ever-widening thought and action,
    Into that heaven of freedom, my father, let my country awake.

Jai Hind."

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I stand by everything that I have said in my interview. To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone's permission nor endorsement for that." - Aamir Khan

Full text of Aamir Khan's statement:

"First let me state categorically that neither I, nor my wife Kiran, have any intention of leaving the country. We never did, and nor would we like to in the future. Anyone implying the opposite has either not seen my interview or is deliberately trying to distort what I have said. India is my country, I love it, I feel fortunate for being born here, and this is where I am staying.

Secondly, I stand by everything that I have said in my interview.

To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone's permission nor endorsement for that.

To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point.

To all the people who have stood by me, thank you. We have to protect what this beautiful and unique country of ours really stands for. We have to protect its integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, its many languages, its culture, its history, its tolerance, it's concept of ekantavada, it's love, sensitivity and its emotional strength.

I would like to end my statement with a poem by Rabindranath Tagore, it's a prayer really :

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high,
    Where knowledge is free,
    Where the world has not been broken up into fragments,
    by narrow domestic walls,
    Where words come out from the depth of truth,
    Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection,
    Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way,
    Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit,
    Where the mind is led forward by thee,
    Into ever-widening thought and action,
    Into that heaven of freedom, my father, let my country awake.

Jai Hind."

Taslima's response to Aamir Khan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Shiv Sena offers Rs 1 lakh ‘reward’ to anyone who slaps Aamir

The Punjab unit of the Shiv Sena on Wednesday announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh per slap for anyone slapping actor Aamir Khan over his recent remarks on “intolerance” in India.

http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...o-slaps-aamir/

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast