Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    I did not know Rajini and ameee khan acted together already!!!

23/ Aatank Hi Aatank (1995)

***Aatank Hi Aatank (‘95) was produced by director Dilip Shankar’s wife, Mangal. Initially, they had thought of naming it Aatank, and had planned to cast Shah Rukh Khan and Rajinikanth in the lead roles. However, their dates were not matching, and finally, Dilip and Mangal Shankar approached Aamir Khan, for Shah Rukh Khan’s role. Aamir agreed to do the film. This is the only film in which Aamir Khan and Rajinikanth have been seen, together.[1]***

I have seen the film, vaguely remember the story though ... Amir is a big fan of RK !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    I have seen the film, vaguely remember the story though ... Amir is a big fan of RK !
    I think they just have respect for each other.
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Regular Hubber Poornima's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***Aatank Hi Aatank
    Aatank hi aatank.jpg
    Directed by Dilip Shankar
    Produced by Xavier Marquis
    (Presenter)
    Mangal
    Written by Dilip shankar
    Based on The Godfather
    by Mario Puzo***

The say it is inspired from the Godfather! Need to watch this movie!
    you haven't missed much.
    a forgettable remake. rajini plays the Sonny Corleone character, elder brother to AK's michael.
    incidentally, aamir has been vocal about his admiration for rajini. I think around the Dil period, there was an interview in The Week where AK listed him among his favourites.
    “You know how you're always trying to get things to come out perfect in art because it's real difficult in life.”

5. Thanks thamiz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ah, just found a more recent one.

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/celeb...vous-1.1268242

Is there anyone in Tamil cinema that you admire?

I am a big fan of Rajinikanth. After watching two of his films, I fell in love with him. Then I had the pleasure of working with him on a film. I was thrilled and nervous initially. I found him to be an amazing person. It was an enriching experience watching him the way he conducted, so warm and loving and unstar like. He was a thorough professional, extremely punctual and knew all the lines all the time.
    “You know how you're always trying to get things to come out perfect in art because it's real difficult in life.”

7. Thanks thamiz thanked for this post
    Likes thamiz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poornima View Post
    ah, just found a more recent one.

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/celeb...vous-1.1268242

Is there anyone in Tamil cinema that you admire?

I am a big fan of Rajinikanth. After watching two of his films, I fell in love with him. Then I had the pleasure of working with him on a film. I was thrilled and nervous initially. I found him to be an amazing person. It was an enriching experience watching him the way he conducted, so warm and loving and unstar like. He was a thorough professional, extremely punctual and knew all the lines all the time.
    Thanks, Poornima!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poornima View Post
    you haven't missed much.
    a forgettable remake. rajini plays the Sonny Corleone character, elder brother to AK's michael.
    incidentally, aamir has been vocal about his admiration for rajini. I think around the Dil period, there was an interview in The Week where AK listed him among his favourites.
    Sonny huh?

I am glad he did not accept "fredo role"!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aatank Hi Aatank (Terror 'O' Terror)

Aatank Hi Aatank is the Desi Adaptation of Mario Puzzo's Godfather (but Dilip Shankar (director) takes the credit for writing the Hindi Version). Most of the characters and suituations are retained from the original, where the main story advances following the actions & its consequeses of the few principle characters :

Character - Aatank Hi Aatank / The Godfather

The Father - Shiv Sharma / Papa Corleone
    The 1st Son - Munna / Sunny (played by Rajinikanth)
    The Daughter - Radha / Connie
    The Second Son - Rohan / Michael (played by Amir Khan)
    Munna / Sunny 's wife- Razia / Sandra (played by Archana Joglekar)
    Rohan / Michael 's wife - (Neha / Apollonia (played by Juhi Chawla)
    Radha / Connie 's husband - (Carlo Rizzi as Robert)
    Heroin Trafficker - Advani / Virgil Sollozzo

Other characters like Sollozzo, Captain Marc, Rocco, Tattaglia Crime Family are all present representing the 'cob-webbed' roles in families, friends and foes.

Archana Joglekar is actually a mix of Lucy & Sandra, stirred to bring in the Desi Flavour (with songs included). And the marriage episodes are retained, chopping the affairs part. On the other hand, Sunny's background is slightly altered too, making him an orphan adopted by the family, which is actually Tom (Robert Duvall) who is the lawyer in the original. Also, in the Desi adaption most of the Flash Backs of Sunny episodes are put together, to have a continuity leading to the climax.

Rajini looks like he is fresh from Thalapathy, where 'Surya' roams around with turtle neck inner over colorful blazzers (the blue one will be fantastic) with dark shade sun glasses. The earlier crime episodes will be sleek where he does buisness by just snapping his fingers. Then, he discusses buisness affairs & finds out the danger within. His affair with Razia is the main highlight of the film, where he stroms in and takes her away, tigerring the whole Mafia revenge affair. Starring with the sensational couple - Amir & Juhi, the reach for the film was expected to be huge. Another favoring factor of the film is the 'wet saree' appearence of Juhi for a song, a trend that hit any Bollywood Film of that period.

Aatank Hi Aatank also is a mile-stone in Indian Cinema, as several movies took the Desi essence from it concentrating more on the Father-Son-Drug Lord. Sarkar duology is spun around the same plot, with a wonderful RGV touch (the openeing of Sarkar is what Amerigo Bonasera asks Papa Corleone to avenge his daughter's death in God Father). Even if Aatank Hi Aatank is a 2 decade old movie, it was massacred by Bappi Lahari (during the intro of Rajini, you can smell the IR beats from Thalapathi 'Rakamma Kaiya Thattu') and at a certain extent by Dillip Shankar himself. It is very badly cut and narrated film with a very weak grip, and wounding it futher is the ending where Razia/Sandra is seen (shown) seeking revenge by the side of Rohan / Michael. Moreover, even though Amir's does an extended cameo, he appears as a Italian Mafia roaming in Bombay.

The motive of the film is certainly because of the trend, and its wide acceptence by the audience in depicting Violence. Bollywood was awestuck with RGV's Shiva and were not able to come out of 'Hammer-Killing' by Nayagan and 'Chopping Hand' from Thalapathi. So Aatank Hi Aatank is made to look raw and violent. Moreover the vibrations from the South, resonated up in the North is the reason (I think) for casting Rajini.

Special Mention :

1/The sub-plot carrying Munna, his sister Radha & her husband Robert can be found in the film Annamalai.

2/ The movie is mentioned in the book - 'Film Sequels: Theory and Practice from Hollywood to Bollywood' By Carolyn Jess-Cooke.

Spoiler: 
    Aatank Hi Aatank is one of the rare movie where there is no Rajini Climax, like Nannum vazha Vaipein, Bewafai, Geraftaar etc.,

With an awesome casting, the film was released with a large fun & affair, but failed miserably. Aatank Hi Aatank is for fans who would like to see Vintage Rajini in Style.

Rajini Title Card

146. Aatank Hi Aatank (1995)
    Leading Actor

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mappi; 24th October 2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Added Title Card
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't stop remembering BalramNaidu's ஆதங்க்கவாதி (terrorist) in Dasa!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Aatank Hi Aatank (Terror 'O' Terror)

Aatank Hi Aatank is the Desi Adaptation of Mario Puzzo's Godfather (but Dilip Shankar (director) takes the credit for writing the Hindi Version). Most of the characters and suituations are retained from the original, where the main story advances following the actions & its consequeses of the few principle characters :

Character - Aatank Hi Aatank / The Godfather

The Father - Shiv Sharma / Papa Corleone
    The 1st Son - Munna / Sunny (played by Rajinikanth)
    The Daughter - Radha / Connie
    The Second Son - Rohan / Michael (played by Amir Khan)
    Munna / Sunny 's wife- Razia / Sandra (played by Archana Joglekar)
    Rohan / Michael 's wife - (Neha / Apollonia (played by Juhi Chawla)
    Radha / Connie 's husband - (Carlo Rizzi as Robert)
    Heroin Trafficker - Advani / Virgil Sollozzo

Other characters like Sollozzo, Captain Marc, Rocco, Tattaglia Crime Family are all present representing the 'cob-webbed' roles in families, friends and foes.

Archana Joglekar is actually a mix of Lucy & Sandra, stirred to bring in the Desi Flavour (with songs included). And the marriage episodes are retained, chopping the affairs part. On the other hand, Sunny's background is slightly altered too, making him an orphan adopted by the family, which is actually Tom (Robert Duvall) who is the lawyer in the original. Also, in the Desi adaption most of the Flash Backs of Sunny episodes are put together, to have a continuity leading to the climax.

Rajini looks like he is fresh from Thalapathy, where 'Surya' roams around with turtle neck inner over colorful blazzers (the blue one will be fantastic) with dark shade sun glasses. The earlier crime episodes will be sleek where he does buisness by just snapping his fingers. Then, he discusses buisness affairs & finds out the danger within. His affair with Razia is the main highlight of the film, where he stroms in and takes her away, tigerring the whole Mafia revenge affair. Starring with the sensational couple - Amir & Juhi, the reach for the film was expected to be huge. Another favoring factor of the film is the 'wet saree' appearence of Juhi for a song, a trend that hit any Bollywood Film of that period.

Aatank Hi Aatank also is a mile-stone in Indian Cinema, as several movies took the Desi essence from it concentrating more on the Father-Son-Drug Lord. Sarkar duology is spun around the same plot, with a wonderful RGV touch (the openeing of Sarkar is what Amerigo Bonasera asks Papa Corleone to avenge his daughter's death in God Father). Even if Aatank Hi Aatank is a 2 decade old movie, it was massacred by Bappi Lahari (during the intro of Rajini, you can smell the IR beats from Thalapathi 'Rakamma Kaiya Thattu') and at a certain extent by Dillip Shankar himself. It is very badly cut and narrated film with a very weak grip, and wounding it futher is the ending where Razia/Sandra is seen (shown) seeking revenge by the side of Rohan / Michael. Moreover, even though Amir's does an extended cameo, he appears as a Italian Mafia roaming in Bombay.

The motive of the film is certainly because of the trend, and its wide acceptence by the audience in depicting Violence. Bollywood was awestuck with RGV's Shiva and were not able to come out of 'Hammer-Killing' by Nayagan and 'Chopping Hand' from Thalapathi. So Aatank Hi Aatank is made to look raw and violent. Moreover the vibrations from the South, resonated up in the North is the reason (I think) for casting Rajini.

Special Mention :

1/The sub-plot carrying Munna, his sister Radha & her husband Robert can be found in the film Annamalai.

2/ The movie is mentioned in the book - 'Film Sequels: Theory and Practice from Hollywood to Bollywood' By Carolyn Jess-Cooke.

Spoiler: 
    Aatank Hi Aatank is one of the rare movie where there is no Rajini Climax, like Nannum vazha Vaipein, Bewafai, Geraftaar etc.,

With an awesome casting, the film was released with a large fun & affair, but failed miserably. Aatank Hi Aatank is for fans who would like to see Vintage Rajini in Style.
    Thanks, mappi.

I dont think I ever watched any Rajini hindi films.

He was always treated as a "second hero" there which lots of people did not like it.

Even Kamalahaasan used to advise Rajini not to take "second hero" roles in hindi. For some reason Rajini was not that much concerned and did do movies like this>

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, mappi.

I dont think I ever watched any Rajini hindi films.

He was always treated as a "second hero" there which lots of people did not like it.

Even Kamalahaasan used to advise Rajini not to take "second hero" roles in hindi. For some reason Rajini was not that much concerned and did do movies like this>
    he used to repeat in his interviews to national dailies that he treated Hindi films as "picnics". not much responsibility on business because most of them were multi-starrers. plus good money, good friends.

Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast