Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    Anben is Younger version of Raajja. ignore him.

KSR is top director Now?
    "easygoer, i want to see what opening will rajinikanth get for a movie without a top heroine, ARR and masala elements .. appo naan othukkuren" - quote from Anban

He meant all elements need to be in the film to become a hit... He did not mention about KSR I think...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    @Anban - what you say is true but that is the current status for any star to day.... without a star director / md / powerful co-actor /powerful distributor or producer (who can do aggressive marketing) no one would be able to deliver consistent box office success..
    +1. Cinema is a team work...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    easygoer, i want to see what opening will rajinikanth get for a movie without a top heroine, ARR and masala elements .. appo naan othukkuren .. he is just living in the shadows of Shankar .. Shankar does not need a Rajinikanth to give a blockbuster.. But Rajini needs Shankar or some other big director .. new director, new MD, new heroine, vatchu oru padam eduthu periya hit aakkunga Rajini sir .. ungalaala mudiyaathu .. fans like his masala elements.. without masala elements, he is no big star..

class padathukkum koottam vanthaa thaan star ..
    Was P.vasu the cult director when Rajini did chandramukhi? Was Vidayasagar the India's biggest musician? Irrespective of the director or MD, what matters is the content. If Shankar comes up with a bad content, even his movie would flop. If Ranjith or even a newbie to industry comes up with a good content, it will be a hit. Stars are like the distribution network a company has. A company might have distribution network throughout the world but if the product quality is bad, then the distribution network cannot be blamed.

Imagine the audience accessibility for Ranjith when he did attakathi or madras and just think of the access now he has. If a mobile model should be a success, it should have specific features with good quality. Likewise, masala element is a feature that necessary for a movie's box office success. This rule applies to all the stars around the globe...
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    "easygoer, i want to see what opening will rajinikanth get for a movie without a top heroine, ARR and masala elements .. appo naan othukkuren" - quote from Anban

He meant all elements need to be in the film to become a hit... He did not mention about KSR I think...
    this is not the first time he quotes this. In the past, he did mention about the top director. In fact you better than us his intention....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    easygoer, i want to see what opening will rajinikanth get for a movie without a top heroine, ARR and masala elements .. appo naan othukkuren .. he is just living in the shadows of Shankar .. Shankar does not need a Rajinikanth to give a blockbuster.. But Rajini needs Shankar or some other big director .. new director, new MD, new heroine, vatchu oru padam eduthu periya hit aakkunga Rajini sir .. ungalaala mudiyaathu .. fans like his masala elements.. without masala elements, he is no big star..

class padathukkum koottam vanthaa thaan star ..
    Why this disdain for 'masala'? I'd that is not yr cup of tea, pls feel free to ignore Rajini.

But one of the answers to yr question is Chandramukhi.

But the other question is he trying to get these additional factors, or is it easier for the producers to get these additional factors ( heroine, md, director ) because of his BO pull.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm.... rajini - kamal fans fight 1980's la school students level la nadanthathu......... innum alive ah irukku athu sari sivaji vs mgr sandaiye innum mudinja paadu illa......

@Anban - what you say is true but that is the current status for any star to day.... without a star director / md / powerful co-actor /powerful distributor or producer (who can do aggressive marketing) no one would be able to deliver consistent box office success..

I disagree rsubras - beyond the first hype and hoopla if ppl have to watch a movie, it better have something substantial - no star can simply rely on 'big' names. And thats how it should be - for TN cinema to progress
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lingaa is considered a commercial failure movie after singaravelan's drama. Eros made their money. Producer made his money. I am not sure how much the producer paid back to TN distributors/theater owners. May be 5 crores? Rajni might have given back 5 crore from 25 + crores he might have got as "actor fee". In any case, the US collection is about 2 million dollars. Malaysia is about 2 million dollars. Rest of the overseas about 3 million at least. It is about 40 crores from overseas alone.

The overseas collection is depend mainly on first weekend collection. (80% comes from that). Now why would one not put the most popular MD and actresses? That will be ridiculous. We need hype and we need to pull the crowd in the first weekend to get 40 crore money.

If some other actors fan claiming that Rajini will be nothing without young heroines and ARR, that's OK. So be it! Let him theorize anything he wishes.

For Rajinikanth, Cinema is entertainment and business. He cares about opening collection. Because piracy kills a movie afterwards. The opneing collection is very very important in today's movie business. Rajiniknath should not jeopardize that because such and such said so and so!
    Last edited by thamiz; 11th May 2015 at 05:10 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    I disagree rsubras - beyond the first hype and hoopla if ppl have to watch a movie, it better have something substantial - no star can simply rely on 'big' names. And thats how it should be - for TN cinema to progress

Success of "I" and many other 100 crore hindi movies got success not because of the content, i suppose...
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Success of "I" and many other 100 crore hindi movies got success not because of the content, i suppose...
    This is very much TRUE...
    BOLLYWOOD has different dyanmics...
    SALMAN can deliver a 100 crore movies just like that from the prison...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Raghu may be talking about netrikkaN. You think of thillu mullu, here!
    yes , I was talking about netrikan
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast