Thread: National award winner Bobby Simha - News and Discussion

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

National award winner Bobby Simha - News and Discussion

Bobby Simha is an Indian film actor who has appeared in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam language films. After making brief appearances in the films Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi and Pizza (2012), he portrayed a kidnapper in Nalan Kumarasamy'sSoodhu Kavvum and a comic villain in Alphonse Putharen's Neram. Simha's subsequent performance as the Madurai gangster Sethu in Karthik Subbaraj's Jigarthanda (2014) won him positive reviews from critics and the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor.

We discuss his upcoming movies and details in this thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    With no supporter in the industry, how has the journey been?
    I was doing my degree in Coimbatore, when I quit college and came to Chennai in 2005. I presumed it would be easy and even told my friends, “watch me on 70mm”. The truth hit me soon with survival problems in a new city. I had no place to stay and asked friends for space. Once funds ran out, I took up a marketing job. Filling up my bike with petrol, I did the rounds on directors’ doors. I also did an acting course at Koothupattarai, (a noted Tamil theatre group), which made me confident in myself. Rejections and [broken] promises by directors were life’s lessons. I am known among friends as a stubborn person and that kept me going during the days of struggle.