Malayalam GURU - 1996-97 - IR was 50 plus
    Pazhassi Raaja - 2009 - 60 plus
    Hey Ram - 1998 - 50 plus
    Nee Thane En pon vasantham - 70 plus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ram, neethane en pon vasantham,guru,Pazhasi raja - romba over. joke adikkatheenga.Spare me. you are insulting him by adding these movies.Ilayaraja's Golden period was from 1979 to 1991. Period. later days he just chipped in with occasional good Songs.
    நெஞ்சமெல்லாம் நிறைந்த நடிகர்களின் நடிகன்.
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...hool-of-Acting

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopal,S. View Post
    Hey ram, neethane en pon vasantham,guru,Pazhasi raja - romba over. joke adikkatheenga.Spare me. you are insulting him by adding these movies.Ilayaraja's Golden period was from 1979 to 1991. Period. later days he just chipped in with occasional good Songs.

ஏதோ சொல்லனுமேன்னு சகட்டுமேனிக்கு சொல்ல கூடாது - even assuming that these albums were not of a standard he has set for himself - which most hubbers would disagree with - these were definitely a cut above the other albums that came out in respective periods/years in terms of creativity and context of the respective film(s)..

I did not even go near albums like Azhaghi, or a few others in malayalam, or the more recent Rudramma Devi in telugu
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heyram music or film comedya brother..when it comes to kamal after age of 45 he gave 4 classics like heyram,virumandi,anbe sivam,Vishwaroopam..UttamaVillain is also good because of few scenes in 2nd half it can be rated as less classic than other 4..Every 3 years after the age of 5 he is providing one classic which is good ratio considering he needs to provide blockbuster/hit in between to stay afloat in market and also make money to provide classics..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    ஏதோ சொல்லனுமேன்னு சகட்டுமேனிக்கு சொல்ல கூடாது - even assuming that these albums were not of a standard he has set for himself - which most hubbers would disagree with - these were definitely a cut above the other albums that came out in respective periods/years in terms of creativity and context of the respective film(s)..

I did not even go near albums like Azhaghi, or a few others in malayalam, or the more recent Rudramma Devi in telugu
    அவர் அடிச்சிதான் விடுவார். அதை இனம் பார்த்து கண்டறிந்து தாண்டிப் போய்கொண்டே இருக்கணும்னு ஒரு முடிவுக்கு நான் வந்து ரொம்ப நாள் ஆகிவிட்டது. ஏனெனில் நாமும் இணையத்தில் பல நல்லதொரு இசைரசனை கொண்ட மக்களது அபிப்ராயங்களை, அனுபவங்களை வாசிக்கிறோம், அதனால் ஒருவர் ஒரு அபிப்ராயத்தை திட்டவட்டமாக பகிரும்போது அது ஏற்கக் கூடியதா, இல்லையா என சுலபத்தில் உணர, கடக்க பரந்து பட்ட வாசிப்பு அனுபவம் உதவுகிறது. மறுபடியும் படம் வெளிவந்த ஆண்டு 1993. பின்னணி இசையில் குறிப்பிடத்தக்க படைப்பு ராஜாவிடமிருந்து. குறிப்பிடத்தக்க என பதம் எதோ எல்லா இசையமைப்பாளருக்கும் பொருத்திவிடக் கூடிய ஒன்றே அல்ல. நல்ல இசையறிவு கொண்ட மக்கள் அப்படத்தின் பின்னணி இசையை சிலாகித்து எழுதியிருக்கிறார்கள். இப்படி ஒன்றல்ல.. திரு கோபால் சொன்ன 91-க்கு பிறகும் ராஜாவிடமிருந்து ஐம்பது திரைப்படங்களை சொல்லிடவிட முடியும். திரு கோபால் போன்றவர்களின் தராசு எப்போதுமே பாடல்கள், அதன் மெலடியின் கட்டுமானம் இவற்றை மட்டுமே மையக் கருத்தாக வைத்து எடை போட்டு, அதற்கேற்ப அபிப்ராயங்களை அமைத்துக்கொள்ளும். இப்படி ராஜாவின் இசைப் பங்களிப்பை அணுகுவது ராஜாவின் மொத்த பங்களிப்பில் இருபது/முப்பது சதவிதத்தை மட்டும்தான்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

7. Likes Gopal.s liked this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இது படு தவறான வாதம்.

சத்யஜித்ரேயின் உன்னதங்கள் அப்பு trilogy (பதேர் பாஞ்சாலி,அபராஜிதோ,அபுர் சன்ஸார் ),சாருலதா,ஜல்சா கர் எல்லாமே அவருடைய 35 ஆம் வயதுக்குள் சாதித்தவை. பின்னாட்களில் எடுத்ததெல்லாம் படமே அல்ல.

கண்ணதாசன் 53 வயதில் இயற்கை எய்தினார். அவருடைய காதல்,தத்துவம்,அரசியல் ,தன்னுணர்வு சார்ந்த இயற்கை பாடல்கள்,இலக்கியத்தை இலகுவாக்கி கொடுத்த பாடல்கள் எல்லாமே அவருடைய 30 வயது முதல் 40 வரையே எழுத பட்டன.

வாலி எழுதிய உன்னத பாடல்கள் என்று அவரே குறிப்பிட்டவை ,அவர் அறிமுகமான 32 வயதிலிருந்து 42 வயதுக்குள் எழுத பட்டவை. (இதயத்தில் நீ, படகோட்டி, இரு மலர்கள் என்று நீளும்).பின்னாட்களில் பழக்கத்தின் பால் எழுதி தள்ளினாலும் சிறந்தவை என்று சொல்ல முடியாது.

நடிக மேதை நடிகர்திலகத்தின் ,அதி உன்னத நடிப்பு திறன் கொண்ட படங்கள் 1958-1973 வரை அவரது முப்பது வயதில் இருந்து 45 வயதுக்குள் வந்தவை.

கலைஞானி கமலின் மிக சிறந்த பத்து என நான் கருதும் படங்கள் 1987 முதல் 1999 வரை வந்தவை .(அவருடைய 33 வயதில் இருந்து 45 வரை)

குருதத் இள வயதிலேயே மரணம்.(தற்கொலை). அவருடைய பியாசா,காகஸ் கி பூல் எல்லாமே இளம் வயது.

இன்னும் இசை மேதைகள் விஸ்வநாதன்,ராமமூர்த்தி,இளையராஜா,ரகுமான் எல்லாருடைய உன்னதங்களும் 20 முதல்- 45 வயது வரையே.

இன்னும் பாரதி, ஜெயகாந்தன்,மௌனி,புதுமை பித்தன்,ஆதவன்,அசோக மித்திரன் என்ற எழுத்தாளர் வரிசை.

(உலக அளவில் செல்லாமல் நமக்குள்ளே கணக்கெடுத்தவை)
    தேவர்மகன், இதயம், மறுபடியும், வள்ளி, அவதாரம், சிம்பொனியில் திருவாசகம், பாரதி, மகாநதி, சேது, சிறைச்சாலை, குரு, காதலுக்கு மரியாதை, காதல் கவிதை, ஹேராம், காசி, அழகி, ரமணா, பிதாமகன், ஜூலிகணபதி, விருமாண்டி, மும்பை எக்ஸ்பிரஸ், சீனி கம், நான் கடவுள், நந்தலாலா, அழகர் சாமியின் குதிரை, ஸ்ரீராமஜெயம், தோணி, நீதானே பொன்வசந்தம், ஓநாயும் ஆட்டுக்குட்டியும், ருத்ரமாதேவி, தாரை தப்பட்டை - இதெல்லாம் திரு கோபாலின் சட்டகத்திற்கு அப்பால் உள்ள ஆண்டுகளில் இருந்து ராஜாவிடமிருந்து படைக்கப்பட்டவை. ஒருவர் தனது இசைரசனைத் தளதிற்குள்ளெ இருந்து ராஜாவை எப்படிப்பட்ட சட்டகம் அமைத்துக்கொண்டு விமர்சித்தாலும், அதையெல்லாம் விட்டு விலகி ஒரு பிரபஞ்சமாக விஸ்வரூபமெடுத்து நிற்பார் ராஜா. சிலர் திறந்த மனதுடன் தனது சட்டகங்கத்தின் நீல அகலங்களை காலப்போக்கில் தளர்த்தி கொள்வார்கள். சிலர் குண்டு சட்டியில் குதிரையோட்டுவார்கள். அவர்களை அப்படியே விட்டுவிடனும்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 23rd May 2015 at 11:36 AM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

9. Likes Gopal.s liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, how about you spare us and allow us to appreciate these albums since we happen to be a little more open minded? As for insulting, well, IR himself ranked NEPV among the top four albums of his career.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post

Yeah, as I said in an earlier discussion, we have to evaluate his work in the context of the current film music environment and not from nostalgic longing for the 80s. From that standpoint, NEPV is like Fiona Apple's Idler Wheel, standing apart from the rest of the shallow, instant mainstream pop crowd and liable to be misunderstood on that account. I mean, who the hell bothers to experiment and fill their albums with tons of musicality these days? Apparently IR still does. Actually, NEPV is staggeringly different from his trademark 80s style. In hindsight, I feel much of his 80s work, brilliant as it was, was 'templated' and fitted into a format to suit the mass market requirements of the day. It was film music with more than a dash of irreverent experimentation. Now he doesn't really care about delivering hits and seems to be more interested in exploring things he hasn't tried before, which is good from a listener's point of view...well, at least those listeners who want to hear something new. NEPV sounds liberated, free from the clutches of commercial compulsions, just Raja doing his own thing. I am not going to say it is better than the 80s or vice versa. All I am saying is it is very, very different. We all have different tastes and I don't have any problem with people disliking NEPV. But when people claim NEPV is just a rehash of old Raja work, that tells me more about their capacity or lack thereof to understand music than anything about the album itself. I mean, yeah if you say all orchestral music is just the same...:P