Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamitabh | Maestro | Amitabh | Dhanush | Balki | P. C. Sreeram

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which is part of the problem and I don't know that either the listener or Ilayaraja can do much about that. People are indeed attached to the 80s IR sound and (a) they find it difficult to accept anything else from him and (b) at the same time, don't want to be reminded of his old compositions when they listen to the new ones. It's a battle he can't win!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    my retake on Shamitabh:
    sha sha mi mi - interludes are class!

I wish a director with a good taste for music in Bollywood works with IR and demands fresh music and not like Balki requesting rehashes.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragun View Post
    Synths, computers, loops, etc. are just tools that can either be used well or used poorly, depending on who is using them. They're not magic boxes that automatically produce great music. In the hands of capable composers and programmers, electronics are capable of producing some evocative sounds and soundscapes not possible with acoustic instruments.

I didn't grow up listening to a ton of 80s IR music, so I am still discovering a lot of those gems, but there are some 80s albums that I have recently heard for the first time and listened to over and over as if they were brand new albums. Perhaps I have the baggage of liking the overall 80s IR sound, even if don't have the baggage of those specific albums.

Last week downloaded from Itunes...Uravadam Nenjam- Oru Naal unnodu oru Naal getting mad after countless listening and sound look like digitalised ? can somebody confirm this

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    k_vanan,

Digital came only during the 90's. Cassettes during the 60s and vinyl records during the 30s.

Uravadam Nenjam belongs to 1976. The format would be a wide cassete release with huge vinly record production. Both would have been available in the retail market. If you are hearing it on your computer or any other digital equipement, rest assured that its been digitalised.

Digitalisation is a process of converting any format and making it available as digital format. The hardware consits of the intial format's player, in this case a vinyl record or cassete player, a port that allows a standard player to pass its signal/output, a receiver, in most cases a laptop using USB ports. Once all are plugged in, a software is launched in the digital equipement which extracts the necessary output from the record player and stores it in a format readable by digital equipements. For more hi-tech outpout, computer audio interfaces are used between the hardwares and specific connections are made to get leveled outputs.

But how enhanced it is depends on the person who digitalises it. The input is more important than the output as it becomes a base material. Corrections can be done without tampering the master sounds and it can also be enhanced through channeling to bring out a larger hearing experience. It needs enourmous passion and devotion to do it, which is not the case now, they just do an extraction, bundle it and upload it. Many of IR works are getting tampered.

Myself, would wish to setup a large production unit (and an IR library) which extracts the sounds and assemble it to suit the digital format through which the sound production of IR does not become artificial but capture exactly what he wished to record in the tapes. Immense talent is needed to understand, decipher and channalise the sounds, tunes, rythms, beats, etc., IR has produced. Its not only a costly, but a tedious process.

If iTune proposes a song, I am confident that they have done justice in digitalising it, as I have listened to couple of songs on iPod - (not my favourite, mine is still vinyl records with all the customary noises which itself become an awesome sound) - and was awed by its clarity.

And Oru Naal Unnodu from Uravadam Nenjam is a fantastic song.
    Last edited by mappi; 30th January 2015 at 03:23 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mappi

Look like digitalised with original sound. Try to find out 70's & 80's songs with same quality but couldn't get

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a site shared by K sometime back : honeybeemusicstudio.com

You have to call them and find out how they are proposing their product (CD or MP3 or ...), catalog & shipment.

EDIT : Their office is at Coimbatore. Click 'contact' to get more informations. And check the comments here : http://honeybeemusicstudio.com/blog.html
    Last edited by mappi; 30th January 2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stereophonic Sannata picturisation:

http://www.filmsofindia.com/news/491...from-shamitabh

Need to see the movie to understand why it is picturised on Dhanush (Akshara appears only in the end)! This video does not not have the second interlude (i especially liked the guitar part). Even the first interlude is a little cut here and there!

thanks,

Krishnan

9. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shamitabh audio launch program on Vijay TV on 1st Feb at 3pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/46074657.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    anything on Shamitabh's background score now that its released in India?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be watching it on Sunday. Limited release here (1st show was yesterday and the next on Sunday.)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast