Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ஸ்வப்னம் - நாட்டிய இசைப்பாமாலை

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree. Had spent good time to listen to Swappnam and it transported me to a completely different world. Who in this world can display two extreme mood reactions between Swappnam and Shamitabh. It's like having multi-personality orderliness to the greatest level.

Coming to Swappnam, the first song sweeps you out of your seats. How on earth did he manage to get to the carnatic scale from a pure western classical is something that I am still trying to understand. Very good mix of hindustani and carnatic classical interspersed with beautiful western classical. I am too low a person even to comment on this album. My respect for IR has grown leaps and bounds after listening to these albums over the weekend.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    https://soundcloud.com/palakkadsreer...or-krithika-ji

A Special Track From Swappnam which is not in the Audio CD.
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to it only in bits and pieces venkkiram. Could not devote dedicated time to listen to all songs. But, whatever I have listened, I already know that this album is a treasure. Need to experience more to write more about the album.

Look at SWAPPNAM and SHAMITABH albums. Diverse. I still remember the first time I heard the song "Hodadhavane" from a kannada movie. Could not believe it was from him. Later I heard the two songs from "OM SHANTI OM" telugu movie. I think it is the title song and Ottesi Chebutha (though not completely club / disco type). He still had some stamp of his. I remember the song "Rekka Katti parakkudhu" (Valmiki??). Look at the way he seamlessly interplays/integrates two forms of music, a band kind of music (with trumpets) and nadaswaram (or shehnai kind) based in the interludes along with amazing rhythm. One cannot stop admiring his openness to various forms of music and his dedication to innovate/experiment.

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/palakkadsreer...or-krithika-ji

A Special Track From Swappnam which is not in the Audio CD.
    Thanks K, what a song!!!. Palakad Sreeram rendered very well!.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஸ்வப்னம் ஒரு வழியாய் ஐடியூன்சில் டவுன்லோட் செய்து கேட்டேன். சாஸ்த்ரீய சங்கீத அறிவு சற்றும் இல்லாத என்னை போன்றவர்கள் மனதில் எளிதில் ஒட்டிக்கொள்ளும் கிளாசிக் ஆல்பம். ராஜா சார் என்றைக்குமே ராஜா தான், ஆயிரம் சொல்லுங்க.

ஒரு வித தயக்கத்துடனே ஒரு மாத காலத்துக்கும் மேலாய் காத்திருந்து கேட்டதன் பலன், சென்ற வார இறுதி நாட்கள் வேகமாய் நகர்ந்து விட்டது.

7. Likes K liked this post
    Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am hooked on to the Swapnam songs. Addicted. IR is a genius and one of the greatest talents from India.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

காணொளியை பார்க்கும்போதே பரவசத்தில் மெய்யுருகி கண் வழியே நீர் எட்டிப்பார்க்கிறது. அப்படியொரு சுகானுபவம். இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நேரடியாக அரங்கத்தில் பார்த்து கண்டு கழித்தவர்கள் நிலை எப்படி இருந்திருந்தும் என்பதை உணர முடிகிறது. காணொளியின் கடைசியில் ராஜா பேசும் அத்தனை வார்த்தைகளும் சிறப்பு.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12