Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    and surely Annan Surya's one film should be in the list right ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Don't you know for what we are upset ? Kaththi and Thuppaki shudn't be below Kanchana 2.
    Yeah Kanchana 2 is an odd ball ... neither have I seen it nor followed its BO. Not sure. Sun Pictures better marketing ? It didn't seem to take a big run in the US as much as I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    I seriously have no interest in Box office results, as I don't invest in them , but having read all these numerous websites since the release Shivaji the "LOSS", it was listed amongst the top 3, now it appears now where in the list, and how did the so called "Ultimate Flop" Linga by the "Ultimate FLOP star" appear in the top ten list ?
    Params,

which year is Shivaji ? 2007. The movies listed are past 2010 except Dasa. Don't you think later day movies have had more scope of making more money ? If I remember right, Shivaji probably made less than the #10 listed although it was big hit then. So was Chandramuki. In the US its still in the top 10 or even 5. (endiran, I, VR, linga, dasa, shivaji ..)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Yeah Kanchana 2 is an odd ball ... neither have I seen it nor followed its BO. Not sure. Sun Pictures better marketing ? It didn't seem to take a big run in the US as much as I know.
    I hope you would have followed Katthi and Veeram .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    and surely Annan Surya's one film should be in the list right ?
    Mass will come in the list when it completes it run. I have heard all three versions (Tamil, Telugu and English) are running well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    I hope you would have followed Katthi and Veeram .
    Yes. I was thinking Kaththi > Veeram but they got their references ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeppa saamy reelu andhu pochu !!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    This is an acceptable list by NOV since it provides ample references. If folks do not trust this, please feel free to dispute its claims by posting alternative proofs. Simply saying this is false and easily editable is not a valid argument ..

Vijay fans have no need to be upset. Two of his movies are in this list ..

The same link you had posted in February 2015.

Things have changed ever since, Thuppakki has been downgraded.

Again references.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

10. Likes elsaen11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post

The same link you had posted in February 2015.

Things have changed ever since, Thuppakki has been downgraded.

Again references.
    Cedy, dont remember what I posted. Thuppakki downgraded because of what ? Kanchana2 and I ? For someone to prove otherwise, we need an exhaustive list from several sources to prove our claim! Just one or two links may not suffice. When I had to prove VR's box office, I posted about 7-8 links with numbers varying from 220-245 crs .. Its not straight forward if two movies are close to each other.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As someone said earlier, anyone with an account can make a list to suit their needs in Wikipedia these days.

Having said that, here is another list which is directly from IMDb which is mostly used by all movie lovers to check for movie ratings etc. Again, I am not saying that this is also 100% genuine or to prove anything but just wanted to share another perspective. You will find many such examples all over the internet. Rentrak was being used to track overseas collections so that list am sure is genuine and has been shared in the previous box office thread. It is only the TN collections which no one knows the truth about. Few websites do track box office numbers but again, they can always be questioned depending on what side you are on.

Top Grossing Tamil Movies of all time

No. Movie Name
    1 Enthiran
    2 Ai
    3 Kaththi
    4 Thuppaki
    5 Vishwaroopam
    6 Lingaa
    7 Singam 2
    8 Sivaji
    9 Aarambam
    10 Kanchana 2

Source : IMDb
    Link : http://www.imdb.com/list/ls050231721/
    Last edited by Dammy R; 16th June 2015 at 09:00 PM.
    Haters are just confused admirers. Instead of talking about people they claim to admire, they will read, write, know and talk more about people they claim to hate.

Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast