Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than serious roles like in Mullum Malarum, in the comedy roles we have -

Netrikann - the older dad Rajini dominated the movie. Great entertainment all the way! The younger son was just playing his role, not much to report there.

Thillu-mullu - both characters were superbly enacted by Rajini along with excellent supporting roles by Poornam V, Theanga S. and Sowcar J.

Both of these gems were by KB sir.

His comedy handling for the first time in his career in these films proved his ability to handle that genre with ease. So, there's a variety of genre types he can handle. It depends on his mindset to take on varied roles with other directors.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post

Netrikann - the older dad Rajini dominated the movie. Great entertainment all the way! The younger son was just playing his role, not much to report there.
    Hilarious movie, excellent performance by Rajni, esp all the encounters with Saritha!

Other comedy themed movie I liked was "guru shishyan".
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    forget mullum malarum and all those pre-80's movies, his vettaiyan role in Chandramukhi, Motta Boss role in Sivaji and Evil chitti in Enthiran pretty much shows the burning rage in him..... it is only when he is in typecast roles or in roles that he has personal preference to play (like father role in muthu and arunachalam, drunken philosopher in Valli) we get a not-so-impressive performance.
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ///his vettaiyan role in Chandramukhi, Motta Boss role in Sivaji and Evil chitti in Enthiran pretty much shows the burning rage in him.//

People generally overlook the Rajini's talents buried in these characters in "masala movies" and make sweeping statements which are unacceptable by others.
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post

Thillu-mullu - both characters were superbly enacted by Rajini along with excellent supporting roles by Poornam V, Theanga S. and Sowcar J.

Both of these gems were by KB sir.

His comedy handling for the first time in his career in these films proved his ability to handle that genre with ease. So, there's a variety of genre types he can handle. It depends on his mindset to take on varied roles with other directors.
    Both were produced by KB.
    While KB directed Thillu Mullu, Netrikann was by SPM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Hilarious movie, excellent performance by Rajni, esp all the encounters with Saritha!

Other comedy themed movie I liked was "guru shishyan".
    I hope you meant Viji, Saritha's sister...

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    I think he is referring to Netrikann..
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Netrikann screenplay/script was definitely KB - SPM was a great executor who knew what it took for a commercial success - am not so sure about SPM's script writing abilities - Murattu kalai (like SKV) was again scripted by Panju Arunachalam and executed by SPM for AVM to rip-roaring success
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Raghu may be talking about netrikkaN. You think of thillu mullu, here!
    This is a very big world!

Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast