Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: || Ok Kanmani | Mani Ratnam | Dulquer Salmaan , Nithya Menon ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    since roja,mani n arr combovin utchamtham okk album..they r discover each every album..easya dissapointing,worst,weakest appadi innu ennala sollamudiyala..mudiyathu!!

next level...athukkum mela..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Liked the comment from vengkat ramanan

Talking in terms of Harris Jayaraj or Ilaiyaraaja, or how it’s similar to “Alaipaaythey” or “nice-ish” is trivial, What ARR has done, especially in the last two albums is that his songs are becoming more pastiche.The songs like “Theera Ulaa” or “Kaara Aattakkaara” there is so much randomness. its hard to even list out, it feels like hip-hop, rock, indian pop, alternative rock, new-age, electronic, synth and so on. it feels like being taken on a journey across musical genres, unpredictable yet unique. This reminds me of what Tarantino had once said, “I always hope that if one million people see my movie, they see one million different movies”.

Post Thanks / Like
    my pick..malargal ketten..theer ula[arr voice n rendition woow]aye sinamika,kara attakara..

'i m boring doing same thing' innu sonnathu thalaivar sonnathu ippa puriyuthu..salute thalaiva!!!

unnakku nigar veru evarum illa,varapovathum illa!!
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 7th April 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Teary Invocation

Crying in joy along Rahman's latest masterpiece....

http://gotgroove.blogspot.com/2015/0...nvocation.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately haven't spent much time as others listening to OKK's album as a whole so not in a position to write a Music Review currently but whenever I do consider writing one I just end up enjoying the music instead of penning my thoughts.
    OKK makes my knees tremble, even thinking about adjectives to describe the songs is daunting. ARR's OKK is a diverse panoply and Mani has definitely brought out the funambulist in the former.
    We are approaching Summer and the album is complimenting this transition in season very well, will it only be a seasonal sensation is a question many ponder over but whatever the case I think I've got my Summer Anthems ready.
    Kaara Aattakkaara rides on a badinage composition which initiates the album with a light mood, Aye Sinamika follows this route and like the former would be great on a long drive whether it be sunrise or sunset. The two Mental Mandhils are not exactly worlds apart but the Female version has a peppered up melody but the voice is somewhat subdued compared to the Male version. A.R. Ameen's cover of Maula Wa Salim is a brave attempt and this prodigy has truly delivered the mature treatment it needed, be it the singing or the cantillating he leaves the listener spell bound. Other songs are really really dumbfounding me, moisten my eyes, the more I hear them thus restrained in expressing anything else for now...
    Happy Listening!

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahman: The maestro who inspires mastery

http://www.openthemagazine.com/artic...spires-mastery

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MalargaL Kettaen is a superb melody. What a composition by ARR and a mellifluous and soulful rendering by Chitra! Raga Behag at its best. Minimal use of instruments, with the kanjira making its presence felt in a subtle way. The flow of the song reminded me of one of the earlier gems from ARR - 'Uyirum Neeye' by Unni Krishnan (movie: Pavithra).

Not an easy song to sing.. Hope this song gets its due recognition for Chitra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12