Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    chandramukhi periya success.. Kanchanana 2 kooda thaan massive blockbuster .. jyothika, vadivelu and other masala elements worked.. yes, but that was 10 years ago !! now Rajini's masala movie competitor is Vijay .. so compare Lingaa to Kaththi ..

Vijay and Surya have eroded into Rajini's family audience base..

Ajith and Vijay have put a big dent in Rajini's mass base.. 10 years munnaadi nadantha history ellaam pesikkittu.. then i will talk about Sakalakala Vallavan, Thevar Magan, Apoorva Sagotharargal, Indian etc ..
    Joythika , vadivelu ellam ulla kondu varreengaa...Correlation pandrandra perla you are trying to dilute everything... This is just for your comparison....then If you want to speak about kamal's BO power you have to 25 to 30 years...
    I always accept changes will come and new generation will emerge but as actor/star rajini still stand tall among everyone....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    This is what I have to say on this - with everything being the same (content, director, MD, heroines etc.), Rajini will certainly pull in more in the box office than anybody else at the moment. We cant compare a move like Lingaa and Kaththi ..

.. we need to compare blockbusters of both heroes or flops of both. Cant mix up for our convenience
    . Eg. Endhiran vs. Kaththi (or I) - Endhiran grossed far more than either (actually any tamil movie) Or. Lingaa vs. Sura/billa2 - Lingaa grossed much more than either. Or a hypothetical scenario of anybody in place of Rajini in Endhiran - would it have grossed 300C in the box office ?? I dont think so .. There's no denying that Rajini's is still at top.
    In a career graph comparing someone's bottom point with other's top point... it'still considered to be bigger in many place....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    In a career graph comparing someone's bottom point with other's top point... it'still considered to be bigger in many place....
    Yes. That's another way of looking at it ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Yes. That's another way of looking at it ..
    As I mentioned in the past, It'll become tough for both rajini and kamal as indian population is becoming more and more younger... As per forecast, India would be the youngest nation in the world (at present mean/median age is about 27) by 2020. This means the new generation will become the core constituency of movie goers. it will be interesting to see if both of them active in industry.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Avadi to America - the same young population/ generation is also accessing world cinema like it never did before - which means they are familiar with ideas and formats and won't be satisfied with standard nonsense or charisma or staccato style film-making etc

The art of story-telling wont wither away but we have few with the skill sets to tell stories....no amount of SFX or other gimmickry will/can replace story telling concepts..(songs will definitely go away from movies very soon)..
    Last edited by irir123; 11th May 2015 at 09:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    Avadi to America - the same young population/ generation is also accessing world cinema like it never did before - which means they are familiar with ideas and formats and won't be satisfied with standard nonsense..

The art of story-telling wont wither away but we have few with the skill sets to tell stories....no amount of SFX will/can replace story telling concepts..(songs will definitely go away from movies very soon)..
    I absolutely agree with you...There are lot more moving parts in the future and aware of it. Some of them support the industry growth and few or not.
    You have mentioned some of them that will play against the industry or actor/star's growth. The reason I mentioned population because it is the seed of any consumer demand. As younger generation joining more and more work force and watching movies in theater, the new demand will be shared by most of the top stars. In such cases, the market share of new demand for rajini/kamal will be low which means there will be a growth with declining growth rate. My gut feeling that this what happened in 80's. It's not MGR/Sivaji lost their hold on respective fan base. it's the new generation movie goers probably school and college kids like me preferred and connected with young rajini/kamal. This is just a natural cycle. My comparison is not to bring them down. It's always worth to understand the past when one looks the future.

I do believe that a story/screen play can not replace VFX/gimmicks At any point in time. Also i do not see any immediate change will take place in TFI where commercial cinema will be sidelined by art house. It would be more like commercial or masala movies is travelling in different path mostly inspired by hollywood extravaganzas. We all know 80's SPM masala did not work in 90s. In same way, this would happen to shankar also provided he does not update himself with changing dynamics of people interest. So far it looks he updates himself. I attribute this nature more on line with S curve when you reach mature stage one has to reinvent him/herslef otherwise he/she will be out of business. IMO, Rajini did it in 2005 and will do it in the near future also.
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 12th May 2015 at 12:04 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ranjith movie is not official yet. It is all rumors so far.
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read somewhere that santhosh narayanan already started composing
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    Bagyaraj further developed his role with help of parthiban from what SAC was initially planned it. That's why one can see a typical bagyaraj under other's direction.
    Naan Sigappu Manidhan was not written by SAC. It was a remake of a Hindi Film. The Hindi film was Aaj Ki Aawaaz that had Raj Babbar in the lead. If I remember correctly this was released in 1984. It was a huge hit in Hindi which prompted Telugu producer A.Poornachandra Rao to buy the remake rights of the movie in all South Indian languages. If I my memory serves me right.he produced the films in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam [Not sure of Kannada]. While Suman acted in Telugu it was Mammootty in Malayalam [Ee Sabtham Innathe Sabtham] and Rajini in Tamil.

But though all were remakes there were variations as for as Tamil and Malayalam were concerned. For that matter even Hindi. Bagiyaraj's role was not much of an important character in the original but since Bagiyaraj was roped in [He was at his peak and it was rumoured that Poornachandra Rao paid a bomb to make him agree to do the side role and since he and Rajini had already shared screen space in Anbulla Rajinikanth (1984) the casting went without any issues] his role was made bigger to accommodate his image.

But during release, theatres witnessed clashes at least in the initial days. I for one saw it in person. The movie was released on 12th April 1985 and I had gone for the opening show at Madhu theatre in Madurai. The crowd was mammoth and in spite of having the tickets we friends found it very difficult to even get in. The opening credits itself created a ruckus. Neither Rajini's name nor Bagiyaraj's name would be shown and instead both would be shown standing together with folded hands.

Bagiyaraj's introduction would happen during interval [with the transistor carried by him would be blaring a MGR song] and Rajini fans got wild and interval time saw people exchanging blows. It took a great effort to bring peace. Though Rajini fans easily outnumbered the other fans [in fact Bagiyaraj's fans were only a handful but tactical support from theatre employees who were ADMK supporters helped them]. It was a 100 day movie, I remember.

That Tamil New Year period saw multiple releases and I, who was working outside Tamilnadu had come down to Madurai for the Tamil New Year function and saw all the movies and in fact saw the opening shows of movies by Kamal, Rajini and NT.

April 11th Thursday - Khakki Sattai - Central - Morining Opening Show

April 12th Friday - Naan Sigappu Manidhan - Madhu - Morning Opening Show

April 13th Saturday - Neethiyin Nizhal - Meenakshi - Morning Opening Show

April 13th Saturday - Udhaya Geetham - Sundaram - Night show

April 14th Sunday - Kalyana Agathigal - Sakthi - Night Show

April 15th Monday - Pillai Nila - Minipriya - Matinee Show

April 16th Tuesday - Padikkadha Pannaiyaar - Nadana - Matinee.

Leave was over and went back to work place on that Tuesday night.

அது ஒரு காலம்!

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    Naan Sigappu Manidhan was not written by SAC. It was a remake of a Hindi Film. The Hindi film was Aaj Ki Aawaaz that had Raj Babbar in the lead. If I remember correctly this was released in 1984. It was a huge hit in Hindi which prompted Telugu producer A.Poornachandra Rao to buy the remake rights of the movie in all South Indian languages. If I my memory serves me right.he produced the films in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam [Not sure of Kannada]. While Suman acted in Telugu it was Mammootty in Malayalam [Ee Sabtham Innathe Sabtham] and Rajini in Tamil.

But though all were remakes there were variations as for as Tamil and Malayalam were concerned. For that matter even Hindi. Bagiyaraj's role was not much of an important character in the original but since Bagiyaraj was roped in [He was at his peak and it was rumoured that Poornachandra Rao paid a bomb to make him agree to do the side role and since he and Rajini had already shared screen space in Anbulla Rajinikanth (1984) the casting went without any issues] his role was made bigger to accommodate his image.

But during release, theatres witnessed clashes at least in the initial days. I for one saw it in person. The movie was released on 12th April 1985 and I had gone for the opening show at Madhu theatre in Madurai. The crowd was mammoth and in spite of having the tickets we friends found it very difficult to even get in. The opening credits itself created a ruckus. Neither Rajini's name nor Bagiyaraj's name would be shown and instead both would be shown standing together with folded hands.

Bagiyaraj's introduction would happen during interval [with the transistor carried by him would be blaring a MGR song] and Rajini fans got wild and interval time saw people exchanging blows. It took a great effort to bring peace. Though Rajini fans easily outnumbered the other fans [in fact Bagiyaraj's fans were only a handful but tactical support from theatre employees who were ADMK supporters helped them]. It was a 100 day movie, I remember.

That Tamil New Year period saw multiple releases and I, who was working outside Tamilnadu had come down to Madurai for the Tamil New Year function and saw all the movies and in fact saw the opening shows of movies by Kamal, Rajini and NT.

April 11th Thursday - Khakki Sattai - Central - Morining Opening Show

April 12th Friday - Naan Sigappu Manidhan - Madhu - Morning Opening Show

April 13th Saturday - Neethiyin Nizhal - Meenakshi - Morning Opening Show

April 13th Saturday - Udhaya Geetham - Sundaram - Night show

April 14th Sunday - Kalyana Agathigal - Sakthi - Night Show

April 15th Monday - Pillai Nila - Minipriya - Matinee Show

April 16th Tuesday - Padikkadha Pannaiyaar - Nadana - Matinee.

Leave was over and went back to work place on that Tuesday night.

அது ஒரு காலம்!

Regards
    Murali Sir, I completely forgot it was a Hindi remake... I know you are quite busy in other threads but please visit here whenever you find there is a factual error. Thanks for stop by... Irunthaalum ezhu naal ezu padam...unmayagavey athu oru kana kaalam thaan...

Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast