Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kathakali very good until the last 5 mins..oru thadaiyara thaaka patha mathiri oru feeling..pandiraj went overboard with the twists..when the final twist was revealed, I was like what??!! it became illogical..he could have stopped at one point..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. Likes gane14 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the box office looking like for kathakali?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Kathakali very good until the last 5 mins..oru thadaiyara thaaka patha mathiri oru feeling..pandiraj went overboard with the twists..when the final twist was revealed, I was like what??!! it became illogical..he could have stopped at one point..

YES,
    After Marina & Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga had 0% hope on Pandiraj but he proved me wrong...we can forgive last five minutes for rest 2 hrs...

If I rate Pongal movies

1. Kathakali - Gripping entertainer
    2. Tharai Thapattai - big letdown (I like Bala of Sethu, Pithamagan & Nandha.)
    3. Rajini Murugan - Nothing new nor interesting
    4. Geethu - Sondha kaasil sooniyam (even though its his grandpa looted money)
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gethu - slow and predictable.

So far this year I managed to watch 3 average movies. Gethu is not a disaster but not overwhelming either. More than the story & screenplay Harris BGM annoyed me, what is he trying to do , give everyone heartattack?
    God bless all

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aranmanai 2- boring

Sunder c try to play safe but totally fail here.. Repeat aranmanai 1 same story n comedy. aranmanai 1 at least some good comedy by santhanam.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aranmanai 2

Neither the comedy nor the horror element worked out for me. Sundar normally compensates his weak storylines with good humor. But the comedy falls flat right from the start.

I think its time to put an end card to horror films in tamil cinema.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k_vanan View Post
    Aranmanai 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Aranmanai 2
    The Pey story, esp. towards the end, is similar to NH10 core plot, but HN10 was more bitter.

I was expecting Manobala character as an extention to his absent-minded role from Part 1. His encounter with the Pey on the bus was hillarious though. Soori strikes his English again by introducing new vocabulary/term - Komala 'imisuu'. Few places he was funny. C Sundar added more flour this time, and when Kushboo came in, all wickets out, that was the most hillarious part apart from the ghosts & shadows becoming a joke. Atleast we had wet Andrea in Aranmanai 1 climax, here we are forced to settle with Siddarth in his tight tops.

Still the change from Trisha to Hansika back to Trisha was cool. I found the nambodari 'gapsas' funny, but at the same interesting, C Sundar still got few of his touches intact, esp. narrative dialog editing.

Aranmanai 2 - Identical Twins
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Trisha : Aranmanai 2/ Kalaavathi !!!-------------------------------Aranmanai 2 !!!Aranmanai 2, extraordinary opening. Day 1, Friday Rs 5.22 Cr from 355 screens in TN. !!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aranmanai 2 - Needs some renovation

This movie has all Sundar C movie ingredients: comedy, glamour, Sundar C. movie artists, unusual witty characters, revenge, plot twist and a simple story. The movie didnt feel lenghty at all, from beginning till end its scare tacticts. I did enjoy watching this movie except for the graphics and songs. The graphics seems worse than amman movies from 90s. And this Hip Hop Aadhi duo is getting on my nerves. The selfcentred MDs are more focussing on personal success as a singer than give others opportunities to sing. The bgm was apt for a horror movie though.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Moondraam Ullaga Por - amateurish

its not easy to make patriotic movies...

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast