Page 60 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Who are you to ask this to me?

You are either out of mind to ask this, or not have read any of my previous posts or both.
    Paranitharan. Now answer me.

I read your posts and they were rubbish. Made no sense at all. Explain why should anyone do what you said.
    Real Ulaga Naayagan and Oscar Naayagan ARR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    Paranitharan. Now answer me.

I read your posts and they were rubbish. Made no sense at all. Explain why should anyone do what you said.
    You say my posts are rubbish. then its u who shud explain why. if it doesnt makes sense to you then u shud be senseless. i mean, you dont understand the whole point(about how to appproach BO facts/news) at all, or you are real dumb.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't much care about how many days either Kamal's or Rajini's films ran in the past..

It gets silly beyond a certain limit to pinpoint the actual no of days every film ran - especially given that record keeping in Indian cinema was practically nil (perhaps it still is)..

The BO prowess of either Rajini or Kamal needs no specific accurate pieces of evidence.

The problem comes when someone claims that their favorite star has rarely or never seen failure - it is impossible to be even 80% successful - in showbiz..

MGR, NT, all have faced failures and am sure rarely tried to hide the same - but ensured they did what they could to find success for their next ventures...

Agreed both Rajini and Kamal have enormous fan following - however, I am yet to see as many rational matter-of-fact Rajini fans as there are Kamal fans..

I have watched Thanga magan, Padikkathavan, Thudikkum karangal, Thambikku entha ooru etc either the first week or first day of release - rarely have I pushed myself to watch Kamal's films with the same enthusiasm those days..

It all began to change during the early mid-80s - Nayagan simply nailed it - what followed that catapulted Kamal to the top in the minds/hearts of many fans like me from that period..

Beginning from that period, had Rajini provided stiff or even fair competition in terms of embracing both commercial as well as aesthetic cinema, Tamil cinema would have been at a much different level...

That apart, there seems to a trend at projecting his image as a 'no-failure-only-success' star that has become a parody over the years..

They are both human with immense capacities for success as well as failure - not accepting failure at the BO only highlights a deeper insecurity

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    இதை கப்சானு சொல்றீங்க. அப்புறம் ஏன் இதே சைட்ல இருந்து வந்த உத்தமவில்லன் கலக்*ஷனை மட்டும் நம்புறீங்க!
    எதை கப்சான்னு சொன்னேன்? உத்தமவில்லன் கலெக்*ஷன் தெரிஞ்சிக்க நான் எந்த எப்சைட்டையும் பார்க்கவேண்டியதில்லை. எனக்கே சோர்ஸ் இருக்கு.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    You say my posts are rubbish. then its u who shud explain why. if it doesnt makes sense to you then u shud be senseless. i mean, you dont understand the whole point(about how to appproach BO facts/news) at all, or you are real dumb.
    The questions you asked were rubbish. They didn't make sense to me because they were senseless questions. You asked those questions like its the duty of fans to create a site and post all the 100th day pictures. Why should anyone do that. There is no real need to do it. I don't think anyone does it for any actor.

Post Thanks / Like
    The questions you asked were rubbish. They didn't make sense to me because they were senseless questions. You asked those questions like its the duty of fans to create a site and post all the 100th day pictures. Why should anyone do that. There is no real need to do it. I don't think anyone does it for any actor.
    It will look senseless to you becos its you who blabbered that Nayagan was an average hit. You are not a proven BO pundit. You are never regarded as a trusted source by anyone. Nobody knows you. But u say some rubbish about Nayagan BO which was proven as false, with help of the Posters i posted here. And as i said, the opp camp was not able to get Manithan posters! Actually they will be having them but posing as they don't have them will save from exposing the trught about Manithan!

thatswhy i said u are senseless. you donot understand the basics at all about how to analyze BO.

Even rajini fans haven't said like what u said. In this very same portal, we have sivaji fans thread where they post the scanned posters and articles about sivaji films and those posters give lot of historical, real, hidden facts about BO on yesteryears! Its like the sculptures in temples which reveal us about past. IF one says they are needless i dunno what kind of dumbo he is.

Only after someone started digging about posters, that the truth that Nayagan was a bigger hit than Manithan, had came about. Otherwise, rajinifans and uninformeds and dumbos keep saying that Nayagan was an average hit only and of course those dumbos will never care about proving their point. வாய்லயே வடை சுடணும்னு நினைக்கிற மட மேதாவிகளுக்கு போஸ்டர் எல்லாம் தேவை இல்லை தான்

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    I don't much care about how many days either Kamal's or Rajini's films ran in the past..

It gets silly beyond a certain limit to pinpoint the actual no of days every film ran - especially given that record keeping in Indian cinema was practically nil (perhaps it still is)..

The BO prowess of either Rajini or Kamal needs no specific accurate pieces of evidence.

The problem comes when someone claims that their favorite star has rarely or never seen failure - it is impossible to be even 80% successful - in showbiz..

MGR, NT, all have faced failures and am sure rarely tried to hide the same - but ensured they did what they could to find success for their next ventures...

Agreed both Rajini and Kamal have enormous fan following - however, I am yet to see as many rational matter-of-fact Rajini fans as there are Kamal fans..

I have watched Thanga magan, Padikkathavan, Thudikkum karangal, Thambikku entha ooru etc either the first week or first day of release - rarely have I pushed myself to watch Kamal's films with the same enthusiasm those days..

It all began to change during the early mid-80s - Nayagan simply nailed it - what followed that catapulted Kamal to the top in the minds/hearts of many fans like me from that period..

Beginning from that period, had Rajini provided stiff or even fair competition in terms of embracing both commercial as well as aesthetic cinema, Tamil cinema would have been at a much different level...

That apart, there seems to a trend at projecting his image as a 'no-failure-only-success' star that has become a parody over the years..

They are both human with immense capacities for success as well as failure - not accepting failure at the BO only highlights a deeper insecurity
    Most Rajini fans just revel in the entertainment value provided by his movies and, of course, are awed by his crowd pulling capabilities (that we assumed would drop off as he aged). The insecurity is actually shown by Kamal fans - by belittling the intelligence & taste of Rajini fans incessantly and in terms of personal attacks on Rajini himself.... Yetho - the fate of Tamil cinema is only dependent on his movie choices maathiri...

9. Likes Poornima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Insecurity of rajini fans can be seen in attacking vijay films. That aside, films like Bahubali are creating National level records even without a big star in it, and in bollywood, even lesser films like MSG-2 collected 300Cr thus making that crowd pulling is no more a forte to laud upon! பாக்ஸ் ஆபீஸ்ல மட்டும் சாதனைன்னு இருந்தா இப்படித்தான் ஆகும்(Of course, also considering the point that அது கூட அவரோட எல்லா படத்துக்குமே நடந்துடுறதில்லை)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    LLD - barring a few sensible hubbers like mappi, ATA, etc (sensible in my view/judgement), others post in threads without any rationale…

Even given that its impossible to be entirely objective when it comes to films, comparing apples with oranges is beyond silly - for example, comparing the BO of Sagalakalavallavan (an absolute masala madness from AVM incl the mandatory villain rapes heroes sister only for the hero to avenge the same by getting the rapist marry his sister - sweet lord!) with that of Mullum Malarum - absolutely baseless - am giving this comparison as the reverse of what most ppl here are doing..

Comparing the BO of Moondram Pirai with that of Thambikku endha ooru, or the BO of Thoongathey thambu thoongathey with that of Bhuvana oru kelvikkuri and so on..

There are films outside of TN that are not only better made, but there are peeps striving for what Kamal calls 'excellence' (not perfection)..

When Kamal's Manmadhan anbu came, I was pissed off at the film - well, my being his fan, doesn't stop me from feeling disappointed for him lowering his standards - Kamal himself addressing his fans pre-VR said he wants our collective rasanai to improve - well that takes balls for someone to say that..

True Rajini fans - IMO - ought to strive to get their star to do things better than what he has resigned himself to - I recently watched Bosskey's interview of KS Ravikumar in which KSR tells Bosskey that he visited Rajini during Kabali shooting and strongly suggested he include punch dialogs and more stylish mannerisms as that is what his fans want - Rajini apparently replied 'do they still want all of that?'

Where on earth does KSR get such feedback I dont know - but are you guys genuinely content with Rajini's output the way KSR thinks his fans are??

If so, then there is no point in even having any kind of comparative discussions as Venkki said nicely that Rajini has long back fashioned his path towards commercial success only - well, then his fans themselves are making things difficult for his further longevity as a star..

Because all along the general impression was - while Kamal has to strive to do something creative and continue to raise his standards for success - Rajini's films will be hits no matter what he does - one dude in Bangalore tells me "unga oorla Rajini screenla vandhu ninnuttu ponaaley, padam blockbuster" and I told him "adinga - total BS - that attitude won't help" - interestingly within a week of him saying this, came Indian and the guy was overawed!

So the more one looks into this, it becomes obvious that the claim/allegation "Rajini edhai senjaalum makkal vera vazhiyey illaama paarppaanga" that is NOT the case - sariyaa varalenna, aappu thaan vaippanga..

Yenna, Kamal BO status appattama therinju pogudhu - Rajini padangaloda BO status eppavumey BB illa adidhadi Hit - sorry andha ambuli mama kadhaiyellam yedupadaadhu..

PS: as a big time fan of Ilaiyaraaja, I was mightily pissed off when IR allowed G Venkateswaran and Mani Rathnam to outrageously promote the music of Thalapathy even before the audio was released! but that was a time, when IR's albums were taken apart piece by piece and only then accepted - so for a music album to be 'super duper patti thotti hit' even before the songs were out - was not just new to us, it sounded like a con job - the music eventually turned out to be great - but the point is, there is a limit for pre-hype - I hope you get the comparison here..
    Last edited by irir123; 18th October 2015 at 12:35 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sakala claimed that manidhan did not run 100 days anywhere.

We showed the 100-day and 175-day poster of manidhan as they were available.

He is still arguing that the theater names should be in the MIDDLE OF THE POSTER not at the end!

We can not create such a poster like his buddy sandiarkaran does. We do not manipulate the facts. We provide what was available. If sakala does not believe, that is his problem!
    This is a very big world!