Page 35 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajaybhaskar,

1. I have read all your first few posts when you joined the hub. You painted an image of not speaking against Ajit or passing comments on him. Unlike people me who counter those who even use filthy words and also reply to posts from you. That’s why it becomes surprising if someone starts sudden rambling against Ajit while remaining silent for everything else. I have no issues about how you criticize your star. I only reply when Ajith is involved.

2. Are you telling me now that your original intention of asking his profile is not a background check? Come on…

3. LIVE IN ANOTHER WORLD???? No vijay fan boasted about # of days…… Since when??? I leave it to the rest of the hub to decide on this statement on whether “NO VIJAY FAN EVER did that.. That way NO Joseph fan even ridiculed surya for choosing big directors.. since lot of people started ridiculing # of days, the tune had changed to actual BO records post the ARM venture. again, you know how much we ridiculed SIFY/behindwoods etc in the past and Sridhar pillai… People who have followed our posts will understand the same.. I have no issues with your recent bO records. If I have issues, I would have refused all of them.

This discussion is ABOUT asking for profiles and your accusation on the new hubber. You still have lot of opportunity to provide evidence. I am also waiting..

4. Let us count the # of 100 day posters that were made to RUN for Ajit and Joseph films.. you will get the answer. Now, don’t say that all Joseph films were genuine runs in Devi..

5. Are you referring to my signature?? Vera ethuvum kedaikaliya? I posted it even before your PULI announcement which is a famous line from Aaan paavam. Are you going to say that I PREDICTED PULI announcement even before and ridiculed him? If comments are made on Ajith’s look, I just use body paint to retaliate. Are you going to say comments on Ajith’s look/age is not racist?
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I also had a doubt whether my understanding is correct or not ..But I confirmed by one of your reaction out of this hub ..i was shocked ,but cleared my doubt.
    Thanks Joe for the understanding. I use it mainly as a retaliation and don't think referring to a native name will be racist still. If I use his caste name also then it is racist. But I know few people who oppose main name usage here are still fine with usage of caste as last name.

And what is it with Ajit called as not a tamil / Malayalee.. etc... Are they nice words? My issue is simple. People just remain silent for all the things but jump on me for using this.

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe - Also.. my signature which I used long back is now termed as racist. It is a dialogue from a movie. Unfortunately, the second line reply from VKR is to ridicule the first question itself. May be.. I should use famous dialogues against transgender and those made against people who have delayed child birth as my statements. That will not be racist.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I did see few of the gang's replies edited. May be, holy cows didn't want to highlight that but want to point to my edit. I wanted to refer to "all nice guys" and not just picking on one.
    Nice guys have edited the posts, but to whom the post was addressed to, was right on the top, straight on the face and crystal clear. Nothing left to guess.

I am also replying to the Mr Nice guy and initial entry holy cow "cedyblue" and his pioneer "Ajaybhaskar". Just like how I have done before, I will continue to address them as Holycows as I have done before.
    Good. So now I presume, this post is for me and the next post is for Ajay, right? The reason I ask you is you have included both the names here.

This new post of mine is also directed only to the hubber ‘selvakumar’, who I will be referring as ‘holy-holy-cow’ to celebrate round 2 and also since nice guys have now become holy-cows.

Holy cow says that he joined the hub not as a Ajit hater or Vijay hater and only joined because he wasn't happy with certain actions of Joseph.
    Or is he going to now say that he always hated ajith whom he is now referring as pretender?
    I have highlighted two words because I find it amusing. Looks like some new terms have been added, intentionally, terms such as ‘AJITH HATER’, which cleverly precedes ‘Vijay fan’ when trying to describe me.

Also the inference that I had called Ajith, the person a PRETENDER. Good try, again.

The idea is to show that I attacked the character of Ajith by name calling him a pretender, which gives the luxury to use another term ‘Ajith hater’.

Quite clearly, what I meant in my previous post was about competition at box office. People who were perceived as close competitors, based on the box office numbers registered in every authentic source available in every area, google trends, surveys, everything, are in reality not that close a competitors. There is a huge gap in the close competition theory. So no close competitor, just a competitor-pretender.

But this holy-holy-cow cleverly says, I called Ajith, the person as a pretender. Quite emphatically NO. There is lot of pretention in this close-competition theory. I know the holy-holy-cow knows and understands all of this, but again for the benefit of others.

Clever twisting of words, to duck from the discussion and also divert the accusation.

I will also try to elaborate the casual, yet intentional ‘Ajith hater’ before ‘Vijay fan’ reference in the holy-holy-cow’s recent post.

The post yesterday early IST, was about how I was a Vijay hater initially. Today a brand new term ‘Ajith hater’ thrown in the mix, just like that, to divert the core of the problem which is RACISM.

Where in my previous post, did I say, I JOINED hub because I was not happy with certain actions of Vijay? Can you be specific?

Where did I say I joined hub, NOT as a Ajith hater? Did I point out Ajith in my previous post, except when I talked about Box Office?

When you don’t have anything substantial to respond to an old accusation, simple, bring in a new accusation.

Now that you have agreed that your ‘paint’ taunt was racism and you are a RACIST, do you care to elaborate what on earth gave you the bone to use words like ‘monkey’, ‘black’ to refer to Vijay, that too in a public forum for such a long time?

Don’t you know, use of words like Monkey is seen as the worst form of racism in every part of the world?

Instead of ducking/diverting and indulging in clever twisting of words, do you have the bone to explain your actions, holy-holy-cow?

On to the Joseph reference,

I know you will have enough lee-way to get away because it’s Vijay’s second name. But still, trying to justify and describe that by explaining about ‘Jo’ is smiley worthy. That shows you not only take the readers for granted, but also have a very low opinion on their IQ.

But to me, a person who is capable of showing a racist attitude by color discrimination is also perfectly capable of discrimination by religion.

Based on the the fact that you are a self-confessed color discriminator, I have my solid reasons to believe your ‘Joseph’ taunt was racist and intentional.

But as you said, I will leave that to the reader’s imagination.

Now, the same holy saint is throwing mud on a new hubber saying that he is faking without any iota of evidence.
    New hubber who doesn’t have the bone to call himself an Ajith-fan, instead takes alternate routes like neutral avatar and then dishes out the same old drivel. We have seen the same trend before, many times and hence the reaction.

It is not a problem to be an ajith hater or a joseph fan.
    Aahan!

But the problem is Ajith never comes into my world, unless guys like you make racist comments on Vijay or intentionally bring Vijay down.

See what I have understood over the years is,

When a guy like you discredit Vijay for his color, You think you earn some credits for Ajith. Alas, Ajith is fair.

When a guy like you discredit Vijay by taunting him with SAC banners, You think you earn some credits for Ajith. Alas, Ajith is self-made.

Self-made, how without a father?

Don’t try to earn credits by discrediting others.

Why not a discussion on skills and box office?

So Ajith is a great human being. Wonderful. How does that make Vijay bad?

I am also amused at the set-up superstar thing. Vijay is a frontrunner to the Rajni throne in every single aspect and another way to discredit him is to use taunts.

Calling Vijay as a set-up superstar is equivalent to how some losers used to call Sachin ‘Selfish’. You know you cannot expect bad performances from Sachin because he is not only talented, but he is also disciplined and ultra-focused. So you need a reason to hate him, call his selfish.

We have always had thousand reasons to love Vijay…His dancing, which made me his fan, his fitness, his acrobatic fights, he sings well, he has excellent timing sense for comedy, his performances off late thanks to his choices are also critically acclaimed.

We love Vijay NOT because we hate Ajith. So don’t try using the term Ajith-hater, doesn’t really make sense in our world.

In this case, they tend to call a spade a spade. Wearing a nice guy mask is just good acting
    Did I or for that matter, Ajay or any of us, did we ever claim to be Nice-guys? What gave you that impression? We have been involved in heated, some-times high octane arguments with many hubbers here. But those are like boardroom arguments, nothing personal, unless someone scratches the very core of human respect, like racism.

Vettaikaaran becomes a nice movie compared to Mankatha purely based on bO collections from UK alone
    I am bored talking about BO. I need a break. But just to clarify your assumption, Vettaikaran made almost one and a half times more than Venkat Prabhu’s game in Malaysia, which is the second biggest market for Tamil movies.

Nice guy will never comment about Sridhar Pillai’s past bias on the pretender but will be happy to jump if someone “posts” a fake link unknowingly. May be, he wants to protect sridhar’s pillai image among the public so that his own stats are not questioned
    Sreedhar pillai is not my maternal uncle, for me to protect him. I have never used any of his numbers, though I am sure he has a lot more authenticity than any here when it comes to TN BO. Can you point out where exactly I protected Sreedhar Pillai’s skin?

I know holycow likes big essays. Not everyone have time to write one. But this one is for him
    I know you are capable of writing big essays too. Glad that you have now find time to come up with one.
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 9th July 2015 at 09:43 AM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...34#post1226534

Selva - care to explain if you think this still wasn't racist? Don't tell us for God's sake that "joke up" was a typo instead of his real name. It is highlighted in double quotes, which clearly shows your intention to make fun of his name and use that for your sadistic humor.
    Last edited by Dammy R; 9th July 2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Haha Paramu. There is a difference. Dammy is really in an airport now waiting for his flight back to India. And yeah, he was on a real business trip to the far east..
    Ajay - thanks bro

Param, Bill - was indeed travelling back from Manila and was in transit at Singapore when I posted that. The timing of the post was such that it could've been perceived either way...lol.
    Last edited by Dammy R; 9th July 2015 at 10:04 AM.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We love Vijay NOT because we hate Ajith.
    That's the difference !!! I don't care about any actor until the actor's fan come and provoke me by bad mouthing Vijay as if they are very clear on their side. Rule applies to every one irrespective of how big the actor is. Still I try my level best to maindain decorum.

What is self made ? - Vaanthil irundhu gudhichu vandhaara illa boomiyil irundhu vedithu vandhaara ? Oru appana thaan pullaiya valathi vida thaan seivaan illaena avan appanae kedayaadhu. Engappa enna school la padika vacharu, vaanguna marku kasta pattum enginnering padika vacharu ...vela kedaikaadhappa therinjavanga kittalam paiyanuku oru vela paathu kudunganaaru ... vela kedachudhu ...adhu varaikum thaan enga appa .. adhukapuram field la sustain aagi pala recession lam paathu america varaikum poi vandhadhellam ennoda thermailaenu thaan solluvaen ... adhavadhu nammakku oru pointu sadhagama irukunu reel andhu pona piragum otikitu irukaradhu sema comedy.

Paathukonga ellorukum "Bike" avanga appa thaan vaangi kuduthurupaanga / oorla "Business" avanga appa thaan vachi kuduthurupaaru... bike ah engayavadhu kondu poi idichitu business ah gavanikaama iluthu moodita paavam andha appavum evalo thaan thaanguvaaru.
    Last edited by VinodKumar's; 9th July 2015 at 02:58 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what is it with Ajit called as not a tamil / Malayalee.. etc... Are they nice words? My issue is simple. People just remain silent for all the things but jump on me for using this.
    First of all I am not a Vijay fan , But i don't hate him either .
    I am against picking any person based on Nationality , Race , relegion , ethinic group , caste .
    I am not in a discussion of who did more wrong .

I felt your purpose of repeating the name 'Joseph' has clear mindset ..I am very sure about that ..I don't want to go into details .
    You have all rights to remain the same .I wanted to express my displeasure .that is all .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohan kumar. View Post
    Its disheartening to see racist posts in the hub.. Hope he show some maturity from here on.
    Sadly this has been existing and will continue to exist till human race exists !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    The timing of the post was such that it could've been perceived either way...lol.
    Lol, Perfect timing like our "Anan" goundamani !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

12. Likes Dammy R liked this post