Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    [B]Thangamagan

(lot of liplock & smooching...Can give a title to Danush as South indian Emraan Hashmi)
    [/SIZE]
    felt so boring but need to appreciate for the decent effort.

but rendu heroinayum pottu ipdi pannirukkapla.. but i wonder how it managed U certificate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens was glorious. It had its flaws but they were pushed aside by how amazing the rest of the film was; just like the first movie. It is worth a watch even if you are not a big fan of Star Wars.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont understand these hype hoopla fuss about Star wars..havent seen any of these...is that much worth the ?

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes so much of hype for star wars. My few friends saying have to watch only in IMAX. I just want to know apadi enna thaan padathula iruku

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thangamagan - Just for Dhanush enjoying the heroines in the movie, nothing much. BGM was ok. But those dialogues in 2nd half were of no sense.
    Okiesh movie. Gave a serial watching effect in few scenes.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    Yes so much of hype for star wars. My few friends saying have to watch only in IMAX. I just want to know apadi enna thaan padathula iruku
    'ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்: தி ஃபோர்ஸ் அவேகன்ஸ்' வசூல் சாதனை

உலகின் பல நாடுகளில் வெளியான 'ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்-7' திரைப்படம் மிகப் பெரிய வசூல் சாதனையை படைத்துள்ளது. 80-களில் ஹாலிவுட்டையே புரட்டிப் போட்ட திரைப்படம் 'ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்'. தலைமுறைகளைக் கடந்து ரசிகர்களைப் பெற்றுள்ள 'ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்' படங்கள் இது வரை மொத்தம் 6 பாகங்கள் வெளியாகியுள்ளன. இதோடு ஒரு அனிமேஷன் திரைப்படமும் வெளியாகியுள்ளது.

உலக அளவில் ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ் பட ரசிகர்களால் பெரிதும் எதிர்ப்பார்க்கப்பட்ட ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ் திரைப்படத்தின் 7-வது பாகம் 'ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்: தி ஃபோர்ஸ் அவேகன்ஸ்' என்ற பெயரில் ஜே.ஜே. ஆப்ராம்ஸ் இயக்கத்தில் கடந்த வெள்ளிக்கிழமை வெளியானது.

வெளியான முதல் வாரத்தில் இந்தப் படம் உலக அளவில் 3,30 கோடியே 88 லட்சம் ($517) டாலர்கள் வசூலை வாரிக் குவித்துள்ளது. இது இதற்கு முன்னர் வெளியாகி வசூல் சாதனைப் படைத்த 'தி ஜுராஸிக் வேர்ல்ட்' படத்தை விட சற்று குறைவாகும்.

உலக அளவில் 30,000-க்கும் மேற்பட்ட திரையரங்குகளில் ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ் வெளியாகியுள்ளது. ஒட்டுமொத்தமாக ஜெர்மனி, இங்கிலாந்து, ஆஸ்திரேலியா, ரஷ்யா உள்ளிட்ட நாடுகளில் ஸ்டார் வார்ஸுக்கு ரசிகர்களின் வரவேற்பு அமோகமாக உள்ளது.

இதற்கு முன் இத்தகைய வசூல் சாதனையை 'ஜுராஸிக் வேர்ல்ட்', ஹாரி பாட்டர் போன்ற படங்கள் பெற்றிருந்தன. அவை அனைத்தையும் ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ் 7 முறியடித்துள்ளது.
    இன்னும் ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ் திரைப்படம் இந்தியா உள்ளிட்ட நாடுகளில் வெளியாகவில்லை. கிறுஸ்துமஸ் தினத்தில் வெளியாக திட்டமிடப்பட்டுள்ள நிலையில் மேலும் படத்தின் வசூல் குவிய வாய்ப்புள்ளது.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parthyy,

Star Wars is not a movie about good guys versus bad guys, Star Wars is an universe.

Keeping aside 'in one's own view' - personally I was never intrigued with Star Wars, for that I am not a fan of Sci-Fi movies; all that I could retain about Star Wars were "Tubelight Sword Fight', the Yellow Font/opening credits and the laser noises - keeping individual likeness aside, there are many reason as to why Star Wars is an exemplary cult film which cannot be erased by any time line, also should not be missed.

- Star Wars is the first Sci-Fi Fantasy Original film. The rest before & after were adaptations from either books or comics. Star Wars has original plot, characters, music, make-up, space ships, robots, helmets ... and also the special effects. It is a legacy where several cameras were used to create the effects and maximise the movie theatre experience, several years before Matrix. The music in particular is intense. It had taken the sleep away from many kids for several years.

- Star Wars used several catchy and new terms that got instantly registered with the audience, a few are - Sith, Jedi, Quest, Galaxy, Old Republic, Princess (a very newer than Disney), Master, Clone, The Dark Side, Admiral, Yoda, Jabba, R2-D2, Darth Vader, King Adas, Princess Lea, Queen Apailana ... etc., Just go through the character names/terms, they all will be fabulous. Also, check Star Wars Family Tree, thats how Star Wars in a part of the spectator's social life.

- Star Wars is a prime blockbuster. The word 'Blockbuster' is terribly misused now-a-days. Keeping its sense intact, Star Wars is a major Blockbuster of Hollywood, which changed the vision and culture of filming, projecting and marketing. Amoungst the films like GodFather & French Connection followed by 2001 A Space Odyssey & Jaws, Star Wars revoked all the existing definitions and brought in a new experience for movie goers. It changed the perspective of investments and is a prime reason why Hollywood is more a money minting industry now, a technic introduced by Star Wars Franchise.

- Star Wars did not put together any team. It was a movie made for fun. Rumours say that the sequel was made when Lucas wanted to demerit the first film's sucess to his ex-wife. When the ideas were not quite accepted, Lucas & Firends created their own special effects studio in a garage, the company later bought by Disney in 2012.

- The characters in Star Wars left an impact that it became a part of social life. The fictional Universe was experienced by fans and they started to beleive its existance. It did lock generations of audience with its charm, that no other film or series had captivated till date.

- The experience that Star Wars delivered was unique, contemporary audience cannot imagine how big Star Wars is. Even before the digital Avatar was graced by the audience, Star Wars already was standing tall.

- Star Wars opted for the first time a new & effective Marketing, a first in Hollywood - right from napkins to door mats, there was a character or space-ship model embedded on it. A strategy later adopted and aggressively used by Disney. Star Wars created a mode, or rightly put a fashion, for itself and establised a parallel culture.

- Popularity of Darth Vader (who utters the famous punch line in the movie "I am your Father") can be noticed on the facade of the National Cathedral in Washington.

"I am your Father" Scene ripped for Orginal VHS (VHS is always awesome)

- Curiosity - Star Wars Episode 1 poster. I personally consider it to be in the list of top 100 Film Poster of the Century.

There are much much more on/about Star Wars. History cannot be contained in paragraphs, as its something much beyond. So I end here, assuring myself that I have tried my bit to explain. As I am not a fan of the series, I cannot comment on the latest Reboot - Star Wars The Force Awakens, but rest assured its no less than a spectacular (highly depends on theatre where its screened/watched). If you wish, I can rewrite few more pages about Mad Max Fury Road (LoL).
    Last edited by mappi; 23rd December 2015 at 03:11 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What hooked me to Star Wars was the first movie was very space western. Even though the new movie wasn't like that, it still had very entertaining scenes and great characters. Ray is like a mix of both Luke and Han.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Space Western", exactly it is.

The whole set-up and the design is Medieval. Like in a genre bender, the middle age is quite well mingled in Star Wars, Period Fantasy to Sci-Fi Fantasy - the sword fights, costumes esp. cloaks, vast and vaccant lands, only one mode of transport, slaves-robots and feudalistic Empire structure, monsters, creatures, warriors, sect-sith ... etc.

EDIT : On a side note, a 'hors-recommendation' category, meaning a movie not for everyone : Hard to Be a God (Russian : Trudno byt' bogom).
    An amazing creative idea of a parallel universe stuck in time. Scientist land up there just to find that the age of the space is Medieval. Violent & Gruesome, I found the movie awesome, but still not recomended for everyone - I tell it to you Mr.GreyShirt, as we have shared few details about Middle Age music, maybe you will find this movie interesting.
    Last edited by mappi; 23rd December 2015 at 04:28 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi, i have not watched any of the star wars movies yet.

in which order should i start watching them? 4 5 6 1 2 3 7 or 1 2 3 4 5 6 7?
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast