Page 13 of 177 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Nanban 100 crores reach pannalainnu yaar yaarellam kavalaipaduradhunnu oru vevasthai illama pochu.. Anga 50 croreskke mukkudhaam..
    Why...You talk about the Almighty BO power and 100 C, then why did not Nanban cross 100 C!!!, Vevasthai - Look who is talking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    thenali title card had 'Ulaga Nayagan' for KH, i presume KSR had a crystal ball to predict it's box office success in overseas?
    Any films with "Eezha Sentiments" will do well "overseas" , as the "Majority (85%) of Tamil population" , especially in USA/Canada and Europe are of "Eezha " diaspora , few more films which did well due to "Eezha sentiments " are the likes of KannathilE mutham ittal, 7am Arivu, and now MASSS, I am not sure how Captain Prabakaran did over seas (too young to understand these box office issues ), but I remember seeing loads of people standing outside the cinema to get the tickets (obviously these online booking did not exists that time ) even though the film had nothing to do with eezha struggle, the name it self made it a BB!
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 19th June 2015 at 02:14 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Devoted Hubber cm123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal movie tickets lower than all other big or lower or equal stars in all over TN except chennai where theatre owners yet to know how to cheat both people and government.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I think majority of us will agree that Wiki is not a reliable source. But If Bill4u shows you that stock market link from Eros to prove the success of maatraan and the ARM movie, we can't deny it. Right? This is what bill4u is trying to say. He says don't say wiki is completely false. But our stand is that it is not a reliable source for most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah about right ..

- Its true wiki is not reliable
    - Its true wiki can be edited to suit ones needs

But the onus is on the disbeliever to provide adequate proofs from reliable sources (eg. producers, distributors) to discredit its claims. Thats where I'm coming from.

AB provided an EROS report and Cedy showed inconsistencies in it for Thuppakki ...
    Last edited by bill4u; 18th June 2015 at 10:53 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Why...You talk about the Almighty BO power and 100 C, then why did not Nanban cross 100 C!!!
    Reasons..

1. Nobody expected a comedy film like Nanban from Shankar. Someone like M Raja as director was more than enuf.

2. It was a remake which had a Shankar tag to it. And the original already had a glorious run across the globe.

3. Its not a commercial potboiler like Sivaji or Endhiran or Thuppakki and had nothing for the B,C centers

In spite of all these, the film managed to break even and also fetched the best price for satellite rights then.

Agreed that Vijay is still not in that capacity to make each of his film earn 100 crores. But at least he is there in the race and his recent successes has ensured that his films get sold even before the first schedule is over. So as a Vijay fan I wouldnt bother much about his potential in the BO. All i say is I would not worry about the paint getting peeled off in my neighbor's house when my house is in fire.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

7. Likes balaajee liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I dont know who Selva is referring to as holy cow or neutral. If it was me (assuming it is me because there are not many here who fit in that 7 year old hubber criteria). I dont know what gave him an impression that I am a neutral. Right from Day 1 in hub, i am a Vijay fan and every T,D and H know it. If people fail to see it, then it is their problem. Not mine. And Selva, you could've asked me directly in our whatsapp group or even PMed me to know which side i am on instead of name calling. Couldve saved this thread from a few posts.
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 18th June 2015 at 11:36 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    thenali title card had 'Ulaga Nayagan' for KH, i presume KSR had a crystal ball to predict it's box office success in overseas?
    business means selling the movie, which happens b4 the release of movie!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Any films with "Eezha Sentiments" will do well "overseas" , as the "Majority (85%) of Tamil population" , especially in USA/Canada and Europe are of "Eezha " diaspora , few more films which did well due to "Eezha sentiments " are the likes of KannathilE mutham ittal, 7am Arivu, and now MASSS, I am not sure how Captain Prabakaran did over sears (too young to understand these box office issues ), but I remember seeing loads of people standing outside the cinema to get the tickets (obviously these online booking did not exists that time ) even though the film had nothing to do with eezha struggle, the name it self made it a BB!
    what eezha sentiments did Aboorva Sagotharargal or Indian had? Kamal had a real good overseas market which made those and Tenali a very big success overseas. nothing like eezha sentiment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cm123 View Post
    Kamal movie tickets lower than all other big or lower or equal stars in all over TN except chennai where theatre owners yet to know how to cheat both people and government.
    Even in overseas kamal films have slight less rate tickets than, say rajini. But he has done records despite that. These kinda statements, like less ticket rates, movie sold for less price etc makes no sense. rajni inspite of having bigger rate and sale has still given 2 biggest flops. industry's biggest. Shankar has proven without rajini, in AI(though i never will like that film) but rajini cleverly rode on shankar & co for 2 times. also the image ppl have that he will never experiment and will always do commercial films only, will help. he kind of retains family and kids/lady audience with help of all the needed forces. kamal kinda lost it many times but he still is able to give commercial success when he attempts for that

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Reasons..

1. Nobody expected a comedy film like Nanban from Shankar. Someone like M Raja as director was more than enuf.

2. It was a remake which had a Shankar tag to it. And the original already had a glorious run across the globe.

3. Its not a commercial potboiler like Sivaji or Endhiran or Thuppakki and had nothing for the B,C centers

In spite of all these, the film managed to break even and also fetched the best price for satellite rights then.

Agreed that Vijay is still not in that capacity to make each of his film earn 100 crores. But at least he is there in the race and his recent successes has ensured that his films get sold even before the first schedule is over. So as a Vijay fan I wouldnt bother much about his potential in the BO. All i say is I would not worry about the paint getting peeled off in my neighbor's house when my house is in fire.
    Nice Try...As long as you don't complain that the paint peeled off due to the neighbors house's fire. Movie sold before the first schedule, Success meet 2nd day, Paint peeling 3rd day. Waiting for an announcement for ATlee's movie being sold before the first day of shoot.