Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He got posthumous award in 1988 for his contribution in public affairs.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    soundarya rajnikanth ‏@soundaryaarajni Jan 25 Proud daughter !!!!! Appa is now Padma vibhushan shri Rajinikanth
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    soundarya rajnikanth ‏@soundaryaarajni Jan 25 Proud daughter !!!!! Appa is now Padma vibhushan shri Rajinikanth
    Super..Valthukal
    #UttamaVillain#

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The twelfth day of April two thousand and sixteen, Shri Shivaji Rao Gaekwad, popularly known as Rajinikanth, received Padma Awards from President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Rajinikanth was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian award, in the field of Art.

Award

At the Ceremony

Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

6. Likes rachel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shri Rajinikanth hails from the state of Tamil Nadu. He was conferred with the Padma Bhushan in two thousand. Other recipient of the prestigious Padma Vibhushan Award from the state of Tamil Nadu are - M. S. Subbulakshmi (1975), T. Balasaraswati (1977), Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer (1990), M. Balamuralikrishna (1991), D. K. Pattammal (1999), Umayalpuram K. Sivaraman (2010).

Satyajit Ray (1976) and Adoor Gopalakrishnan (2006) are notable Padma Awardees in the field Art-Cinema, apart from Shri Rajinikanth (2016).

Award

With Photographers

Historical Moment of India

At Ashoka Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan, originally the Ball Room of the Viceroys, called as Jewel Box of Rashtrapati Bhavan :

[A fresco by an unknown artist of the Persian Poet, Nizami Ganjavi, is hung above the fireplace.]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

8. Likes rachel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    May 25, 1939 : Subramani Karuppaiya's Natal Day

(at Shanti Theatre)
    Last edited by mappi; 25th May 2016 at 08:24 PM.

10. Likes rachel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superstar On Holiday In US With Family
    Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth, who awaits the release of upcoming Tamil gangster drama "Kabali", has jetted off on a brief holiday to US with his family.

"Having recently completed a schedule of Shankar's magnum opus '2.o', Rajinikanth decided to take a much needed break to rejuvenate and resume shooting from June. He's expected to stay in the US for nearly two weeks and return in the second week to join the sets again," a source close to the 65-year old star told IANS.

In "Kabali", which is slated for release on July 1, Rajinikanth will be seen playing an ageing gangster. The film's story is tipped to be based on the real-life story of a Chennai-based don.

In Shankar's "2.o", a sequel to blockbuster "Enthiran", Rajinikanth will return as the popular scientist, Vaseegaran, and he will lock horns with Akshay Kumar in the film.
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you guys read this five-year old joke?

-----------------

Hats Off for rajni! ~ Devesh Kumar (Its amazing friends. I personally say you to read the whole note)
    April 11, 2011 at 9:47pm

Rajni Mania...Rajnikanth was bragging to Amitabh Bachan one day, "You know, I know everyone. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them. Tired of his boasting, Amitabh Bachan called his bluff, "OK, Rajini how about Tom Cruise?"

"Sure, yes, Tom and I are old friends, and I can prove it" Rajini said.

So Rajini and Amitabh Bachan fly out to Hollywood and knock on Tom Cruise's door,

And sure enough, Tom Cruise shouts : "Thalaiva! Great to see you! You And your friends come right in and join me for lunch!"

...Although impressed, Amitabh Bachan is still skeptical. After they leave Cruise's house, he tells Rajini that he thinks Rajini knowing Cruise was

Just lucky.

"No, no, just name anyone else" Rajini says

..."President Obama", Amitabh Bachan quickly retorts

..."Yes", Rajini says, "I know him.

And off they go. At the White House, Obama spots Rajini on the tour and motions him, saying, : "Rajini, what a surprise, I was just on my way

to a meeting, but you and your friend come on in and let's have a cup of coffee first and catch up".

Well, Amitabh Bachan is much shaken by now, but still not totally convinced. After they leave the White House grounds, he implores him to

name anyone else.

"The Pope," Amitabh Bachan replies

..."Sure!" says Rajini, "My folks are from Italy and I've known the Pope a long time".

Rajini and Amitabh Bachan are assembled with the masses in Vatican Square when Rajini says, "This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what, I know all the guards so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope."

And he disappears into the crowd headed toward the Vatican.. Sure enough, half an hour later Rajini emerges with the Pope on the balcony.

But by the time Rajini returns, he finds that Amitabh Bachan has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics.

Working his way to Amitabh Bachan's side, Rajini asks him, "What happened?"

Amitabh Bachan looks up and says,

"I was doing fine until u and the pope came out on the balcony and the Italian man next to me said,

"Who's that on the balcony with Rajini?"

-------------------------

I thought it was funny
    Last edited by thamiz; 15th June 2016 at 10:51 PM.
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jackie Chan and Rajinikanth to star in ‘The Chini Saga’? - See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/sh....K1T1TPh8.dpuf

KUALA LUMPUR, June 20 — International actors Jackie Chan, Rajinikanth and Sonam Kapoor are reportedly to star in a Malaysian production, The Chini Saga, which will revolve around the legend of the dragon from Chini Lake, Pahang.

“I am not just making this up. The matter of making contact with popular actors like Jackie Chan, Rajinikanth and Sonam Kapoor, has all been done.”

“As this film is planned to be screened in the actors’ home countries, therefore we would need their appearance in the film,” said producer Mohd Rafeezi Mohd Zin AKA Pveezi Zain as quoted by Sinar Harian.

According to Pveezi, apart from international stars the film would also involve local Malaysian actors.

The Chini Saga was first announced four years ago, but it was delayed due to insufficient funds, as it needed RM20 million to move forward.

Pveezi said that his camp has managed to collect the funds and that the filming would commence in stages beginning from July 2016 onwards.

The filming locations are Norway, India, China, Indonesia and Thailand. As for the colossal budget to make the film, Pveezi says that he is not nervous to take the plunge for this project as the film will not only be screened in Malaysia, but also in several other countries including Europe.

Pveezi said that he has also added on RM5 million to the budget for promoting the film and coming up with an App for it.

He added that The Chini Saga will feature 90 per cent of CGI effects and it would also be 90 per cent in English. — CinemaOnline
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like

Some interesting info on Rajini from Suresh Krishna.

15. Likes balaajee liked this post
Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast