Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 Vayathinile

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ravi200101 View Post
    Paaga pirivinai songs are still heard and enjoyed now. How many people now hear 16 vaiyathinile song now? Their is no match to Thalayum poo mudichu song in 16 vaiyathinile. Yes 16 vaiyathinile had its attraction among the youth because of various factors like Rajini's and kamal's acting, Sri devi's sex appeal, fantastic picturisation, new trendy MD and all. But it was not an attraction for all section of society like an MGR or a Sivaji's top movies.
    Sir i was not comparing Paaga Pirivinai and 16 vayathinile. I was merely stating the fact that 16V had a huge impact even among English speaking Tamilianans in my college. You see Tamil films in general and Tamil music in particular were declining in appeal post 1975/76 in Malaysia among the younger generation. This is why the entry of Bharathiraja's 16V was significant. It had mass appeal. Its biggest asset was not Rajini or Sridevi.Kamal's acting Yes but the main asset was Illayaraja's music. Fellows who had not watched MGR or Sivaji movies or any Tamil films till then watched 16V with me and enjoyed it. After this movie and Apoorva Ragangal Kamal got a huge following among the movie going teenagers. Rajini became a star after Murattu Kalai.

2. Likes venkkiram liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ananda Vikatan gives 46. Highest marks in sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12