Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: KAMALHAASAN in ||"Thoongavanam"|| Rajesh M Selva || Ghibran

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    It is not Manisha, Asha Sarath is doing the role I think...
    That' ll be good. We will see...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    ThoongaVanam' team begins Night mode
    Posted: 2015-06-25 07:11:30

The first schedule of the Kamal Haasan starrer ‘Thoongavanam’ directed by Rajesh M Selva completed in Hyderabad a few days back and the second schedule has now begun in and around VGP beach resorts. The entire schedule will be shot in the night and Kamal and Trisha are participating.

‘Thoongavanam’ is also made simultaneously in Telugu, titled ‘Cheekati Rajyam’ and stars Manisha Koirala, Madhu Shalini, Prakash Raj, Sampath, Asha Sarath, Uma Riyaz Khan and Yugi Sethu. Music is scored by Ghibran, Cinematography by Sanu Varughese, Editing by Vijay Shankar and Production by Raaj Kamal Films International.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    It is not Manisha, Asha Sarath is doing the role I think...
    Read that she's playing his wife ..

The Ulaganayagan obviously was very impressed with her performance that he promptly signed her for his ‘Thoongavanam’. The director of the film Rajesh M Selva revealed that Asha is playing the important role of Kamal’s wife. The thirty nine year old Asha Sarath debuted as an actress only in the year 2012 and within such a short time in her career she has got the opportunity to pair up with one of India’s most celebrated actors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Her role is that of a doctor it seems

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal Haasan’s Thoongavanam is fast progressing at ECR opposite VGP Golden beach in Chennai. Reliable sources reveal that the art direction team has erected a massive set resembling a club in the area. It is also said that without the camera and the rest of the set-up, general public is likely to mistake the set as a party place and might even go to the extent of buying entry tickets. The place is said to look that authentic and real. The pub is named as Insomnia catering to the title.

Currently the unit is shooting few important scenes along with a song sequence. Kamal, Trisha and Kishore are participating in the shoot. Kamal was seen singing along for a trippy track of Ghibran. About fifty odd junior artists were also said to be part of the shoot. Kamal was reportedly spotted in a white shirt and a dark pant with blood all over his dress. Trisha and Kishore were seen with bruises on their face looking tired and devastated.

These things suggest that the film could be high on action with a pub as its core. Stay tuned for more updates!

-BW

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #UttamaVillain#

8. Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Trisha

After a gap, you are on a signing spree, and are part of big projects. Can you tell us about it?
    At this point of time in my career, I have the liberty to pick and choose films. The gap that I had in the industry was not intentional, as I just took some time to choose a few scripts carefully. And moreover, most of the directors now are coming up with heroine-oriented scripts and it is always exciting to be a part of such films. Even my role in Kamal sir's Thoongavanam is a very strong one and has scope to perform. It's completely different from my previous films.

How is it to work with Kamal Haasan again, after Manmadhan Ambu? When it comes to work, Kamal sir is just a passionate lover of cinema, who gives his life for cinema. He gets so much involved with every role in the film, and discusses it with the actors who are going to portray it onscreen. He also gets inputs from them. For me, acting in his film is like going back to school. In Thoongavanam, I will be dubbing for myself once again, as Kamal sir always insists on my doing so. The outdoor portions of the film were shot in Hyderabad and the indoor ones are being shot in Chennai.

Guess you have a different look in the film, going by the picture you had posted of Kamal Haasan doing makeup for you...
    Well, I can't say much about my character in the film as of now. But yes, there is lot of prosthetic makeup involved for a particular scene, and Kamal sir has done it himself. He is knowledgeable about every department of cinema, and it's a pleasure to be on the set with him.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ''IT IS POSITIVE FOR ME TO BE A PART OF KAMAL SIR’S FILM AGAIN''

Asha Sharath who essayed the role of a fierce police officer in the recently released Kamal starrer Papanasam will also be a part of Ulaganayagan’s film in the making, Thoongavanam.

The beautiful and the talented actress spoke to behindwoods on the film, her role, Tamil audience and of course Kamal Haasan.

About Thoongavanam and her role, Asha says, “My part got completed in Hyderabad. I cannot discuss much about my role in the film as it would be like revealing the entire story. All that I can state is that it is a very prominent role. I play a doctor and am Kamal’s wife in the film. It is like a cameo but I will be in the film throughout in small portions spread across the entire length. It is positive for me to be a part of Kamal’s film again”.

How was it to work with Kamal within a short time? “I thank God and Kamal sir for the wonderful opportunity. I was much excited to receive a call to do a film with Kamal sir in quick succession. I heard the script and understood about my role. To me it was like a blessing. First I played a police officer and now as Kamal’s wife. The film is a bilingual in Tamil and Telugu and my first film in Telugu”.

-BW

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KamalHaasan’s new idea for ‘Thirupathi Brothers’

It is a known fact that Kamal’s ‘Uttama Villain’ was a huge failure at Box-Office. The movie released after two days and that was touted to be the main reason.

However ‘Papanasam’ changed KamalHaasan’s fortunes. But Lingusamy is still unable to recover and even his ‘Rajini Murugan’ is still searching a way for a release. Now Kamal who was earlier expected to act in a comedy movie, has backed out of the project.

Sources say, ‘ThoongaVanam’ has been handovered to Thirupathi Bros. As time never permits for Kamal Haasan even to work on a small projectand and he is keen to start his next bi-lingual project ‘Thalaivan Irukiraan’, the distribution rights to ‘ThoongaVanam’ is likely to be provided to ‘Thirupathi Bros’. ‘ThoongaVanam’ is produced by Raaj Kamal Films International and the budget is said to be 30 Crores excluding Kamal’s budget.
    #UttamaVillain#

Page 17 of 114 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast