Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    seriously ?? he will be almost 75 that time, if this is true I hope he does a role to suit his age , like Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, or even like AB, no more romancing and singing silly duets for God sake please ....
    +1 Paramu.

Like he plays his age in Ranjith's movie, he should play the role which suits his age only...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Padaiyappa' and 'Annamalai' phenomenon in Rajini-Ranjith film

As we had reported earlier superstar Rajinikanth will play a role close to his real life age in his next film to be directed by Ranjith. It is being speculated that the film will showcase Rajini as a aged done who still rules the underworld.
    Now hear from a source in Kollywood that the character played by Rajini will have an adult daughter in the yet to be titled film and the team is on the search for a star face to play that role.
    Radhika Apte will be playing Rajini’s wife in this film while Dinesh, Kalaiyarasan and Prakash Raj are will be joining the team to play important supporting roles.
    The Superstar‘s character had adult daughters in his blockbuster films ‘Padaiyappa’ and ‘Annamalai’. But the script of those films showcased the life of the character played by Rajini from its young days, there by offering scope for youthful elements. It is unclear whether Rajini will appear as a aged man in the entire film to be directed by Ranjith or this film will also have portions showing him as a youngster.
    The film which will be produced by Kalaipuli S.Thanu is expected to go on floors by the end of this month or early September in Malaysia.
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    'Padaiyappa' and 'Annamalai' phenomenon in Rajini-Ranjith film
    As we had reported earlier superstar Rajinikanth will play a role close to his real life age in his next film to be directed by Ranjith. It is being speculated that the film will showcase Rajini as a aged done who still rules the underworld.
    Now hear from a source in Kollywood that the character played by Rajini will have an adult daughter in the yet to be titled film and the team is on the search for a star face to play that role.
    Radhika Apte will be playing Rajini’s wife in this film while Dinesh, Kalaiyarasan and Prakash Raj are will be joining the team to play important supporting roles.
    The Superstar‘s character had adult daughters in his blockbuster films ‘Padaiyappa’ and ‘Annamalai’. But the script of those films showcased the life of the character played by Rajini from its young days, there by offering scope for youthful elements. It is unclear whether Rajini will appear as a aged man in the entire film to be directed by Ranjith or this film will also have portions showing him as a youngster.
    The film which will be produced by Kalaipuli S.Thanu is expected to go on floors by the end of this month or early September in Malaysia.
    Has Rajini ever had a onscreen son (apart from the cases when son role also played by Rajini)? as far as i can remember, he always had daughter / daughters in onscreen
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Has Rajini ever had a onscreen son (apart from the cases when son role also played by Rajini)? as far as i can remember, he always had daughter / daughters in onscreen
    I think in 6 to 60.. he had a son..
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dharmadurai
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Netrikann was one of those father-son movies where the father role had more importance...

Senior Member Regular Hubber Poornima's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    could be one of those raasi-sentiment things.
    continued since Nallavanukku Nallavan -- rags-to-riches rajini, streaks of grey hair, a daughter who sort of rebels/hooks up with rich boy from rival camp and a KJY 'pathos' song
    in Dharmadurai, he had a little son.
    “You know how you're always trying to get things to come out perfect in art because it's real difficult in life.”

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajini Formula

Couple of years back I had a chance to meet one of my favourite actress during a Film Festival. I was amazed to see her explaining how she was thrown into a scene and how she continued to perform for a whole 5 mins, the longest in her carrier. The very first scene of the film was with her and it was not an easy one. She plays a mother of a 8 years old, and the locataion was at the cemetery, the burial of her fictional child. It was on the sets she came to know about the scene, and she peeped over the execution script and found that their were close-up, trolly and a POV from the tomb shots as though her son was looking at her from everywhere. She walked in and became emotional before the tomb trying her best to provide various facial movements. After a whole 5 minutes, she heard 'cut', and it was a one take. She actually brought out a demise in her own family to enact it through the character.

Another actor, (due to the suject being personel I am not giving the name), suffered a loss and saw his own son stuck to the bottom. Recently, he is been doing only father roles, the character saving their kids or bringing back their son who have lost the path or cope up with their seperated child.

Uta Hagen in her work "Respect for Acting" (thanks Arvind), explains about how the Real Thinking affects the Character's thinking (in the chapter 7). Here are few lines that interested me to explore more the character and understand the artist who is performing it :

Sometimes the diligent actor mistakenly goes so far as to write out his character’s thoughts as if they were indeed dialogue. Real thinking precedes, is accompanied by, and follows action. Real thinking is active.

Thoughts spring from the contact with these inner objects (things or people not present in the room only as images in the mind), and bring about an inner action.

I never ask, “What were you thinking?” Instead, I ask, “What were your inner objects?” so that you will get out of the habit of even verbally analyzing your thought process.

The actor’s thinking depends on the subjective process of weighing the course of action by a contact with inner and outer objects.

So, a single thought can elivate or destruct a character that an artist is playing. At the make-up room he disguises himself as a character. And what we see on screen is not the artist but the character itself. Imagine if the real life and the character life collide and in that process discover that they are one and the same. This helps the artist to acheive the demanded through his fictional character, where his inner objects are real and the outer objects fall into place with the desired reality.

There is a difference between creating a comfort zone & establishing a comfort zone. Rajini establishes a huge circle, enveloppes all the co-artists inside, including the camera & called in shots. At post production, he becomes a wonder at the editing table that through his potrayal of the character scripted for motion picture, the laps & lags gets erradicated automatically. When an artist performs and ends his action at the same time the director calls for the cut, this sync is what makes the scene a cult and the film, a classic. Rajini has mastered this art of curiosity, that he is aware of each and any position in the closed room where the scene is filmed. The role he has taken guides him to that point, where even being silent amoung the crowd, the character is still visible as he continues to put it up.

Rajini is a sort of a gem which has the capacity and capability to shine itself, and readily accepts to be polished by film makers. In my recent ongoing work Chaturmukha, the Deva character, the man with the whip, is inspired from Bhairavi. In the film Bhairavi, its very difficult to perform the character's physical and mental agony at the same time, during the whole second half. The limp that Mookaiyah makes is maintained throughout the 2nd half by Rajini without any deviations, and the climax is a class of its own. Recently, another film hit the screen and it looked like 6 different persons playing the same character. The artist (to avoid clash, I am not mentioning) was not concentrating and his mind was blabbering, that inbetween shots he looked so different. His thought process has runined not only the scenes, but the whole viewing experience too. And the make up was annoyingly wrong.

And to add the class effect, Rajini walks & talks like the character would do, but puts up a uniqueness to it. As there is much to tell about it, but here, I will just point out his eye movements. Its not only about looking, its about using it. While delivering a dialogue, you could note that Rajini shrinks his eyes more often, and the sight motion varies according to the uttered words - anger, sympathy, pity, challenge, etc. To give you an immediate exemple, in Lingaa after the Train Fight sequence, Lingaa is enquiring the hitmen in a compartment where the windows were broken during the stunts. Its in a indoor set with all the necessary visual effects. You could note that, only Rajini would be flattering his eyes as though the breeze from the broken window is hitting his face. Thats called presence of mind of an artist. Several such Rajini moments could be found from several footages, in which what is enacted gets reciprocated from the audience. And walking & talking is not a easy task, only proper theatre artists master this format.

Talking about make-up, with powders or just the attire, it should make the artist comfortable. As mentioned few months back, give Rajini a beard, he will thank you for that. He is so comfortable with it (and his fans like myself) that it certainly projects on screen. Plus the costumes, which makes an artist enter into the character while leaving the make-up room. Rajini gets in, gets the job done & gets out, all credits to the makers who have designed something unique called Rajini Formula.
    Last edited by mappi; 6th August 2015 at 03:06 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_labakudoss View Post
    Netrikann was one of those father-son movies where the father role had more importance...
    Father was just "Awesome" ...
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    செப்டம்பர் 17-ம் தேதி மலேசியா புறப்படுகிறார் ரஜினி.. 18-ம் தேதி படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்குகிறது!

ரஜினி நடிக்கும் புதிய படத்தின் படப்பிடிப்பு வரும் செப்டம்பர் 18-ம் தேதி மலேசியாவில் தொடங்குகிறது. அதற்கு ஒரு நாள் முன்பாகவே மலேசியா புறப்படுகிறார்கள் ரஜினியும் படக்குழுவினரும். ரஞ்சித் இயக்கும் இந்தப் படம் ஆகஸ்ட் முதல் வாரமே தொடங்கிவிடும் என்று முதலில் கூறப்பட்டது. மலேசியாவில் படப்பிடிப்பு நடத்தத் தேவையான இடங்களையெல்லாம் ஏற்கெனவே பார்த்து முடிவு செய்துவிட்டனர். இந்த நிலையில் படப்பிடிப்பை ஒரு மாதத்துக்கு தள்ளிப் போட்டுள்ளார் ரஜினி. இப்போது வெளிநாடு சென்றிருக்கும் இயக்குநர் ரஞ்சித், திரும்பி வந்ததும், படத்தின் நடிகர் நடிகைகளை இறுதி செய்யவிருக்கிறார்கள். இந்தப் படத்தில் நாயகியாக ராதிகா ஆப்தேவும், முக்கிய வேடங்களில் பிரகாஷ் ராஜ், நாசர், கலையரசன், தினேஷ் போன்றவர்களும் ஏற்கெனவே ஒப்பந்தம் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளனர். செப்டம்பர் 17-ம் தேதி மலேசியா புறப்படுகிறார் ரஜினி. அவருக்கு முன்பே படக்குழுவின் ஒரு பகுதி மலேசியா செல்கிறது. ரஜினியுடன் இயக்குநர், தயாரிப்பாளர் உள்ளிட்ட குழுவும் பயணிக்கிறது. 40 நாட்கள் அங்கு முதல் கட்டப் படப்பிடிப்பு நடக்கவிருக்கிறது. இறுதிக்கட்டப் படப்பிடிப்பு சென்னையில் நடக்கும் என்று தெரிகிறது.

Read more at: http://tamil.filmibeat.com/shooting-...th-036073.html
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast