Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatness of AM Raja

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

KavipPiriyan (@ 192.*) on: Wed Sep 5 06:19:23 EDT 2001

I think vEda had a great vibe for melody which prompted him to flick some awesome tunes from hindi , refine the phrases much to appeal the listener and presented them well in Tamil. For example the tamil version of " dil pukAre Aare.." (nAnaththAle kaNNam miNNa miNNa..) appeals better with better BGM and rendering.

I wish he should have done music for "sivagAmiyin selvan " where he could have refined and presented the wonderful melodies like "kOrA kAgaj thA yeah man mEra.." , "guNgunA ra hai mOr .." by using SPB and PS with lyrics by kannadasan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

a.a. (@ 64.2*) on: Sun Sep 9 13:54:18 EDT 2001

Good news for AMR fans. One of his old songs from the movie `Naam' is posted in the following link, thanks to S.K.: http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ppp/rareppp.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Sriram Lakshman (@ 63.2*) on: Sun Sep 9 16:52:46 EDT 2001

Vishwes Obla, 'uLLaththin kathavugaL...' was composed by T.R.Papa, another composer who 'tastefully' lifted from Hindi on several occassions but could come up with aces on a few. I was listening to the songs of Devadas the other day and noticed great similarities between 'uthaya vAnin ithaya nilavE' and a Ghantasala-Rani duet in the movie, with the same 7 beat pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

SARAVANAN A.M. (@ ) on: Mon Mar 4 11:48:14 EST 2002

World is going somewere else, but you people wasting time like spending unnecessarily doing like this. Think for a while it is necessary? So many scientists are created many things and they have spend theri whole time for the use of ourself. So dont waste the time and try to do something for our country and to the people

WITH ALL GOOD WISHES AND WITH LOVE
    A.M. SAAVANAN

Post Thanks / Like

Udhaya (@ 63.8*) on: Mon Mar 4 12:28:42 EST 2002

A.M.Saravanan,
    Self-righteous preaching is one of the worst sins in humans; misspelling is one of the worst sins in a public forum. You're guilty as a human and a forum contributor. Please go preach where there are people waiting to be converted and leave us the hell alone.

Post Thanks / Like

satsona (@ 203.*) on: Tue Mar 5 01:22:07 EST 2002

KavipPiriyan (@ 192.128.167.68)

"I think vEda had a great vibe for melody which prompted him to flick some awesome tunes from hindi , refine the phrases much to appeal the listener and presented them well in Tamil. For example the tamil version of " dil pukAre Aare.." (nAnaththAle kaNNam miNNa miNNa..) appeals better with better BGM and rendering.

I wish he should have done music for "sivagAmiyin selvan " where he could have refined and presented the wonderful melodies like "kOrA kAgaj thA yeah man mEra.." , "guNgunA ra hai mOr .." by using SPB and PS with lyrics by kannadasan."

I AM COMPLETELY AMUSED BY YOUR STMTS ABOUT THE "GREAT" VEDA. HE MIGHT HAVE HAD A GOOD SENSE OF MUSIC, BUT HE CAN NEVER BE GLORIFIED FOR COPYING DIRECTLY AND COMPLETELY AND PRESENTING SOME OF THE SUPERB SONGS OF HINDI FILMS.

WHAT U DONT SEE HERE IS THAT THE CREDIT DUE TO THE ORIGINAL MDs OF THESE SONGS HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY.
    THIS CAN BE STATED AS AN OFFENCE IN THE FIELD OF MUSIC.
    PLS OBSERVE THAT GETTING AN INSPIRATION FROM A SONG IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM DIRECTLY & FULLY COPYING IT, AND MY DEAR FRIEND, VEDA IS OF THE LATTER CATEGORY.

IF THAT IS THE CASE OF PRESENTING A SONG BETTER, HE SHOULD HAVE PUT THE ORIGINAL MD's NAME IN THE FILM TITLES AND PUT HIMSELF AS AN ARRANGER. IN NO WAY CAN HE BE THE MUSIC DIRECTOR.

I HOPE U APPRECIATE THIS AND START GIVING CREDIT TO THE ORIGINAL MD, INSTEAD OF THIS DIRTY COPYCAT.

satsona

Post Thanks / Like

Raghu (@ 212.*) on: Tue Mar 5 08:52:28 EST 2002

A.M.Rajah is one great singer, man!

Post Thanks / Like

O_IS_G (@ 193.*) on: Tue Mar 5 09:39:43 EST 2002

Naaz/Observer/Udhaya

I heard MSV saying that he composed the Jenovah songs with AM Raja.Any light on that.

Further after "Thendral Urangiya pothu" i have not come across AMR song in MSV-TKR composition.Infact there were AMR songs in MSV in 60-70s.Any idea?

Post Thanks / Like

O_IS_G (@ 193.*) on: Tue Mar 5 09:40:30 EST 2002

Read"There were NO AMR songs .. .Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. O (@ 64.1*) on: Tue Mar 5 17:20:26 EST 2002

O_IS_G, true there were no AMR songs for MSV in 60s and 70s. 'kaN moodum vELayilum kalai enna kalayE' from Mahadevi could be one of the last AMR songs for MSV.
    All 4 songs from Jenovah featured AMR
    seitha pAvaththinAlE - AMR
    Asai alai mOthuthE - AMR & P. Leela
    kaNNukkuL minnal - AMR & P. Leela
    nAm jeevasugam - AMR & A.P. Komala

MSV once stated that his greatest dream was to invite his guru C.R. Subburaman for his first ever recording. The 'Asai..' songs had been composed, rehearsed and all the musicians were ready for the final take. Unfortunately, it was only the news that CRS had expired that reached MSV.

Gantasala was another singer that MSV probably never used when he started off on his own. However, the songs 'ulagE mAyam vAzhvE mAyam' (devadas) and 'vAn meethilE' (chandi rani) (these were the songs MSV composed when he was assisting CRS, who was bed-ridden) had Gantasala who might have been CRS's original choice.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast