Page 20 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    Pooja Kumar is nearly 40. Andrea is not paired with young heroes - she is 30.

I repeat, Kamal is the only hope for Tamil cinema whether you agree or not. There is no other SINGLE person you can point out other than him.
    yesterday i was watching few comedy scenes in the movie "Valliyavan"... she acted opposite jai in the movie...anyway the movie was almost pathetic....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    At present Kamalahassan is the only hope Tamil cinema has.
    Its the same empty rhetoric as always, thank you for sharing your wisdom with rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Params,

Its not about the age of the heroines. Rajni films still have a duet with the heroine who are at least half his age. The man is already a grandfather of three. Do you honestly want a duet in his film? I am sure you dont. That is why i am saying neither Rajni nor his directors (Shankar included) want to break these stereotypes and do something fresh. The formulaic Rajni films of the 90s are beaten to pulp these days, not only by the next gen heroes but even Dhanush and Simbhu. So it is better that he moves on in a different direction.
    let me help you little here, when you state your opinion you start saying "I think" "I believe" "I guess" and please note you don't represent anyone other than your own self. majority of the posts you talk as if there's a huge gang behind you supporting everything you say or try to represent general youth blah blah.. come on now. i think people could be mistaking your posts for figure of speech when you really mean to say what you say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv View Post
    give me 1 good reason why he would have chosen pooja kumar when she was introduced in tamil way back in kadhal rojave and fled the scene to USA and now doing something else there. definitely he might have met her for various reasons and would have offered a role.. when there are good talent here already.
    chumma kan thudaippu .
    agreed 100%.. lol on bolded text, care to share insider info or rumors around reasons?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR218,

Did i say anywhere that i am representing a group? I post my opinions and you post yours. Whats the problem here?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Directors come and go. Much hoped ones like Vasantha Balan and Balaji went into oblivion in a couple of years.

I can bet my one year salary that Kamalahassan will still be making excellent movies five years from now.

No one else can give that guarantee.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    anyone who worked on the movie making side of things or familiar with roles and responsibilities of film crew would know producers are the bread and butter of the films and their releases. they should be the master mind behind deciding who should be acting and who should be directing etc. TFI does this ulta, reverse engineered pretty much like many of us creating design from code. Here actor decides who's director and director and actor decides who's producer and there's no executive director. someone mentioned cv kumar if anyone says he's hope it's agreeable. if you mention one actor who stars in less than 1% of movies TFI releases yearly and call him the only hope of the whole movie industry this certainly doesn't look reasonable. in general while everyone come and go actors dont. rajni and kamal or rajkiran they have long legs compared to any other technician including heroins. if making "excellent" movies five years from now make someone "only hope" then there are so many people in TFI fit the bill as of today. I have nothing against kamal but in my opinion he's one of the most overrated actors in south. except quite a handful of movies most are based on foreign movies or copied. explain to me why is he not the producer for any of the "experimention" movies and if not 100%, 90% of his home productions are commercial pot boilers?

8. Likes balaajee, rajeshkrv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    PR218,

Did i say anywhere that i am representing a group? I post my opinions and you post yours. Whats the problem here?
    >>Rajni on the other hand is quite reluctant to come out of his tried and tested formula of mass entertainers. But since the cinema going crowd these days is mostly in the age group of 20-40, his attempts dont draw the same attention as they used to.

didn't sound like your opinion but more on the side of asserting and representing age group of 20-40 being no longer interested with Rajin's films..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I belong to the group and many of my friends, family members are. My post was solely on my interactions with them. If you feel otherwise, feel free to post it. But don't educate others to add IMOs and I guess'es to their post. Thanks
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not overrated.. your statements are certainly baised.. who is CV kumar... you are comparing a "No existing fellow" to kamal.. that shows .. who are you..

Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    anyone who worked on the movie making side of things or familiar with roles and responsibilities of film crew would know producers are the bread and butter of the films and their releases. they should be the master mind behind deciding who should be acting and who should be directing etc. TFI does this ulta, reverse engineered pretty much like many of us creating design from code. Here actor decides who's director and director and actor decides who's producer and there's no executive director. someone mentioned cv kumar if anyone says he's hope it's agreeable. if you mention one actor who stars in less than 1% of movies TFI releases yearly and call him the only hope of the whole movie industry this certainly doesn't look reasonable. in general while everyone come and go actors dont. rajni and kamal or rajkiran they have long legs compared to any other technician including heroins. if making "excellent" movies five years from now make someone "only hope" then there are so many people in TFI fit the bill as of today. I have nothing against kamal but in my opinion he's one of the most overrated actors in south. except quite a handful of movies most are based on foreign movies or copied. explain to me why is he not the producer for any of the "experimention" movies and if not 100%, 90% of his home productions are commercial pot boilers?
    I M MAJOR R MANNAR, WORKING FOR MADAN WITH AMBU(JAKSHI)

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    I have nothing against kamal but in my opinion he's one of the most overrated actors in south. except quite a handful of movies most are based on foreign movies or copied. explain to me why is he not the producer for any of the "experimention" movies and if not 100%, 90% of his home productions are commercial pot boilers?
    Are you sure ? Over-rated by whom ? His non commercial movies dont do well .. Where is the question of being overrated ? In fact some of us feel he's under-rated by the media. Now dont bs me about using 'us'.

In the few that you posted, you've already been banned once and you continue provoking others rather than talk about the subject in question ..