Page 22 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I don't understand is: why is there a request/demand to retire?
    I can understand in a scenario like cricket where the person is holding on to a spot and the selectors feel obligated because of the past record; stepping down allows a new comer to come in.

In a field like cinema, what good does a person retiring do for the field?

Regarding Rajini's contributions, he has concentrated on the commercial side and has done quite a lot- opened up new markets, made movie watching a team activity (which encourages theatre going) and so much more in terms of increasing the revenue stream.

By the same token, actors concentrating on non-commercial movies have failed miserably on the problem of how to make movies without popular appeal, financially viable. They still concentrate on how to increase viewership as a solution!

Criteria like "doing new things" are really for the individual fan debates, not for the quality of cinema. If one wants to see different stuff, just go see different stars/ directors!

2. Likes balaajee, Poornima liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_gt View Post
    Paramu sir specially for u

papa chumma Nachunu irruku....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    I can post something only on the world i see. If my opinion cannot be considered a fact, your opinion can neither be. And i didn't even project my opinion as a fact. Is it too hard to understand?
    haha your signature now you stand corrected and you can say whatever you want to say and people won't take it seriously.. didn't want to write back (i might piss everyone off as i keep dragging this subject) anything since you still haven't understood the usage of IMO i'll offer my little help my friend.

1. FAN SAYS: This films is blockbuster - Not a fact, figure of speech, viewer's opinion
    2. HATER SAYS: This film is utter flop, non sense - Not a fact, figure of speech, viewer's opinion. remember when MASS released, even before the movie was released elsewhere you were the first to say the movie is worser than ANJAAN - since it was your opinion nobody cared to dispute with you.
    3. Gautami making a comback with Papanasam - Fact, don't warrant proof
    4. Top ten movies in BO history - Nov's opening post in this thread, not a FACT, matter of dispute so he attached the sources from where he's inferring that information
    5. Now the last one where you need IMO - you make a statement, a matter of dispute but you don't prefix saying "IMO" or provide "sufficient source" if you really meant to state that what you said, readers like me will mistake you for joking and being sarcastic etc.

so yes, adding an IMO gives you license to state your opinion freely. as far as other members in my quantified observation in this forum i haven't seen anyone else making authoritative claims on disputed matters like you, i can go thru your posts in last 2 weeks and could come up with many such posts but it's pointless. on one hand we have serious hubbers like "mappi" who really digs deep into subject matters and post meaningful posts.

my point is simple. you stated 20-40 youth group lost interest with rajni's movies (didn't say your friends or your observation). let me ask you this, what was the highest grossing movie or top 2-3 in TFI in 2014. leave hit or flop aside for a moment (that's considered based on return on investment). lingaa will be there in top 3, agreed? now you stated majority of movie goers fall under 20-40 age category and i agree to that. now without this group seeing the movie how can the movie be on the top 3? prove me wrong with proper sources etc or if it's your opinion just state it and continue having fun. i rest my case.

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dig..
    Idhu edho pazhaya vaaikaa thagaraaruku ku pazhi theekara maari iruku IMO..
    End dig..
    Sachin...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR, One doubt ...

Where does this post be placed in your categories ??

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...=1#post1230680

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PR218 View Post
    haha your signature now you stand corrected and you can say whatever you want to say and people won't take it seriously.. didn't want to write back (i might piss everyone off as i keep dragging this subject) anything since you still haven't understood the usage of IMO i'll offer my little help my friend.

1. FAN SAYS: This films is blockbuster - Not a fact, figure of speech, viewer's opinion
    2. HATER SAYS: This film is utter flop, non sense - Not a fact, figure of speech, viewer's opinion. remember when MASS released, even before the movie was released elsewhere you were the first to say the movie is worser than ANJAAN - since it was your opinion nobody cared to dispute with you.
    4. Top ten movies in BO history - Nov's opening post in this thread, not a FACT, matter of dispute so he attached the sources from where he's inferring that information
    5. Now the last one where you need IMO - you make a statement, a matter of dispute but you don't prefix saying "IMO" or provide "sufficient source" if you really meant to state that what you said, readers like me will mistake you for joking and being sarcastic etc.

so yes, adding an IMO gives you license to state your opinion freely. as far as other members in my quantified observation in this forum i haven't seen anyone else making authoritative claims on disputed matters like you, i can go thru your posts in last 2 weeks and could come up with many such posts but it's pointless. on one hand we have serious hubbers like "mappi" who really digs deep into subject matters and post meaningful posts.

my point is simple. you stated 20-40 youth group lost interest with rajni's movies (didn't say your friends or your observation). let me ask you this, what was the highest grossing movie or top 2-3 in TFI in 2014. leave hit or flop aside for a moment (that's considered based on return on investment). lingaa will be there in top 3, agreed? now you stated majority of movie goers fall under 20-40 age category and i agree to that. now without this group seeing the movie how can the movie be on the top 3? prove me wrong with proper sources etc or if it's your opinion just state it and continue having fun. i rest my case.
    Well well well.. So thats the issue! Now I am getting it. How blind was I?

Anyways coming to the last paragraph of your post. Let me repeat. Rajni's formulaic films these days dont draw the same amount of curiosity like they used to in the 90s. That doesnt mean the public have totally forgot Rajni and his films. For someone who is in the field for 35+ years, he would obviously draw crowds but the excitement level is obviously low. Reason: His masala films have the same old templates and people are bored. Good thing is that at least he realized that and moved on. And if you ask for sources, I can post plenty of links which say the same, assuming you consider links as creditable sources.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are these all facts or your opinion? I am confused.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    PR, One doubt ...

Where does this post be placed in your categories ??

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...=1#post1230680
    FACT. let me know if you need proof, tell me a movie that ran to 100 days post 2K.. not the ones made to run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Well well well.. So thats the issue! Now I am getting it. How blind was I?

Anyways coming to the last paragraph of your post. Let me repeat. Rajni's formulaic films these days dont draw the same amount of curiosity like they used to in the 90s. That doesnt mean the public have totally forgot Rajni and his films. For someone who is in the field for 35+ years, he would obviously draw crowds but the excitement level is obviously low. Reason: His masala films have the same old templates and people are bored. Good thing is that at least he realized that and moved on. And if you ask for sources, I can post plenty of links which say the same, assuming you consider links as creditable sources.
    thank you for dodging from my original accusation(?!) but instead taking on completely different matter.

>>>Reason: His masala films have the same old templates and people are bored.
    it's evident that you still try to represent general public/people. i also fall under the same age bracket you put(may be younger) and in US it collected untouchable numbers in 2014 so yes people seems to be bored.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for dodging from my original accusation(?!) but instead taking on completely different matter.

>>>Reason: His masala films have the same old templates and people are bored.
    it's evident that you still try to represent general public/people. i also fall under the same age bracket you put(may be younger) and in US it collected untouchable numbers in 2014 so yes people seems to be bored.
    It is my opinion and I stand by it. Its up to the readers to decide on whether to take it seriously or as a joke. But i am not going to rephrase it just to satisfy someone's ego. Lets agree to disagree and move on. It is already getting boring. Thanks for understanding..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw