Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Thoongavanam - Felt it was average. The tension was consistently reducing. The villains did not seem to do anything at all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thoongavanam

Stylishly made. But apart from that nothing worked for me. The movie wanders between the dance floor, kitchen and toilet and it becomes boring after a while. I thought they would've worked on this and made a change to the Nuit Blanche script. But it is ditto. I didn't find the original impressive. Same goes for the remake as well..

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Thoongavanam - Felt it was average. The tension was consistently reducing. The villains did not seem to do anything at all.
    Have you seen "Nuit Blanche" (sleepless night )? , Is thoongavan an "Inspiration" from this or a 100% remake ( frame to frame) ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Have you seen "Nuit Blanche" (sleepless night )? , Is thoongavan an "Inspiration" from this or a 100% remake ( frame to frame) ?

Have not watched it.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    I think you are very special Param when comes to raising questions for anything under the sun. The fun is you constantly doing it tirelessly for years. May be this question the millionth of yours. Congrats! Anyway.. Please go and watch before collecting these kind of info on any movie. What does it go to make difference in forming opinion? Even if TV's screen play is good compared to original, you are not going to praise it. Right? You would come up with the one more question like "what is the girl's name who kissing Kamal?

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

7. Likes Russellbba liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol @venki

I was reading thoongavanam and vedhalam reviews, very good reviews about "thoongavanam ", but average reviews about vedhalam
    , I am not doing this because it is a kamal Film, if you think like that I cant change that ,BTW I watched Visawaroopam 3t imes and dasa 2 times in the cinema, so it is nothing to do with the kamal
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally a post from Param which is longer than his signature content. That's what we all want Param. Good!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

10. Likes NOV, PARAMASHIVAN liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Thoongavanam

Stylishly made. But apart from that nothing worked for me. The movie wanders between the dance floor, kitchen and toilet and it becomes boring after a while. I thought they would've worked on this and made a change to the Nuit Blanche script. But it is ditto. I didn't find the original impressive. Same goes for the remake as well..

Not surprising since I knew that you weren't impressed by Nuit Blanche in the first place.....
    I wish not to talk much about the Thoongaavanam since it just got out..But I would like to say this..I liked Nuit Blanche a lot...Not just for the pulpy no nonsense action blocks...But also for making me empathise with the main character...That's usually a rarity in fast paced thrillers since there is absolutely no space left for the viewer to get himself in mentally. And to do that in as short as 100 minutes was commendable. So its actually good that Kamal's retained the essence of the original in my opinion. Its a concoction that worked for me...So why not....
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AS,

If Nuit Blanche worked for you, then for sure TV will please you even more.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    AS,

If Nuit Blanche worked for you, then for sure TV will please you even more.

I watched it already AB....More on it when more people get to watch it...
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast