Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: ★ King of Kollywood™ VIJAY ★ - Updates and Discussions # 9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சினிமா உலகில் முதல் படம் தோல்வியடைந்த இயக்குநருக்கு அடுத்த படம் கிடைப்பதே சிரமம். பரதனுக்கோ முதல் இரண்டு படமுமே தோல்வி. விஜய் அவருக்கு மறுபடியும் வாய்ப்பு தந்திருப்பது முட்டாள்தனமா இல்லை அசாத்திய துணிச்சலா என்று படம் வரும்போதுதான் தெரியும்.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what was his second movie ?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiVijay View Post
    Think it is Athiti - I enjoyed Bharathan Dialogues in veeram. The only problem is execution, ATM had a good storyline and great songs!!! Execution was the biggest problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think Bharathan will come good. He has more on the line than Vijay himself to prove others wrong. However I'm skeptical about his execution.

Instead of playing to the gallery and adding un-necessary ingredients, he should stick to his original plan and make it happen.
    Ajde Nole!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanker View Post
    M Raja was doing remakes and half-bakes movies and than Thani Oruvan came out of nowhere and stunned everyone. Granted, Bharatan is nowhere experienced as M Raja as a director but I think he deserves another chance. He surely knows Vijay's stature now and this movie will either propel him to never before seen heights or possibly end his career. I think he knows what's at stake here and will probably(hopefully?) put in his best work. Now, whether his best work is half-decent remains to be seen.
    Thani oruvan was written subha if im not wrong..to say raja stunned everyone konjam over thaan..from remake raja you cant suddenly be maniratnam..ellarum kum oru level iruku

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Subha for Screenplay.. Story written by Raja
    Sachin...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the issue here is not abt directors giving hits or flops..its their execution..ATM looked good on paper and guessed thats why Vijay signed the film..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Thani oruvan was written subha if im not wrong..to say raja stunned everyone konjam over thaan..from remake raja you cant suddenly be maniratnam..ellarum kum oru level iruku
    Directing is not about writing/zeroing on a good story alone. Assembling the right cast and crew and execution is equally important. Raja did a splendid job in TO, no matter whose story it is. Like you said, didn't Bharathan mess up a good plot like ATM with his execution? My reservations about V60 are the same.

And remake is not a child's play. Except for Thillalangadi, almost all other remakes of Raja have worked at the BO. That is why i still feel Nanban required Raja and not Shankar. The film would've been a much bigger hit than what it ended as, considering his salary compared to Shankar's.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

10. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiVijay View Post
    Adhithi, a remake of Canadian thriller 'Butterfly on a wheel'. The original was a good thriller but in Tamil, they spoiled it by adding songs and comedy track.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghilli la..was he also an assistant director or just a dialogue writer??
    Sachin...

Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast