Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Mr. GreyShirt : "If you guys are talking about Bond movies then you gotta talk about the credit music. How was the Spectre's music? "

Sam Simth's single "Writing's on the Wall" features as the Bond Title Song in the film Spectre. It has more character to it, and if you have watched the film, you will easily relate it to the name of the single. And this time, Bond goes for flames and the hair of the dancing beauties are flying ashes. Simply superb definitions if you get to watch it on 4K.

Everything about the movie is great - Hinx & Mr.White were convincing. The Jaguar C-X75/Aston DB10 chase was spectacular.

Will talk about the movie in the Foreign Films thread, later.

Spectre - "Welcome, James. It's been a long time, and, finally, here we are."

The title song/track was/is good - but somehow I liked Skyfall by Adele better.. the visuals were stunning in Spectre titles!

My personal favorite since the Timothy Dalton years is Sheryl Crow's 'tomorrow never dies' which apparently has chord progressions not much different from 'o butterfly' from Meera by IR - which came several years before TND!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, its Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger, followed by Live and Let Die by Wings. After a terrifying Bond Opening scene, Tina Turner voice is what a Bond soundtrack needs. Then ofcoarse you got Madonna.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vedhalam( I think it's better to post here as posting there might start some unnecessary confusion)
    I found 1st half quite interesting actually..apart from the comedy,shruthi scenes and some unbelievable fights! Suspense factor was nice! The fight situation in yacht nice! But fight choreography could have been realistic and suspenseful!
    Interval scene the dialogues were nice although over the top!
    It's only the 2nd half which never work for me! Yen Siva ippdi?aaluma Doluma was 👍🏼 sentiment scenes were nice here and there! Ajiths innocent performance👍🏼
    I am sure ajith fans would love the movie! For the rest not that bad as they make it seem in Twitter!2nd half don I expected something like mass don! I personally found the maari act not well suited for the screenplay! From what I saw fans seemed to like yacht fight and mass dialogues very much👍🏼👍🏼 comedy was romba Sumar! Songs was not that nice! BGM in veeram was more mass! Ajiths performance all really nice! However my humble request is director Siva can make it a bit less predictable in future films!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    The title song/track was/is good - but somehow I liked Skyfall by Adele better.. the visuals were stunning in Spectre titles!
    Agree, I am going for the 2nd to time see Spectre , would have been awesome had the movie had better bond girls

Can any one enlighten me as to why Julia Roberts / Cindy Crawford were never considered for a bond girl? after all they were some of the beautiful women of the 90's!, they still look good enough to be bond girls!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me protect myself from spammers by posting here

Vedalam - as ajith says it was dhamasu dhamasu

After first half I thought it couldn't be bad than this but 2nd half proved me wrong. Shruthi, soori, bgm, villains and ajith as vedalam were irritating to the core. Don't you mess with me song was

Ajith's dance for aaluma doluma with heavy beats were like traffic police actions though song was trimmed. Was this song shot in hurry ? Not sure why ajith screams in most of the scenes. Therika vidalama graphics scene looked very odd. Best part ajith doesn't need any tracking device to find villians

Positives - Ajith as ganesh, lakshmi Menon saving scene from hospital and climax last scene

Negatives - vedalam character, comedy sentiment try by ajith, soori, poor bgm and finally the worse of all shruthi . why is she there in movie?

Ajith better act in movie like thoongavanam without dance, songs and punch scenes. It suits him better. Comedies and sentiments never worked with him
    Last edited by Nawaaz; 11th November 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rifath View Post
    Vedhalam( I think it's better to post here as posting there might start some unnecessary confusion)
    I found 1st half quite interesting actually..apart from the comedy,shruthi scenes and some unbelievable fights! Suspense factor was nice! The fight situation in yacht nice! But fight choreography could have been realistic and suspenseful!
    Interval scene the dialogues were nice although over the top!
    It's only the 2nd half which never work for me! Yen Siva ippdi?aaluma Doluma was ���� sentiment scenes were nice here and there! Ajiths innocent performance����
    I am sure ajith fans would love the movie! For the rest not that bad as they make it seem in Twitter!2nd half don I expected something like mass don! I personally found the maari act not well suited for the screenplay! From what I saw fans seemed to like yacht fight and mass dialogues very much�������� comedy was romba Sumar! Songs was not that nice! BGM in veeram was more mass! Ajiths performance all really nice! However my humble request is director Siva can make it a bit less predictable in future films!
    I don't think this kind of Review is going to do any harm in posting in Vedalam Threat. I don't any of us(Ajith Fans) would actually be against it. And Thanks for the Review.
    But obviously this place is definitely for spammers who expects to trigger animosity.
    Rajesh......

Vazhkai enbathae oru anubavam thaane...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thonga vanam..a bland thriller..elarrum edge of seat solranga, but for me its was quite slow paced and the twist was typical stuff..if this is called edge of seat, papanasam ellam enna solrathu..sorry to say, writing thrillers is not Kamals forte..
    Disappointing Deepavali releases so far..next Salman Khan thaan kapathanum..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

9. Likes balaajee liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    Let me protect myself from spammers by posting here

Vedalam - as ajith says it was dhamasu dhamasu

After first half I thought it couldn't be bad than this but 2nd half proved me wrong. Shruthi, soori, bgm, villains and ajith as vedalam were irritating to the core. Don't you mess with me song was

Ajith's dance for aaluma doluma with heavy beats were like traffic police actions though song was trimmed. Was this song shot in hurry ? Not sure why ajith screams in most of the scenes. Therika vidalama graphics scene looked very odd. Best part ajith doesn't need any tracking device to find villians

Positives - Ajith as ganesh, lakshmi Menon saving scene from hospital and climax last scene

Negatives - vedalam character, comedy sentiment try by ajith, soori, poor bgm and finally the worse of all shruthi . why is she there in movie?

Ajith better act in movie like thoongavanam without dance, songs and punch scenes. It suits him better. Comedies and sentiments never worked with him
    exactly..reminds me of Vijays Aaddhi..that aaaii and the villains voice..enamo payi padathuku dub panraga pola
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched thoongaavanam in the theatre. A fast-paced thriller. A clever plot cleverly developed: the credit must rightly go to the English original, also for the shorter duration than our native movies. It is a bad boy thriller with very violent scenes, too violent for my liking. The kidnapped boy in the movie is a little precocious in a lovable way. Kannam vaththiya Trisha did justice to her role as did all other characters.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    thonga vanam..a bland thriller..elarrum edge of seat solranga, but for me its was quite slow paced and the twist was typical stuff..if this is called edge of seat, papanasam ellam enna solrathu..sorry to say, writing thrillers is not Kamals forte..
    Disappointing Deepavali releases so far..next Salman Khan thaan kapathanum..
    Tammu to save the day
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast