Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Haha Paramu. There is a difference. Dammy is really in an airport now waiting for his flight back to India. And yeah, he was on a real business trip to the far east..
    I c
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Oh well .. I thought it was all sarcasm ... guess not!
    I thought it was sarcasm aimed at PR12...
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    //I recently happened to hear an Olden Goldie (During my parents time) called, " Jai Shiv Shankar" by Kishore kumar, I googled for the song and came across this "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384220/" , did Vijay's Dad used to direct Hindi films ??? //

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh84 View Post
    I am also near airport
    I live near the "Busiest Airport" in the world

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    Since when or since who accused the use of the name 'joseph' as racism?
    Precisely ..With due respect to my brother Selva , I really don't understand why he insisit the name 'Joseph' whenever he wants to ridicule him.
    He really sound like having a 'Joseph' and not using is like doing something illegal or hiding some criminal act or someone who is outsider by having this name.. what the hell?

தமிழ்நாட்டுல பொதுவாவே ஒரு ட்ரெண்ட் இருக்கு .. சினிமா உலகத்தில் கிறித்துவ பெயர் இருந்தால் ஒருவேளை வெகுஜன மக்களிடமிருந்து அன்னியப்பட்டு விடுமோ என அது பளிச்சென்று தெரியாத பெயர்களை வைத்துக்கொள்வது .. தமிழ்சினிமாவில் அசோகன் , சந்திரபாபு , மகேந்திரன் , பாலுமகேந்திரா , எஸ்.ஜே.சூர்யா , பிரபு சாலமன் , ஆரூர் தாஸ் , விஜய் , விக்ரம் இப்படி சொல்லிகிட்டே போகலாம் ..

செல்வா போன்ற மெத்த படித்தவர்களிடமே அடிமனதில் இது போன்ற பார்வை இருக்கும் போது வெகுஜன மக்களிடம் இப்படி எண்ணம் இருக்கலாம் என்பதால் இவர்கள் மறைப்பதை புரிந்துகொள்ள முடிகிறது .

ஆனால் 'ஜோசப்' என பெயர் இருந்து விட்டால் என்ன உலக மகா பாவமா ஐயா? ஜோசப் தமிழனாக இருக்க முடியாதா? நான் கூட ஜோசப் தான்
    Last edited by joe; 8th July 2015 at 09:04 PM.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

7. Likes balaajee, Mohan kumar. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selva,

Yes, sorry to tell you .. Your continuous calling 'Joseph' is really racist and I really understand what you insist there . No child play .

Junior Member Regular Hubber Mohan kumar.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its disheartening to see racist posts in the hub.. Hope he show some maturity from here on.
    " The secret of life is to fall seven times & get up eight times"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe,

I can understand what you are trying to say. I do agree that there is a trend in tamil cinema to hide the real name. But that's not an issue. Kaadhar bhai is Rajkiran. You have also given a comprehensive list. To me, I started using that name as a retaliation word for attacks against Ajit where tharalevel words were used in the past. I remember what you and Bala replied when I started using that for the first time in hub and the associated circumstances. I cannot stoop to low level names and bad adjectives. That's why I started using this name. I am not sure why using his part of the name should be racist still. It is better than Visay or Aseeth name calling. Right? I would have no complaints if someone calls Ajit as Kumar. But if you are implying that I want to indicate that he is a Christian and not a Hindu, you are wrong. For that matter, would you be fine if I start calling him with the short form "Jo" which can be interpreted as "Jothika"? In this case, I leave it to people's interpretation and I don't worry about it. I am not doing anything wrong . But I do agree that my comment on body paint is racist. Again, that is more of a retaliation on attacked on Ajith's look. Hope you understand.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did see few of the gang's replies edited. May be, holy cows didn't want to highlight that but want to point to my edit. I wanted to refer to "all nice guys" and not just picking on one.

I am also replying to the Mr Nice guy and initial entry holy cow "cedyblue" and his pioneer "Ajaybhaskar". Just like how I have done before, I will continue to address them as Holycows as I have done before.

Holy cow says that he joined the hub not as a Ajit hater or Vijay hater and only joined because he wasn't happy with certain actions of Joseph. Or is he going to now say that he always hated ajith whom he is now referring as pretender? Not even once he told that he hates Ajit whom he is now referring as pretender / press documented actor as much as he hates him now. He painted a picture of “holy saint” trying to praise good movies from his star. He remained silent for all the purported gang’s degraded remark on Ajit. Never once he opened his mouth on this. leave alone the remarks on pretender, but also the remarks on fellow hubbers. Now, the same holy saint is throwing mud on a new hubber saying that he is faking without any iota of evidence. Slowly the discussion is getting digressed into asking proof from others on BO records. May be, he should have said the same when someone posted a sweeping statement on rajini’s fan following. That is the crux of the discussion. Unfortunately, holy cow would never ask the same for his own purported gang who were banned when they re-enter.

It is not a problem to be an ajith hater or a joseph fan. In this case, they tend to call a spade a spade. Wearing a nice guy mask is just good acting. It allows you to box your comments as “thou holy cow”. That is what is done when the tide is not in your favor. When the tide appears to you that it is on your favor, even Vettaikaaran becomes a nice movie compared to Mankatha purely based on bO collections from UK alone. Nice guy will never comment about Sridhar Pillai’s past bias on the pretender but will be happy to jump if someone “posts” a fake link unknowingly. May be, he wants to protect sridhar’s pillai image among the public so that his own stats are not questioned. Nice guy could have at least spent sometime ridiculing Sridhar PIllai for his “nice reviews” on Sura or other classics of Vijay. He didn’t. But that is not something you can complain.

What surprised me over the months is how he is conveniently forgetting the bias and not so level playing field provided to Ajit over the years starting from the days of SUNTV or any other media. It should also be noted how the pretender’s subsequent movies made more collections than Joseph’s previous records. If pretender is indeed lost, he wouldn’t even be in the game. Surprising that how Joseph’s movie ended up with less collections on a supposedly low quality flick like veeram despite having another big star. May be, that will explain how his “remakes or copies” fail despite having success factors.

Television ?? Ala SUN TV?? that telecasted Sarath kumar movies every time? oh ya… I agree. Thala isn’t there and won’t be there. I am happy that he won’t be there. The same SUNT V telecasted the game in prime time. They are so good that they would telecast his other movies where they don’t have any involvement.

There were surveys in the past from India Today and other media too which indicated why Ajit is still a force. If we go by producers logic, Ajit will be no where now if (as per your gang words) he had delivered so many flops. DESPITE THE FLOPS, HE NEVER GOT A SINGLE RED CARD. Doesn’t that RING A BELL?

Holy cow - I like Simbhu. Yes. But I hate Simbhu/Dhanush/Venkat Prabhu/Surya/Premji/etc.. They are not self made. They were setups too with established fathers in the industry. Even if they deliver 10 to 20 flops, their DADS will ensure that they succeed because they know the key. Not all DADs are smart. Point is that Rohan or someone else could have been REJECTED even before PLAYING A SINGLE MATCH except FOR THEIR DADs and their CONTINUOUS MOVIES. No one has that artificially generated luxury.

Judged by producers? Same producers who judged him with his first few movies.. COMEONE..

I know holycow likes big essays. Not everyone have time to write one. But this one is for him.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    I am not sure why using his part of the name should be racist still.
    I also had a doubt whether my understanding is correct or not ..But I confirmed by one of your reaction out of this hub ..i was shocked ,but cleared my doubt.