Page 12 of 177 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamil Cinema Box Office

I think majority of us will agree that Wiki is not a reliable source. But If Bill4u shows you that stock market link from Eros to prove the success of maatraan and the ARM movie, we can't deny it. Right? This is what bill4u is trying to say. He says don't say wiki is completely false. But our stand is that it is not a reliable source for most of the time.

Poor bill4u. He doesn't know the hub rules for being a neutral in the current generation. He should learn from holy cows who pretended as one 7 years ago and until recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by selvakumar; 18th June 2015 at 06:32 PM.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And NOV's purpose of starting this thread is achieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

4. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naayagan was a BB at many places evenoutside TN and Manithan didnt have 100 days even in chennai. Their fans cheat by telling there was 9.45 AM show in AVM Rajeswari and it completed 100 days there. In reality there was no such show at all. Rajini had a habit of faking his 60/70 days movies as 100 days and so on. Even for baadshah in kovai tey made it force run for 365 days, but Indian which came next year, broke baashaa collection in kovai just in 192 days itself. But 100 ஆண்டுகளுக்குப்பின் வருபவர்களுக்கு 192 days விட 1 வருதம் தான் பெருசா தெரியும் )

In 80s Kamal had kind of bit less or inconsistent hits where rajni had more hits. Kamal had Absolute rockers like Aboorva SagotharargaL,Naayagan etc, though. but later, his experimental movies made a dent at his BO.

But even then, i wud say, in later years, when Rajini gave Baashaa, Kamal gave not one but 2 BB Indian and AvvaiShanmugi in just one single year! Then, when Rajni gave Padayappa kamal gave Tenaali(though not eq to padayap, its was a BB, KSR named kamal as UlagaNaayagan after its rocking business in overseas. He published districtwise collections in paper!)

Then, both kamal and rajini gave their share of flop, Aalavandhan and Baba

Fewyears later, both returned to BO Superhits with Chandramuki for rajini and VV for Kamal. Again, VV slight less but still very close to CM. Again, CM was draaaaagged till 800 days in producer's theater itself

Then both gave Industrys biggest BB Sivaji for rajini and Dasavatharam for kamal. Both were record breaking. THen Rajini gave Robo and kamal gave VR(though VR broke only Hindi collections of Robo and other lang remains still untouched) but still VR was a bigger thing at BO.

Now UV had a run and made money like what a movie like that will generally make. In a way, i find all is well and fare.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Industry and media doesnt have the integrity to highlight Kamal's BO success and always portrays him for his performance and talent only. Same thing what MGR did on Sivaji, rajini and co, and media is doing on kamal. as simple as that.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    From Actor/Producer KH:

“This is not the first time I am facing bankruptcy and it will not be the end of my cinematic journey. I went bankrupt when I produced Raja Paarvai (1981) and had to work seven to eight years to come out of the losses. I once again faced bankruptcy in 1986 because of my own doing. However, I have learnt to pick myself up and I will pick myself up again.”

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/will-have-to-seek-a-secular-state-for-my-stay/article4360501.ece.
    வித்தகன்,

அவர் சொல்லுறதை எல்லாம் serious-ஆ எடுத்துக்க வேணாம். ராஜ பார்வை ரிலீஸ் ஆகி 4 வருஷதுக்கு அப்புறம் 1 கோடி(?) செலவு பண்ணி விக்ரம் படம் எடுத்தாரே? அந்த பணம் எங்கே இருந்து வந்தது.
    (சகலகலா வல்லவன் படத்திற்கு பிறகுதான் அவர் சம்பளம் 5 லட்சமாக உயர்ந்தது)
    அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள் படத்தின் மூலம் எனக்கு பெருசா லாபம் கிடைக்கலேனு சொன்னவர் அவர்.

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    வித்தகன்,

அவர் சொல்லுறதை எல்லாம் serious-ஆ எடுத்துக்க வேணாம். ராஜ பார்வை ரிலீஸ் ஆகி 4 வருஷதுக்கு அப்புறம் 1 கோடி(?) செலவு பண்ணி விக்ரம் படம் எடுத்தாரே? அந்த பணம் எங்கே இருந்து வந்தது.
    (சகலகலா வல்லவன் படத்திற்கு பிறகுதான் அவர் சம்பளம் 5 லட்சமாக உயர்ந்தது)
    அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள் படத்தின் மூலம் எனக்கு பெருசா லாபம் கிடைக்கலேனு சொன்னவர் அவர்.
    சரி இனி serious-ஆ எடுத்துக்கலை.. அவர் சொல்றதை மட்டுமில்லை நீங்க சொல்றதையும்
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Post Thanks / Like
    And Naayagan his salary was 17 lakhs! not less than anybody, in 89 itself!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    சரி இனி serious-ஆ எடுத்துக்கலை.. அவர் சொல்றதை மட்டுமில்லை நீங்க சொல்றதையும்
    உங்களை மாதிரி நிறைய பேர் எனக்கு பதில் சொல்ல தெரியாமல் escape ஆகி இருக்காங்க.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ada .. Namma "Annan" Kamal ah purinchukitta alavukke, Kamal thanaiyE purinchukalla, what a great man , namma "Annan" !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    kamal gave Tenaali(though not eq to padayap, its was a BB, KSR named kamal as UlagaNaayagan after its rocking business in overseas. He published districtwise collections in paper!)
    thenali title card had 'Ulaga Nayagan' for KH, i presume KSR had a crystal ball to predict it's box office success in overseas?