Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Archangel of the Estate

After the dropped film projet 'Jilla' Collector (nothing controversial about the movie being canned, Rajini was impressed with 'Chinna' Goundar and wished to do a similar movie. Udhayakumar who made 'Chinna' Goundar and was to make 'Jilla' Collector with Rajini, but directed Yejaman instead) ... so, after the dropped projet 'Jilla' Collector, a Rajini film is titled after a physical location, and it’s the first for a Rajini Film Title.

Petta (a colloquial way of addressing ‘Pettai’ in Tamil Language) is an estate. Not an area, or village or town. It is bigger than an area but relatively smaller than a town or village. The origin of a Petta existed even before the colonial India. Less populated, a Petta has a principle building surrounded by housings, religious establishments and social structures like schools, hotels, hostels and clinics. Either in the estate or just at its outskirts, there will be a job provisioning depot. During industrial era, that boomed late in India, these lands were addressed as Industrial Estates.

Petta title is a 'cult' Rajini film title. Even though it is a single word title (Rajini brought forward single word title as its catchy & easy to remember for a layman; his last multi letter title was Nattuku oru Nallavan (1991)), Petta breaks the long list of proper names (as in character name) for a Rajini film, and enters in the league along with titles like Enthiran (2010) that broke the Proper Name streak (Veera, Baasha, Muthu, Arunachalam, Padayappa, Baba). Gayathri (1977), Priya (1978), Bhairavi (1978), Valli (1993) & Chadramukhi (2005) are other exceptions in Rajini Film Titles, which deal with the female lead proper names. Peeta also kind of kills the recent 'K' attachement to a Rajini Title (Kuselan, Kochadaiiyaan, Kabali, Kaala).

Petta title sounds exactly how Rajini would pronounce the word ... followed by his original mannerisms - smile and winking at the audience. By this, I can confidently say Karthik is a rooted Rajini fan, just like myself.

The archangel in the poster is Rajini himself. The coloured glass windows of the church that form the backdrop serves as his wings. There is a similar poster for the film Constantine (2005), where Keanu Reeves is seen caring a 'Holy Shotgun' marching towards the viewers. Even though the atmosphere (replacing the dark shades of grey with a colour palette in Petta) and the pose (a scarf replacing the tie and a vest taking over a neat costume of Constantine) seem identic, there is no resemblance between the two posters nor it can be considered as inspired or whatever word that fits the context.

Rajini, whose character name is still a suspense, carries a candelabrum (a holder for several candles). The interesting part are the burning candles - Lighting up the path. In the final stretch of the motion poster, where Rajini swings the candelabrum from right to left (in front of the viewer) - Archangel showing the light. The interior of the church is at chaos. A holy place being invaded, and then, appears the Chief Angel to stamp his authority over the evil - The evil has finally met its match.

Almost everyone would have noted the descriptive images flashing while announcing the names (keys of a church organ detaches for music composer / lighted candles appear for the banner / suspended desk accessories for script writer / etc.), what particularly interested me is the colour palette used in the (motion) poster. Without going too much technical about it (mentioning it for the people who wish to look beyond inside a movie poster), the usage of colour expresses an exploitation genre, like 'back to the 70s' style. I actually like the entire film and the filming of 'Hobo with a Shotgun' (2011) starring Rutger Hauer, and Petta motion poster just enhanced its colours. Of course, Grindhouse defunct effect is employed, a style rejuvenated by Quentin Tarantino for the modern-day audiences.

Few more technical: Apart from the colour palette, the arc effect is excellent capturing the mounted graphic decors. The zooms are punctual and the style of photography using focus modes are crisp while capturing (CGI) subject - a blurred long shot, one shot focus, godseye, closeup, full frame, etc. The processing of the special visual effects is done promptly to increase the authority of minute details in the images.

I don’t wish to speculate, but there is a century old church in Dehradun Uttarakhand – St. Francis of Assisi (St. Francis Catholic church standing since 1853 even after a massive earthquake). The history of the church is interesting, for those who wish to look into it.

John Woo, the visionary action stunt coordinator has an immense likeness towards church decors and white pigeons. His action blocks inside the church increases the 'adrenaline effect' among the viewers. He is also an ardent user of slo-mos, that enhance the 'heroic' attribute to the character indulged in the shootout inside the church. Even his sword fights in the film Red Cliff (2008) is choreographed with grace and style, of course with its own fair share of gore (as in art). Other church episodes that I like are in video games such as Resident Evil, Uncharted 3 (a huge awesome fight sequence) and few movies like Resident Evil, Constantine (one of my favourite super hero characters). I also like fights inside a cemetry, gives me a eerie thrill. Personally, I wait eagerly to watch Rajini doing spectacular stunts filled with style inside the church.

Rajini, once again, sets a subtle political message. The temple (church) is the society that is totally invaded by forces creating confusion and disorder. Rajini is a powerful angel that leads many other angels, who brings in the light to show the path to the lost, at the time, to burn the immoral and the wicked who create mayhem into ashes.

Rajini Petta is in a different league.

Petta - Hellfire
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Rajini Rap by ARR

(Disclaimer : lyrics not verified)

1/ Baba - Am about to Explode (2002)

Come On Come On !

Yeah!

Come On Come On !

YO! Am about to explode,
    (here I come) Can you fell my flow

Baba thats what they say
    B to the A to the B the A

GO! Am about to begin,
    (for the justice) I will win

Can you stop me ..... you cannot
    Hey getout or you will get shocked

Do you hear me loud and clear
    Let me tell you Baba's here
    Do not, what we have no fear
    Am a magical man; oh yeah.

[Am a magical man; YO! Do you understand.
    Hey you! Stop right there
    1 2 3 yeah!]

I am a man on a mission with ambition
    As I hear the beats dawning into an indic introduction
    With the ploy to make the whole world safe and free

The name is Baba ....Yeah ! That's me!
    B to the A to the B the A
    Baba that's what they say
    The name is BABA ... Yeah.

2/ Sivaji - The (Motta) Boss (2007)

You could kill me, You thought, You could get away;
    But you never never never never gonna get away,
    You can break me n break me n take me n break me,
    Never never never gonna get away ... no ...

Comin' with an aim
    Comin' Comin' with a Jai
    Comin' with an aim
    Comin' Comin' with a Jai
    Comin' with a Yaar
    It's SIVAJI ... The Boss

3/ Enthiran - Robo Da (2010)

Boom Boom Robo-Da Robo-Da Robo-Da Zoom Zoom Robo-Da Robo-Da Robo-Da

Okay ... fine .. fine ... fine ...

Spit the Gigidi Microphone
    Gigidi Checki Check
    Throw your hands up in the air
    Do the crash mambo break
    Cause the problem of a man
    Will set you on fire
    Don't do the wire
    Take Human fire
    (Alap)

4/ 2.O - Super Super One (2018)

You got this Sagathey, Sudathey Seendathey
    Baby you should watch this
    Qu'est ta fait
    As I am the one

Hey got this, You go this, Saga His
    Baby you should watch this
    Qu'est ta fait
    As I am the one

Hey Buck Buck Buck Buck
    It got to stop

Ya! Go while you re ready take a shot
    I am the only one
    There is no comparison
    'Cos I am the Super Super One
    I am out to get you
    Let you wreak yourself
    As am coming now
    There re 1000 fighters by my side
    I am bad_as I shoot them down
    About time like no man
    About time with no gain
    I stand well above mouth stain
    I care down like no man.

Chitti 2.O - "He's not the Boogeyman. He is the one you send to kill the fucking Boogeyman"

bwahaha
    Last edited by mappi; 18th September 2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: re-check
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    拉吉尼卡特 在 屁伊提提诶

@evilboydavid

Post Thanks / Like
    The Wives of Veera

(The Siente & the Stranger Series)

Yield to all and you will soon have nothing to yield.

Siente : So I shall tell you a story to weaken the burden of this dreadful journey. A 'fairy tale' you asked, and it shall be from fabler Aesop's fables (sixth century).

A man had two wives - one younger to him and the other older than him. His wives loved him very much, resulting in each desiring to have him for herself. The younger wife combed his hair before going to bed, and the older one brushed his hair when he woke up in the morning. As years passed, the man's hair started to turn grey. The young wife wished his hair stayed black, while the older one liked his silver strands. During the night, the younger wife plucked out a white hair, and in the morning the older wife plucked out the black hair. The consequence was the man soon found himself entirely bald.

Stranger : But you promised to narrate a Fairy Tale with beasts and dragon !

Siente : Once upon a time, Veera, a singer-instrumentalist, along with a folk drummer Ravikanth, is offered by production house to record an album under their company. The album becomes a huge sucess in sales. The company owner had a beautiful daughter Roopa who falls in love with Veera. The Knight of Music marries the dancing princess and they lived happily ever after.

Stranger : huh! where is the beast ?

Siente : Once upon a time, Veera, a young man falls in love with an angel Devayani. His love for her made him change completely and he became the Knight of Power when he proved his might to her father. The Knight of Power marries the classical angel and they lived happily ever after.

Stranger : But wait ... where is the dragon ? Aren't there any ? *sigh*

Siente : Yes, they are. And they were always there. You didn’t see them doesn’t mean they don’t exist. One came out of the sea and the other out of the abyss. The married life of Veera and Devayani did not last forever contradicting the fabulous endings "And they lived happily ever after". Devayani turns into food for a hungry flood. As all power is lost when love is lost, The knight of Power was driven by sorrow and he leaves the sea-side village. Veera comes to the town where he meets Roopa and marries her, thus, rejuvenating himself as Knight of Music. The shocker arrives to the happily living forever couple Veera and Roopa - Devayani, presumed dead, knocks their door during a star studded night. The Knight now has to yield to the suituation, where he tries to balance his life being shared between Roopa and Devayani. The first beast is an angel whom Veera worshiped. The second beast is a princess whom Veera honoured. And a huge dragon called Fate stared at him while standing between the Wives of Veera.

Stranger : Well, that sounds more like a fairy tale with two beasts, a dragon and a Knight. How did the Knight handle the beasts and the dragon ?

Siente : On a sunny day, somewhere in a far far temple, Veera is present with Roopa. Ravikanth informs him that Devayani is climbing the devine stairs. Fate mocked at Veera who found no time to fight the laughing dragon. Instead he moves around the temple to meet with Devayani. Convincing her that he would soon be with her, he circled around the temple to make the same promise to Roopa. Kind of not letting the right hand know what the other had done. Roopa and Devayani happily descended the stairs together not knowing that they are sharing the same husband but hoping that he will join them soon. Standing on top of the stairs, Veera watches his wives cheerfully walking away. His mind worked overtime with his brain to memorise what he spoke with whom.

And the dragon whispered in his ears, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

Stranger : Funny!

Siente : What is that you find funny ?

Stranger : I thought women were smarter than this. You always have a habit to mock at woman at the very first chance you get. You called them Maya previously, and now you address them as beasts! Two Beasts and a Knight!

Siente : When you say fire, you don't get burnt. Else you won’t say it. One resurrects from the water, the other waits on the land. They are the destination for the Knight, his goal as big as a beast. The Knight is a traveller who took both the paths, while being guided by the light of the fire coming out of the mouth of the dragon called Fate. The reason of existing of the beasts and the knight is to serve a larger purpose, not in their forms, but in their actions. As soon as Veera spoke the truth, the three lived happily ever after under the warmth of the dragon.

Stranger : If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. I will take that with me during my tedious journey.

Footnote : Veera released in 1994 is a Tamil language movie written by Panchu Arunachalam and directed by Suresh Krissna. The director handled the story as a musical comedy giving much importance to music while designing his scenes and emotions of his characters. The contrast of the seaside view versus the concrete jungle extends the tale through two different dimensions. The OST is scored by Ilaiyaraja. We have already discussed about the Golden Fish scene, and there are many such valuable scenes in Veera where Ilaiyarja polished the visuals with bright musical score rich in grammar. Veera is the last collaboration of Ilaiyaraja with Rajini. The film has a huge cast that includes Meena, Roja, Janakaraj, Senthil, ..., and Rajinikanth plays the lead role. Veera is an adult oriented film and a rare feature in Rajini's filmography. During the initial release, Aathile Annakili & Adi Pandalile, were removed from the screening due to its obscene lyrics and visuals (Meena covering herself with 'village-bath-towel' & Vichithra's clothes hardly covering her hanging flesh. In both the songs Rajini flirts with the dames). The songs were later included in the film after replacing the explicit words and few visual frames altered using editing technics.

Post Thanks / Like
    True Colour

Siente : Listen to this and speak only when you understand. We still have a long way to go!

Once upon a time, there lived a Golden Dolphin who was worshiped as a saviour among the voyagers and sailors. Some even considered it as Demi-God. Whenever there was a ship wreck, the Golden Dolphin would appear and help the drowning crew by carrying them on its back till the sea shore. The Golden Dolphin was a great entertainer too. In the evening, people from all over the world gathered at the harbour to see the spectacle of the Golden Dolphin. It soar high up towards the sky and dived back into the water, sending droplets of cold water on the faces of the kids gathered around. The kids stood in the front row waiting to be blessed by the Golden Dolphin. The shops around the port area flourished as tourists shopped in happiness throughout the evening after tasting joy from the performance of the Golden Dolphin.

At the corner of an abandoned street, a man performed street tricks with his monkey. To encourage the people to throw a coin at them, the monkey imitated the Golden Dolphin. It jumped up in the air and twisted and turned before landing back on the ground. It rolled over the muddy street lane as the Golden Dolphin floated over the sea water. But none gave their attention to the monkey but the man came every day with his monkey to perform before an empty crowd. In the evenings the monkey watched the Golden Dolphin dance over the water and would repeat its mannerisms silently in the dark in the urge of making heads turn towards it the next day. At times, to convince the passer by, the monkey spoke high about the Golden Dolphin, that it considers it as the Great Entertainer and its mentor. But none took notice of its lies, but the monkey continued with its copycat acts.

One day the monkey saw a small metal can falling from a cargo wagon. It ran behind the rolling tin and caught it. It took it far away thinking it could hold something to eat. After a deep struggle, the monkey managed to separate the lid from the tin. It found a thick liquid inside. It was a tin of red paint. Not sure what it had found, the monkey let its face inside the tin to check deeper. Its face and nose was covered with the red paint. The monkey tasted the dripping paint and coughed. It threw away the tin angrily and returned to its master who immediately saw an immense opportunity as soon he saw the monkey's red face.

People were surprised to see a monkey with a red face. Overnight, the money became a star. It announced itself as the competitor to the Golden Dolphin with the same mouth that once spoke high about the Golden Dolphin. It started to plot over taking the place of the Golden Dolphin. Its master boosted that the era of the Golden Dolphin has come to an end and everybody preferred his monkey over the Golden Dolphin. They created an army of monkeys who were initially scared to enter the harbour area and asked them to spread false laurels about the Red Face Monkey. The monkey’s monkeys ravaged the peaceful surrounding the harbour with their filthy and stained mouths crying out loud 'Hail the Next King!' Hail the New King!'. In the evening, the monkey would mount a self-made stage and talk nonsense, but made its monkeys to cheer out loud making it look like everyone is enjoying its presence. Admits the self-proclaimed cheering, the Red Face Monkey organised the fall of the Golden Dolphin.

The monkey's master decided to go international. They both travelled on a boat to reach the other side. The other monkeysd stayed over the deck shouting out praises about the Red Face Monkey. A thunder followed by a storm wreaked their boat. Even though the monkey imitated the Golden Dolphin its entire life, it did not know to swim. Stealing someone else’s identity does not allow taking the talent along with. The monkey struggled to keep its head over the water by kicking all its four legs at the same time. To its surprise, the monkey suddenly started to float over the water. It found itself on top of the Golden Dolphin. The monkey grinned. It sat with pride while travelling on the back of the Golden Dolphin. It thought that the people would see it walking over the water and thus, it could attain the Demi-God status, just like the Golden Dolphin.

The Golden Dolphin gently slipped the monkey onto the harbour's deck. The crowd cheered, and the monkey waved back. The Golden Dolphin halted for a while looking with its deep calm eyes at the monkey. It whispered to the monkey, "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be". A moment later the Golden Dolphin dived back into the water and disappeared. The crowd cheered again, and the monkey ignored the Golden Dolphin and faced the gathered crowd. It was overwhelmed by the sound of the claps that it even forgot to thank the One who had saved its life. The new cheers that did not came from the monkey’s monkeys made the monkey think that it has achieved greater heights than the Golden Dolphin.

As the monkey started to walk holding its face high up towards the sky, a tiny pebble flew before it and landed on its nose. A moment later stone shower poured all over the monkey. Scared, the monkey ran to the covers while watching the crowd angrily stoning at it. It got behind a wall and on the opposite side there was shinny objet. The monkey looked at its own reflection on the mirror. Its face was no more painted red. The water had unmasked the monkey.

With its head hung down facing the ground and trembling with guilt and shame, the monkey walked past the laughing shadows. The monkey’s monkey was chased away from the harbour area and its master was nowhere to be found. It turned towards the sea and the Golden Dolphin swore high above the water and shot past the setting sun.

Stranger : Stealing someone else’s identity does not allow taking the talent along with. Be true. That’s the most beautiful of all colours which no paint can mask. I see light at the distance. Maybe, it’s a guest house where we can spend the night. A storm is coming.
    Last edited by mappi; 30th October 2018 at 08:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agnate Siblings

Stranger: The silence here is so loud! And of all great men, you are reading?

Siente: Fools have a habit of believing that everything written by a famous is admirable. For my part I read only to please myself and like only what suits my taste.

Stranger: Thoughts. Without them there are no feelings! You read to keep yourself young, isn't it?

Siente: Can I serve you some more tea?

Stranger: But the cup is full and is overflowing.

Siente: Like this cup you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I fill you unless you first empty your cup?

Stranger: I, then, empty my cup between my lips. Positive thought inside by emptying the negative thoughts.

Siente: Tell me what is Positive and that which is Negative. Is "All that I know is I know nothing" a negation as it holds "nothing" in it? Unless you define what is positive and what is negative, you can ignore none. People tend to advice without definitions, and those who follow the halfwit go through a tough time. Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to understand what is said and not said.

Stranger: I understand that if I talk about good and evil as illustrated in faith, I would have to listen to another lengthy sermon.

Siente: Polar opposites. Good and Evil. Positive and Negative. If One needs to decipher the Map of Life, he has to go through both the opposite ends. After the travel, he shall realise that they both are equally glacial. In that coldness he shall define them as agnate siblings. Oh! Stranger, listen to me when I speak, the end is for you to decide:

Garuda (large bird with eagle-like features) and Sesha (a thousand headed giant snake) are agnate siblings.

Their origins began when Rishi Kashyapa married sisters Kadru and Vinata. Kadru gave birth to a thousand black serpents while Vinata had a son Aruna who grew up to become the Sun's charioteer. On a sunny day, the sisters witnessed the celestial white horse Ucchaishrava flying in the sky. They admired the horse while commenting about its beautiful tail. Vinata praised Ucchaishrava's tail as white as the snow to which Kadru disagreed. The sisters entered into a wager. If the horse's tail was black as claimed by Kadru, then Vinata will serve her sister and her siblings for the rest of her life.

That evening, Kadru asked the serpent sons to hide under the tail of Ucchaishrava so that it shall look black. When the serpents refused, Kadru threatened them that she shall cast a curse on them to burn alive. Sacred the black snakes obliged and hid under the white tail of the celestial horse. The inspection that was carried out the next day proved Vinata wrong, thus, she served her sister and the serpents ever after.

Kadru spent her entire day by idling away the time while Vinata did the household. Vinata's closeness to Rishi Kashyapa yielded her a second child. As soon the baby was born, it swore high up in the sky flapping its white feathered wings that looked like flames feasting the wind. Looking at the beautiful child with fair feathers the Angels named it Suparna.

Suparna went in search of food for the whole family every day. He saw his step-mother and his step-brothers doing nothing but only his mother toiling hard. Upon enquiry Suparna learnt about the bet his mother had lost to Kudra.

Suparna spoke to his serpent brothers and asked them what he could do to release his mother from the contract. The serpents were always scared of their mother Kudra. They knew that their mother would burn them alive if they disobeyed her. So, they asked Suparna for immortality that could set them free from their mother’s clutches. They informed Suparna that with the power of his wings he could reach the God's Palace and bring them the divine nectar of immortality - The Amirtha. They warned Suparna that the palace shall be heavily guarded and that with his mighty shoulders he could shatter any obstacle.

Thus, Suparna travelled to the God's Palace fighting away many hurdles on the way and reached the room where Amirtha was stored. Suprana crossed all the barriers smashing the mechanical defence systems and finally fought with three Nagas who protected the Amirtha. The Birdman flew away with the pot containing the divine nectar.

The Palace was at chaos and the Gods ran to Lord Vishnu. Hearing that the Mysterious Bird did not consume Amirtha but was carrying it away, Lord Vishnu knew that the bird served a higher purpose. He appeared before Suprana who immediately subdued himself before the Supremo explaining to him his suituation. Pleased by the selfless act of Suprana Lord Vishnu offered him a boon of his choice. Thus, Suprana asked to be in an eternal position and to became the guardian of Lord Vishnu. The Supermo blessed Suprana as his vehicle and named him Garuda, the Agent of God.

Garuda defeated Lord Indra and his Dadhichi Vajra (an awesome weapon made out of Rishi Dadhichi's spine) who tried to stop him on his way back without taking any damage. After victory Garuda informed Lord Indra that he would shed a feather to honour the Great Fight. Moved by the greatness of Garuda, Lord Indra offered his help to liberate Vinata. Garuda requested two benefits from Lord Indra who readily accepted them: One, Garuda wished to take his vengeance by feeding on his serpent brothers. Two, as soon as Garuda puts down the pot in front of his serpent brothers, his task shall be complete irrespective whether they consume from it or not as they have asked only to bring the pot and not to wait till they taste Amirtha. Then, Lord Indra shall strike at the speed of a lightning and take the pot back to the God's Palace before the serpents could place their hands on it.

When Garuda put the nectar pot on the ground few drops of Amirtha fell over the Dharba grass. He asked his brothers to free his mother and then, do the rituals before consuming the Amirtha. Garuda left with his mother Vinata. While the serpents were getting ready, Lord Indra took the pot away. When the serpents returned after the ritual to consume the divine nectar of immortality, they were shocked to notice the missing pot. But they saw few drops of Amirtha over the grass. They tried to lick it from the grass with their tongue. Amitha made the Dharba grass strong that its rigid sharpness cut the snake’s tongue, thus, the serpents got split tongues. After returning his mother to a safe place, Garuda returned to massacre the serpents.

Garuda fought and killed all his nine hundred and ninety nine serpent brothers and left in search of the eldest, Sesha.

While all this was happening, Sesha, the eldest of the serpents, went to the jungle to penance not tolerating the cruelty done by his mother and brothers towards his step-mother and his agnate sibling. He was blessed by Lord Vishnu who accepted his plea to be the bed of the Lord floating over the ocean. The Supremo blessed Sesha as a spiritual being and Sesha sheltered the Lord with his thousand head.

Garuda could not touch Sesha. Being with the Lord revoked Garuda from killing Sesha. Since then, Garuda and Sesha wielded an unspoken war as whose devotion to their Master was greater. Lord Vishnu favoured Sesha that angered Garuda who considered his serpent brother evil and even after killing all his brothers, Garuda claims himself to be good.

Stranger: Positive or Negative. Good or Evil. The Self is the One that determines the polar opposites. A Judge of Self reasons the existence of the agnate siblings through the Trail of Life. None else can decide rather than the One who is the creator of the Self.

Dedicated to Uncle Stan
    (Stanley Martin Lieber 28/12/1922 - 12/11/2018).
    The more you read, the better you’re going to become as a storyteller – Stan Lee.
    Last edited by mappi; 15th November 2018 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    2.O - Agnate Siblings

The Garuda Origins is illustrated in the epic Mahabharata - Ch 14-35: Adi Parva & Astika Parva. There are several branch stories in the Garuda Origins which are all quite interesting. The Garuda episode is the most action packed in the epic marvel with all elements including fantasy and sci-fi, notably the defence mechanism protecting Amirtha. If its Hanuman in Ramayana, then, its Garuda in Mahabharatha. The Garuda Fight with the Nagas and flying away with Amirtha is presented as a rock carving in Garuda Wisnu Kencana Park, Bali - Indonesia.

So, how does all this connect with the film 2.O. The characters Chitti and 'Birdman' are agnate siblings born to the same father - Technology.

Enthiran (2010) is about creation where Vasegaran creates Chitti-the robot. Chitti designs himself later with the ability to create clones of himself. The 'Thousand Clones' have the equal power and energy as Chitti. In 2.O, Birdman is born with the collective force and energy of mobile phones.

Garuda against thousand serpents is what is the Monster Bird versus Thousand Chittis.

Apart from many wonderful aspects to be noted from the trailer, there are two fabulous features that stand out:

1/ Bringing the entire idea forefront through visuals is tremendous. Two super-powers born out of the same energy, yet unidentical. One has the power to convert its source into force, and the other, Chitti-the robot, who deploys his electrical power to create its own source. Chitti v1 fails. He is too naive to understand that he is unlimited. He becomes more Human and thinks Human - a clone of his Father Vasegaran. The Birdman continues his rampage mode gaining enormous capacity and durability from the millions of mobile phones he draws to power himself up. Projecting all these complicated elements and presenting it as a layman’s version is impeccable. Hats off to Shankar and his team. Even the Red and Blue symbols for Chitti Superhero Suit is simple - a capital C and electricity symbol loaded inside the curve (Chitti gains his power from electricity).

2/ The entire shot design is perfected to fit the 3D version. There is always an element that out pours itself from the screen. All the mobile phone flying up and hitting the screen, the Gaint bird approaching towards the audience, bullets spitting out of a thousand barrel gun and raining over the white canvas, the Birdman's wings caressing the faces of the viewers, so on so forth; everything punctuates to the effect that it shall provide to the larger experience while watching the film in 3D. Hats to all technicians involved, notably the cinematographer Nirav Shah, the special effects team and Rasul Pookutty for retaining the experience through optimal real time sounds. The makeup effects and the CGI surrounding Akshay Kumar's Birdman appearance is mind blowing. And ARR, the spiritual Music Master blazes his horns and rolls the drum while the violins shiver to agitate a sensitive feeling among the audience.

The first 3D film I saw (when I was a kid) was My Dear Kutti Sathan at AVM Rajeswari. I still remember rolling out my tongue to lick the cone ice cream that came just out of the screen and danced in front of me. When I see the 2D trailer, I am excited to imagine how great the 3D version would be.

I am fussy about DI, and that’s my problem which certainly does not impact the grandeur of 2.O. I am a kind of old school when it comes to colouring and effects, so no whining about it. I also felt that there is a lot of reverse motion effects thrown in. Too early to talk about it (and of course it’s too technical, so who cares anyway).

A motion picture should be viewed while it’s in motion. Pausing and finding errors in the frozen frame of the mammoth work accomplished by experienced minds points to the roadway to ignorance. While the picture is moving it is extravagant. And If anyone wondering why the visuals are bright - the digital processing is done to be viewed using dark 3D glasses. So, the normal version does look glossy, which truly makes me feel that the 3D version is going to set the screens on fire.

It needs a Greater Evil to defeat a Giant Evil.

2.O Trailer - Spectacles of Spectacle

Post Thanks / Like
    Dark of the Darkness - The Fifth Force

Stranger : I have heard about micracles. Religious men painting on canvas and turning it into a real scenary. But I wonder why there is no place for animals in their sanctuary. Isn't this world a place for every being - life or lifeless ?

Siente : Perphaps a fox can do such tricks. My miracle is that when I feel hungry, I eat, and when I feel thirsty, I drink. What you see does not exist. What you can't see cannot be defined. Don't be fooled by the act of a fool. The mind and sentient beings, after all, do not exist. The true nature of phenomena is emptiness. There is no realization, no delusion, no sage, no mediocrity. There is no giving and nothing to be received.

In your terms of being, yes, there is enough space for everyone and everything in this universe. This world, as it exists, is not just for humans.

Stranger : If nothing exist, where did the ego come from ? How bad such a matter can evolve!

Siente : However way you define the Bad and the Good, Ego is neither bad nor good. Ego did not evolve, but it helped in evolution. Ahamkara-the Ego, is the root cause of all creations. There are two states of bodies, one is physical and the other is psycho-spiritual. They both evolved using each other as subtler elements. One element gives birth to an entirely different element, thus they both co-exist. From clay comes the pot. Their co-existence permits the creation of yet another element totally different in properties. Thus, the creation carries on inside a predefined loop.

To understand the nature of Ego, one has to analyse how it came to existence and how it paved way from the evolution of other physical and conscious matters. Ahamkara-The Ego evolves from Mahat-The Intelligence which is the child of Purusha-The Consciousness. Once Ahamkara came to existence, the other elements Tanmatra-Subtle elements, Jnanendriay-Cognitive Senses, Bhutas-Gross Elements and Karmendriyas-Active instruments sprang out of Purusha-The Consiousness.

And then, first came the sound of nothingness, which then evolved into various other elements. Out of the feelings of the body, the structure of this universe is defined:

Space: Sound
    Wind: Sound + Touch
    Fire: Sound + Touch + Vision
    Water: Sound + Touch + Vision + Taste
    Earth: Sound + Touch + Vision + Taste + Smell

Each has its own subtler elements generating its own Mahat-The Intelligence, thus, impacting one another. Any Body, physical or conscious, having either or all these subtler elements within, have contributed to evolution and thus, have a space for themselves.

Two new elements came to existence: The True Ego and The False Ego - The Dark of the Darkness.

Stranger : True Ego and False Ego ? What could be the difference if both are simply Ego? My mind refuses to believe in Dualism.

Siente : Dualism and Non-Dualism are two eyes of consciousness. Both experiences lead directly to the centre. Their path is defined by the Ego of the Mind itself. Like Omnism and Athesim. And to be real they both do not exist. These elements are created through the Ego, that affects the intelligence - When Ahamkara rules Mahat. It blocks the way up to Purusha-the consiouness.

Simply put, 'I am' is Ego. What follows 'I am' defines its Trueness or Falseness. "I am" followed by a materialistic matter constitutes in the building of an element that does not exist. I am Thamizhan is a False Ego that triggers pride which is a part of desire, thus, the body starts turning in round and refuses to evolve.

Stranger : Then, Who Am I ?

Siente : That's the True quest you have been put on this earth to find. Listen O! Wise Mind, when our desire is pure, then we’ll fully experience Ananda—The Unending. Satisfaction is the root cause of False Ego. You are more than your true success. Strive for the higher and never stop with materialistic gains. This world will preach falsehood as that’s where the preacher has stopped experiencing and sits upon the mountain of False Ego. Continue to work harder by crushing the False Ego as how sound is crushed by the deaf ears and eventually your conscious will open newer ways to taste Ananda.

Stranger : The physical forces, how so they contribute?

Seinte : Gravity-Grounded. Electromagnetism-Energy from an outer source, The Weak Nuclear-Sleeping Force and The Strong Nuclear-Applied Force. All these energies act as directives and impact the Trueness or Falseness.

Stranger : Isn't there a Fifth Force ?

Seinte : Yes there is. And it goes by the name - The God Particle.

Last edited by mappi; 20th November 2018 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Grey Wolf, The Greedy Lion, The Grim Fox
    (The Good, The Bad, The Ugly)

The kingdom fell in darkness, and shadows ruled the light.

By the sign of dawn, the knight was on.
    He rode up like a savior, when every hope was gone.
    The beast will be won, when his deed is done.
    And He shall bring us to life, the Super One.

The King of the Jungle, after vigorous tests and interviews, recruited two ministers. The Wolf and the Fox stood either side of the Lion when he presented the new appointees to the People of the Jungle.

The Wolf was everyone's favorite. His two colored ears - One grey and the other snow white - attracted everyone towards him. His friendliness gained him confidence among the people and his valiance obtained him the surname 'Terror of the Jungle' all over the kingdom. He never wished to become a leader, but became the Super One to serve the people without the burden of a crown decorating his head. The Wolf loved his king and served him with loyalty. He brought the people's pleas to the Lion’s ears and toiled to find solutions that could turn the Jungle into a paradise.

On the other hand, the Fox, being intelligent, plotted to over throw the King and become the Ruler of the Jungle. His sweet talks made him the King's favorite, but his attempts to take over the kingdom failed due to the interference of the Wolf. The Fox understood that until the Wolf served the Lion and the People, he can never become the King.

One day the Wolf saved the King from a fatal attack. Upon investigation the Wolf found out the conspiracy that was led by the Fox to over throw the Lion. The Wolf averted the King immediately and explained the long history of plotting devised by the Fox against the Lion.

The Lion was a bit hesitant. He was unable to judge whether the Wolf was accusing the Fox out of jealousy. Moreover, the Lion did not want to anger his intelligent minister. There is a scarce for brave men like the Wolf, but an intelligent minister like the Fox is a rare kind, thought the King. He preferred the Fox over the Wolf. But being suspicious about the Fox’s actions and secrecy, the Lion kept a watch over the Fox. If the Fox was guilty he would tear him into pieces with his sharp nails; and if he found the Wolf lying, he would advise him and persuade him to work together with the Fox, asserted the King to himself. The Wolf and the Fox combo were extraordinarily unique and he wished to have them both on his sides.

The Fox started to behave normally without letting out a clue that he knew, through his spies, the Wolf had indeed reported to the Lion about his plans. The Fox waited for the right moment to strike. He knew that until the Wolf is alive, the throne would be forever a dream for him.

As time passed by and the Wolf kept both his eyes on the Fox, the Lion fell sick, horribly sick. All the medicines of cure did not work and his body failed to respond. That night the Fox came to visit the Lion in his den. Under the dimly lit torch the Fox spoke softly, "O! King of Kings. I have travelled far and found a remedy that can cure your fatal illness. Not only it shall put you back on your feet, but can give you immortality. You shall become The King of Kings - forever!"

The Lion's eyes grew bigger, filled with greediness. "I am listening Fox", he growled weakly.

"The pelt of a wolf, my majesty", whispered the Fox; "Enveloping yourself under the pelt of the wolf whose ears are two colored shall bring you back in form as never before!", grinned the Fox under the orange light. "But My Lord, the wolf must be skinned alive. Its agony embedded in the pelt is the real magic cure." The shadow of the Fox swore high touching the ceiling of the den while he thrusted his cruel plan upon the King.

The Lion, completely mesmerized by the words of the Fox, ordered the kill. He sent out a team of deadly tigers to hunt down the Wolf and bring back his pelt. The Fox frowned under the moon light when the King passed the deadly order.

The Fox sat beside the Lion impatiently waiting for the news from the tigers when he heard chaos outside the den. Thinking the end of the Wolf had finally knocked the doors of fortune, the Fox assisted the Lion to walk to the entrance by lending his shoulder. Each tiny step, the crown of the Lion glittered in eyes of the Fox.

When the Lion and the Fox exited the den, they were shocked to see the obedient Wolf, victim of time and leader by destiny, siting at the center surrounded by the people of the jungle; the tigers were nowhere seen.

*playing Petta Theme*

"Naan veezhven endru ninaithayo!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Strength of Stillness

The serpent coils itself three times around His neck; each coil representing time - the past, the present and the future respectively. Its hood is erect above His right shoulder signifing stillness - a state of rest and activation of strength that goes along with heightened mental alertness.

And then, there he sat as still as the night, with a gun as erect as the hood of the cobra at his right, surrounded by the fog of time.

The cloud of red crawls behind him, a burst of orange mingles with it in the middle and paves way to the density of green that awaits him ahead of his feet.

The past is represented as the red cloud behind his head denoting the mixed memories of love and anger. His background is associated with strong emotions with courage, strength and power. It inspires desire with a strong link to sexuality.

The present is the burst of orange spreading from his chair indicating his current position with the encouragement to move on that provides excitement, warmth and enthusiasm. The orange provides him an appeal in the social circle and allows young people around him.

The future lies ahead as a pasture of green signifies growth and health. It provides peace and is just a step ahead of him. The fertile environment waits to provide him rest along with secure feeling.

And then there he sat, holding a gun in his hand and transcending the limits of thoughts; debating within whether to turn around to take the Path of Revenge, or stay placid over the Hill of Peacefulness, or climb up the Stairs of Serenity.

Petta - Choice is Yours