Directed by Yuvaraj Dhayalan
    Produced by G. Sathis Kumar S. Amarnath
    Written by Yuvaraj Dhayalan
    Starring Vadivelu, Sadha
    Music by Vidyasagar
    Cinematography Paul Livingstone
    Edited by V. T. Vijayan, T. S. Jay
    Production company City Cine Creations
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

4. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This movie is a big question mark IMO. Its always risky when comedies try to become hero. Yuvarajs previous venture with Vadivelu turned out to be an average movie. Tbh its not a good sign in industry when comedians decide to do hero movies only. Karunas burned his hands big time and must be in debt. Santhanam is not that good either KLTA (kanna laddu thinna aasaiya?) was a hit, VPA (vallavanukku pullum aayudham) was poor. II (Inimey Ippithaan) might get a decent opening but im sure next releases will end the run for II soon. We are yet to see the comeback movie of Goundamani. He has earned cult status among the audience and most people are waiting to watch him in silver screen again. 49 O when?

The only reason I am looking forward to see this movie is Vidyasagar. He has been out of K-town too long. His last movie Thalaivan bombed big time. I hope for the opposite for his sake.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Revisit mere sapno ki rani - Hilarious to the core!

Vadivelu rocks!

9. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Release Date: 19 Jun 2015
    Language:Tamil
    Subtitle: -
    Genre:Comedy
    Running Time: 155 minutes
    Director:Yuvaraj Dhayalan
    Cast:Vadivelu,Sadha,Pradeep Rawat
    Distributor:Lotus Five Star
    Synopsis:
    Eli is a Tamil comedy movie direction by Yuvaraj Dhayalan, who had earlier directed the comedian in Thenaliraman. The movie has Vadivelu in lead role.

The film will be set in the 1970s, which is when western culture started to influence Indians. Vadivelu’s character will have the funny characteristics of a rat in the film and hence the title.’

Eli has music by Vidyasagar. Dialogues by Arurdoss and sets by Thottatharani. Eli is produced by S Sathish Kumar and S Amarnath.

Jayam and Anniyan fame actress Sadha plays a meaty role in the movie. Pradeep Rawat plays the film's antagonist.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Padam odudho illaiyo, I am happy to see vadivelu in what he is best at... Loved the trailer NO: 2, Vadivelu trademarks allover.
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of "oonam oonam oonam ingae oonam yaarungo" song from porkaalam

எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eli - cheesy

Pardon my dissapointed outburst. I have much interest in Vadivelus career coming back to track. But he ended up doing movies with wrong directos. Eli movie is very dissapointing movie. I have added it on worst movies of 2015 list. The movie has many vadivelu trademarks: funny body language, pronounciation of english words, acting skills, yet the silly story has ruined the movie. The man to be blamed for it is director Yuvaraj. Sadha is very beautiful, she has very few scenes. This is not her best movie. But you need money for living, sometimes u have to choose to act in movies because of your circumstances. Opportunities dont come knocking on your door.

Vidyasagar bgm was ok. Songs not up to mark. I dont know why Vidyasagar is having rough time in Kollywood. IMO he has given his better songs in tamil than malayalam or telugu.

When vadivelu was at his best, he wahs doing movies with prabhudeva, sundar c, vijay, vijaykanth etc. Now he is trying to come out of the well he fell in with his political outburst, on which he lost, his market, to be a target of shame, and losing his fame. But he is still a part of many households, who folds their hands and claps, not for the wasps, but for the comedy he has proved year by year, to the ear, no comedian is near when vaigai puyal is here.

I still hope to see Vadivelu in many more movies in future as and makes your laugh, I/we need the laugh, to forget the stressful days and problems.
    God bless all

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sema Mokkai Padam !!!

One feels for actress like "Sadha" ending up roles like this ...

only thing I liked was "mere sapno ki rani ", sadha looked gorgeous , It was a treat to hear legendary Kishore kumar song in cinema ! I just couldn't stop singing along with it ... what a song!
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 22nd June 2015 at 02:25 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast