Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest News on Tamil Cinema

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest News on Tamil Cinema

Use this thread to update latest news & Information on Tamil Cinema. The news could be from other websites but should pertain to Tamil films. This thread could solve the needs of the casual hubber who simply wants to know the latest in Tamil film industry. Strictly No chatting and personal comments on this thread please.. Just stick to posting news and information.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Truth or Just a Guess?

Shankar’s films always stir curiosity.

Rajinikanth’s movies too always keep the conjectures flowing.

Naturally then when the duo has come together, the guessing game is even more pronounced.

Kollywood is agog with conjectures that Rajinikanth's Sivaji is an inspiration of a Malayalam movie titled Natu Vazhikal.

It is about an honest police officer father and his angry young son. The son embarks on a mission to avenge the killers of his father.

But there is no way of confirming the news.

Sivaji directed by Shankar for AVM Production is reportedly going to floors on 14 December at Hyderabad where a grand set has been erected.

Featuring Rajinikanth, Shreya, Vivek among others, Sivaji has musical score by A R Rehman and cinematography by K V Anand.

Meanwhile Rajinikanth had reportedly expressed his desire that the movie should not have any political dialogues.

A major portion of the movie would be shot in a grand set while a few songs in abroad.

The movie had a simple muhurat last week

Post Thanks / Like

Paramasivan to be released for Pongal

Paramasivan` gets green signal
    By Moviebuzz
    Wednesday, 07 December , 2005, 13:15
    Is ‘Nic Arts’ S.S.Chakravarthy still trying to sabotage Ajit’s career? Chakravarthy was Ajit’s “Man Friday” and ‘best friend’ who used to produce most of the Ajit films. But their relationship turned sour after the actor started concentrating more on his racing career.

More than a year back, Chakravarthy and Ajit along with K.S Ravikumar started Godfather with a lot of fanfare. But this ambitious project seemed to be jinxed from day-one as Chakravarthy faced serious financial problems.

The shooting of Godfather was delayed as Chakravarthy did not have money even to pay daily wages to junior artists! Finally, after giving nearly 150 days for the project, Ajit decided to turn professional by signing two new projects with reputed banners and directors.

His Paramasivan directed by P.Vasu is almost complete and is slated for Pongal 2006 release. But now Chakravarthy has thrown a new spanner in the project as he has gone to producer’s council and said that Paramasivam should release only after Godfather!

A meeting of producers, financiers and distributors of Ajit films was held last Sunday to sort out the issue. But Chakravarthy could not convince the council on his intentions and Paramasivan has been given green signal to release on January 14. So this Pongal will see the long awaited clash of Vijay (Aadi) and Ajit (Paramasivan ) at the Tamilnadu box-office!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thiru,

But the Parmasivan post sa it's own thread called Thala's Paramasivan, where news pertining to parmasivan is posted. It's better that way because it only has things pertaining to Paramasivan, where as here there would be things from Shivaji, Kushboo Controversy, etc. I mean, isn't it much better to have ONE thread for one film rather than conslidatng everything into one thread?

Regards.
    Back after a while...

Member Junior Hubber mirattalji's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mr. Thiru, Any idea on when the much expected audios of paramasivam and gfather wud be released..?
    Aalwar Aazhwaaar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Thiru,

But the Parmasivan post sa it's own thread called Thala's Paramasivan, where news pertining to parmasivan is posted. It's better that way because it only has things pertaining to Paramasivan, where as here there would be things from Shivaji, Kushboo Controversy, etc. I mean, isn't it much better to have ONE thread for one film rather than conslidatng everything into one thread?

Regards.
    Surya, This is the cover-all thread. its not going to be restricted to movies and news about certain actors alone. This thread can be used to convey any Tamil film news either be it comedian 'Muthukalai's marriage or IT raids on different actors houses or the suicide attempt of some producer. You guys can still post stuff on the appropriate film threads and discuss it there but this is for the casual hubber who is not interested to go through pages and pages of ajith-vijay clashes in the respective movie threads.. Any contributions from the regulars in this forum is really appreciated..

Post Thanks / Like

Sequel to Pulan Visaranai

R K Selvamani is busy with his Pulan Visaranai II. His comeback movie starring Prashanth in lead role will go to floors very soon.

Asked why Prashanth in the place of Vijayakanth, Selvamani says, 'my first choice was 'Captain'. However he was busy with his political work. I turned to Prashanth, with whom I have worked before'.

'Almost half-a-decade ago, I decided to do a sequel to Pulan Visaranai. It materialised only now. I am confident that this movie would make up for my absence so far from Kollywood'.

Will Roja act in Pulan Visaranai II?

No was his reply. My wife is busy with her political work in Andhra Pradesh. I don't want to disturb her, says Selvamani.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Thiru,

Regards.
    Surya, This is the cover-all thread. its not going to be restricted to movies and news about certain actors alone. This thread can be used to convey any Tamil film news either be it comedian 'Muthukalai's marriage or IT raids on different actors houses or the suicide attempt of some producer. You guys can still post stuff on the appropriate film threads and discuss it there but this is for the casual hubber who is not interested to go through pages and pages of ajith-vijay clashes in the respective movie threads.. Any contributions from the regulars in this forum is really appreciated..
    Ok, Gotcha!!
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Swarnamalya on a different role
    IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 09, 2005]

Who said Swarnamalya can only play glamour roles? She performed Bharathanatyam in Chennai much to the surprise of many last week.

She had an impressive career as a television personality before marriage and a subsequent divorce played havoc. She had spent almost a year preparing for her dance drama based on Tamil epic - Silapadhikaram and played the title role of Madhavi.

She also plans to take the presentation to the US, Canada, UK and Sri Lanka. The actress performed as part of the ongoing December Music festival in Chennai last Wednesday.

She says, 'Bharathanatyam has been my childhood passion. Having learned Bharathanatyam in a professional way since my school days, I have been giving performances now and then'.

'I am planning to embark on a dance tour to abroad', she says.

All the best Swarnamalya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Madras to Mozart
    IndiaGlitz [Sunday, December 11, 2005]

From a humble beginning in Roja, A R Rehman has come a long way.

Not just in Tamil, but he has made his presence felt in every other language thanks to his excellent musical score. He has taken even China and London by surprise. No wonder accolades came his way for his good show.

The news now is that Rehman would be scoring music for a movie based on musician and a great composer Mozart's life story.

Mozart has an unmistakable influence on music lovers all over the world. His genius has inspired several modern day composers. A film is being produced jointly by an NRI in collaboration with a Australian firm.

A R Rehman has been urged to compose music for the movie.

However the latter has not confirmed it.

Anyway, Rehman himself is referred to as the Mozart of Madras. So it will be apt if he indeed accepts the movie.

Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast