Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    gvp hero and his uncle is scoring music for Rajiv menon's film..... ippa enna solreenga Mahen sir?
    Lol. Add tamanna as heroine
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you thought i was joking, I was not, it is a real news

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...shs-next-42076
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

4. Thanks balaajee thanked for this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marudhu

After Vijay Sethupathi, RK Suresh reminds me a lot Rajini. The skin tone, the eyes, the look and above all, the energy that he transmits to the screen is blazing. He has a knack of using his neck while delivering dialogues, visible in Thata Thapattai also, which looks original. During the climax, he sits and watches Marudhu bashing his men, all the while crunching red hot pepper, this scene is a fabulous portrayal. TFI has got a villain who resembles a villain. Hope directors use him lovelily rather than giving him the same role as one of his role is a sucess. His physical strains are quite visible too, where Vishal (Marudhu) doing his usual, lifts and throws Rolex Pandian (played by RK Suresh) on the dry muddy field and Pandian does a backflip landing on his neck - this could land fatal. An obedience in alignment with character needs - Hats off RK Suresh.

After Rambha, it should be Vishal. You can miss his hits, but never his underware. He elegantly flips his 'lungi' as 'a mini-skirt in the wind'. He is physically fit and uses his height to heighten the 'angry youngman character', who really does anything his grandma asks him to do. To explain this aspect of the character, at several instances we are reminded that "he really does anything his grandma asks him to do". Plus, the villan does anything that his mentor (Radha Ravi) asks him to do - the actions are marked with eye glances between them, whereas everyone around them point that "the villan does anything that his mentor asks him to do". That's how they ride us upto the interval, where we get to see the fist action sequence in a over dramatic slow-mo. I loved the gruesomeness in these action blocks. Well, how we come to this point in the film, is after witnessing everyone slapping each one, conveyed in a humoristic manner though.

After that, comes few interesting parts - I liked the story intersections. Yet again, after another 'after this episode' episode, it's all about these two obedient men, Marudhu and Pandiayan, facing each other until the 'stunning stunt' climax. Vishal has made himself to provide us with a wonderful database of stunt sequences - Hats off Vishal & team. The supporting characters sparkle with Aruldoss and Namo Narayana perfectly rendering their cameo.

Marudhu - Madurai Leonidas

Last edited by mappi; 23rd May 2016 at 04:05 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idhu Namma Aalu - soora mokkai, don't waste your time.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

7. Likes balaajee liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Idhu Namma Aalu - soora mokkai, don't waste your time.
    is it? reviews said it was super... duper...?
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol

superaa?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    reviews said it was super... duper...?
    Yaam petra inbam peruga ivvaiyagam.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

11. Likes PARAMASHIVAN, NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iraivi

After reading and watching all the reviews, I was kind of pumped up for this film. Huge let down especially the second half.

Why are these people trying so hard to make films that LOOK & SOUND serious and intellectual? If you cannot actually think of something deep to say just don't say, you needn't push it so hard out of your anus.

This film didn't make me feel for the characters except one. That was S.J.Suriya and only credit to the director is for casting him. That man was phenomenal at times in his character.

A fewer more drafts of the script could've made this a bearable fare. But what they have made is completely messy.

I wouldn't be blowing off so much steam over an average movie only if rest of the world wasn't trying to praise one such film as a "masterpiece".
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maruthu has given me "Chronic Depression " , my Dr says I wont be given any Anti depressant tablets
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 6th June 2016 at 09:04 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

14. Likes balaajee liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Velainu Vandhutta Vellaikaaran any good ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast