Page 23 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    It is my opinion and I stand by it. Its up to the readers to decide on whether to take it seriously or as a joke. But i am not going to rephrase it just to satisfy someone's ego. Lets agree to disagree and move on. It is already getting boring. Thanks for understanding..
    no buddy, i have no ego. i understood what you were trying to say but only made a suggestion.. no hard feelings, sorry don't mean to make any personal remark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    papa chumma Nachunu irruku....
    yOv athu namma aalu !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    yOv athu namma aalu !
    Namma represents many...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    Namma represents many...
    Lol, I know, I meant mine just for joke
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay,

from what I know Rajni's films have "always " been the top grosser in N.America, followed by Kamal. Having said that I think Kathhi and thuppaki did better than Linga in UK, AFAIK Vijay has a bit more fans than Rajni in UK ( Based on my observation) and Vijay fans are mainly under 30's and are of Lankan background.. But for Rajni and Kamal it is mainly the IT crowd..

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Ajay,

from what I know Rajni's films have "always " been the top grosser in N.America, followed by Kamal. Having said that I think Kathhi and thuppaki did better than Linga in UK, AFAIK Vijay has a bit more fans than Rajni in UK ( Based on my observation) and Vijay fans are mainly under 30's and are of Lankan background.. But for Rajni and Kamal it is mainly the IT crowd..
    sounds reasonable.. there's a trend in hollywood that bunch of movie plants always troll the blockbuster materials be it hero or a director or a movie.. it has become quite a fashion to badmouth most successful people and the trend is catching up now back home. we try to imitate be it in fashion industry or culture we're slow to absorb but once we do that we do it in full steam. what you're witnessing these twitter fights etc are the samples and scenes only will get worser going forward. a week or two ago salman khan openly warned fans that he'll leave twitter if his fans bad mouth SRK or amir khan fans honesly do any of the tamil stars have the big stomach to say such things? ajith is the only responsible gounded actor. rest are all made up stars in the current generation and need fans fight and die to be on the spot light and for many of the fans it's the hobby now a days to go to twitter and wage wars against other stars and fans. i was arguing with ajay on a different matter but his statement is true partially, stars only warrant good opening now a days and the sustainablity depends on the content. but in my opinion at least in US both rajni and kamal have default number of attendance regardless of the content and to some degree it's applicable to many parts in india. younger generation actors make money by their fans doing repeated viewings which the family audience typically dont do. also most actors are being very hushy pushy that when their films don't do well they work on settlemens behind the scenes and put an ad for blockbuster outside. it's not true many times but made it look like true to true to their fans..

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR218... unga mela oru doubt irunthichu.. but Last post-la neengle prrof pannitinga...!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    ajith is the only responsible gounded actor. rest are all made up stars in the current generation and need fans fight and die to be on the spot light
    I don't see any 'In my Opinion' or 'I think' or 'I guess' or 'I believe' for this statement.

Having given a lecture, couple of days ago, it is very surprising you have made a loose statement which neither seems to represent your personal view or a well-known obvious fact. It looks like you are keen on forcing your opinion on others.

ajith is the only responsible gounded actor
    How?

Why?

What do you mean by ‘grounded’?

Is this your opinion or do you represent any group?

How big is your group?

Do you have facts or sources to prove your statement?

If it's merely your opinion, why have you missed 'IMO'?

If you think what you state is a fact, how about proving it?

rest are all made up stars in the current generation
    What do you mean by made-up stars?

Can you explain how they are 'made-up'?

Is this your observation or an observation of a group?

How big is your observation group?

and need fans fight
    How do you know this?

How do you prove that other actors except your groundnut one seek ugly fan fight?

Any statement, quote, interviews, dialogues in movies, to be shown as a fact?

To me, when an actor says 'Enaku nanmabana eruka thaguthi vendam, ana ethiriya eruka thaguthi venum' in a movie and many more such unwarranted stuff in other movies (despite his press documented aversion to punch dialogues), I guess that's a direct provocation or message to fans to not respect competition.

See the ground rules for judging groundedness is different for you and different for me. Going by your protocol and the 5 scenario theory, this statement should have come with an IMO.

But why have you missed it?

Having given a lecture, you should do better than this, presuming you are just stating your opinion. If not, try showing some bone to conclusively prove it. I mean, proving without doubt.

and die to be on the spot light
    What gave you an impression that all non-groundnut actors 'die' to be in the spotlight?

How do you authoritatively say that?

What is your criteria to judge dying and non-dying?

Despite not prescribing for an enforced IMO in every statement, I am still asking you here, because you played lord labbakudas last week. I would want to confirm if you still wear the lord cap or you have taken up a lesser avatar, this week.

You may be wondering why I have not included any ‘IMO’ to my statements despite you lecturing on 5 different scenarios on usage of it.

I see it this way.

The moment I read a post, I see the username and the profile picture on the left and I understand that the statement is owned by that respective poster. That is pretty plain obvious. If I need more clarification, I would urge the poster to elaborate or back his words, up with facts or sources or else I would not waste my time on it.
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 6th July 2015 at 02:04 PM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

10. Thanks Kumaran.P, VinodKumar's thanked for this post
    Likes Kumaran.P, VinodKumar's liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like some one has made a discovery and published his thesis .
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cedy.. Pinnitel..
    Sachin...