Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Surya in Mass's

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the film with family. Everyone liked it. This is an arena where there is lot of scope for spoofs and VP has Underplayed. Nice masala made out of sixth sense. But it the archaic flashback and story that makes it feel lost when it comes to being a better movie compared to a normal masala. Go with an open mind and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched it-maga mookai...dont know how suriya selecting this kind of half baked scripts...even his acting is below par in this one.. surely anjaan is a better film than this....VP linguku supportku varum bothae light ha doubt irunduthu...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Just curious.. does all BR reviews matched with your views on all movies?? Here is his take on Kathhi for example..“KATHTHI”… BENEATH THE FLAB, SOME SOLID MASALA MOMENTS..
    Not necessarily bro. Why should my all views match with Rangan's? If it's the case, I would copy paste his reviews here instead of posting mine. Wouldn't I?

The context in which I quoted his review here is to prove that it's not only me who didn't like the movie but there are a few more ppl in the world who don't actually belong to the 'You know who' group who've given a thumbs down.

Just because someone is fan of an actor, branding him as one with an agenda when he posts a 'not so good' review is what irks me. Why feel so insecure about an individual's take on a film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber vithagan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post

Just because someone is fan of an actor, branding him as one with an agenda when he posts a 'not so good' review is what irks me. Why feel so insecure about an individual's take on a film?
    Idhu kaalankaalama irukka culture dhaana Kamal padathukku rajini fans not so good review potta.. idhe kutrachattu dhaan varum.. and vice versa..
    Can you frankly tell this has not happened when Vijay movie got released?
    வாழு! வாழ விடு!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    Can you frankly tell this has not happened when Vijay movie got released?
    I am quite sure that it has not happened. During Kaththi release, a few posts from non Vijay fans pointed out that he shud improve on his crying skills, he shud change his transgender like action in comedy scenes. People took it sportively.

//Fights do happen though during any movie release and the usual suspects are dealt with accordingly. By that's a different case. That was not for posting reviews but for unnecessary provocations like posting theatre seat count screenshots, name callings, etc //
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

7. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maasu engira maasilamani - predictable but entertaining at same time.

Its Surya show all the way, make no space for co artists, if I was a surya fan I'd love to see him appear in almost each scene in the movie. But what could be better than 1 Surya? 2 Suryas, whoa double delight for Surya fans. Great cameo appearance by Nayanthara and Pranitha btw. How Venkat Prabhu made "Maanga" Premji appear less irritating remains a mystery that sherlock holmes cant solve either. Maybe this movie has too many characters to keep track of, thats what I felt about the ghost characters. Villains seem very vague, which is not surprising in tamil masala movie, but I wish they were more equal to hero, instead of being punch bags.

Yuvans bgm is very good, but not that it should overshadow the dialogues, sound technicians ought to take care of this detail. Songs not that impressive, but cadeau for the thriller tribute song "poochandi".

This movie is meant to be a family entertainer, they want to make kids watch the movie, but I think they forgot that with the intro song where the dancers appear half naked and with the overdose of violence. Dont make sexy appearance and violence as a selling factor to a "family oriented "movie cinema industry.

Despite the flaws, you can still enjoy the movie as a Surya fan or Yuvan fan, but not as VP fan, he could have made the movie look a lot better IMO. Venkat Prabhu hits a 3'er
    God bless all

9. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it. Strictly ok but there is no concrete screenplay and VP has let loose in many places. This is probably his weakest till date and nowhere near Chennai 28 - Saroja level. I liked his last, Biriyani more than this. Premgi is mixed with his comedies but continues to irritate regardless. Some time pass here and there but overall depiction is confusing and half baked.

For Suriya's he's ok. Mathvanga waste. I know it's running below avg in US and Sat collections did not increase. Ingey kaathu vaangathu. Guess horror comedy doesn't sell well. Maybe it will run better than Anjaan, but I doubt Singam 2 level collection.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    அஜீத்துக்கு காமெடியன், விஜய்க்கு ஹீரோவா? - மாசு படத்தால் கொந்தளிக்கும் அஜீத், விஜய் ரசிகர்கள் - webulagan

மாசு படத்தில் வழக்கம்போல தனது நகாசு மற்றும் ஜிகினா வேலைகளை கொஞ்சம் தாராளமாகவே காட்டியிருக்கிறார் வெங்கட்பிரபு. அஜீத், விஜய் இருவரின் நண்பராகிவிட்டதால் அவர்கள் படங்களின் பின்னணி இசையையும் படத்தில் பயன்படுத்தியுள்ளார்.
    முக்கியமாக, சூர்யா கத்தியை எடுக்கும் காட்சியில், கத்தி படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை வருகிறது. அதேபோல் நான் கடவுள் ராஜேந்திரன் அறிமுகக் காட்சியில் வீரம் படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை.

சூர்யாவும், பிரேம்ஜியும் கப்பல் படை அதிகாரிகளாக வரும் காட்சியில் சூர்யாவின் பெயரை ஜெகதீஷ் என்றும், பிரேம்ஜியின் பெயரை விநாயக் மகாதேவ் என்றும் வைத்திருப்பார். ஜெகதீஷ் கத்தியில் விஜய்யின் பெயர். விநாயக் மகாதேவ் மங்காத்தாவில் அஜீத்தின் பெயர்.

இந்த பின்னணி இசை, பெயர் இரண்டிலும் ஹீரோ சூர்யாவுக்கு விஜய்யின் பெயர், பின்னணி இசை என்றால், காமெடியன்களுக்கு அஜீத்தின் கதாபாத்திரப் பெயர் மற்றும் பின்னணி இசை. எப்படி எங்க தலயின் பெயரை ஒரு காமெடியனுக்கு பயன்படுத்தலாம் என்று அஜீத் ரசிகர்கள் இணையத்தில் குமுற, சபாஷ் இதுதான் சரி என்று விஜய் ரசிகர்கள் ஆர்ப்பரிக்கிறார்கள்.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    first half was a drag, but thoroughly entertaining .. Graphics looked tacky, BGM was excellent .. 12 A certificate is not right, should have been 15 at least... have seen many kids screaming at some scenes !!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Venkat Prabhu Sixer [2015 : Tamil : Comedy-Drama (Mystery, Fantasy) : 2h30m]

With Surya, Nayanthara, Parthiban, Premji and Plenty of Others

Dial M for Masilamani - a helpline for ghosts. Being a money-grabber (Ada Kaasu Kedacha ... Eh kattu kattaga pudhu note-u kedacha), Masilamani uses the spirits as frighteners, and becomes the most wanted ghostbuster in the town. Investigating a paranormal activity and sure that its a setup too, Masilamani encounters a spectre, Sakthi. The roulette is spun, the question is at whose 'death-number' it will halt at, giving not much time for Masilamani to get rid of Sakthi and his evil plans, but wait, what if Shakthi is not a malevolent ghost who feeds Masilamani with greed ? - that's Masilamani's job to find out !

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I am always fasinated with VP's works, including his Goa & Biriyani, which had some funniest moments. VP is a very good observer. In his latest film with Surya, there are tons of references & spoofs which are laudable and has some finest knots in the screenplay. He draws amazing parallels with the flash-back & realtime events, not only in the script but also in executive production - all the flash-backs are neat and the turns the movie takes are interesting. The movie takes a candid peek at itself, like Surya playing a gentleman with Nayan and then suddenly taking a local slang or critising Sakthi's entry as 'Build-up' or Surya Power vs Parthiban Power, etc - such potrayals make the film enjoyable. And not only the dialogues are witty, but who utters them makes it more funny : Manobala's wish to save Mother India (LoL). And the best scene comes during the climax fight where Premgi 'torturing' a side kick to perform his 'hand-design' - that one was hillarious.

Convincing sub-plots trigger interesting events. What if there are multiple-storylines sharing the same sub-plot ? This is where VP brings in the whole difference by making the events not only interesting but visually a different experience. When the story tries to reach somewhere - destination not yet known - following Masilamani and his con jobs, we suddenly are put to find that the 'M for Masilamani' converting into 'M for Medium'. When we start to think that we got a destination, all of a sudden the Medium is not the case anymore, but its 'Measure for Measure'. The film easily shifts itself without any hiccups (but it lacks a tight Act 3), providing a satisfying experience rather than just an entertainment. VP effortlessly moves through the hamster maze, taking different routes to enhance his naration. At a point of time there will be more than a dozen people on screen doing several different things at the same moment. Organising such a scene, shooting it, taking much care with the appearence, position, make-up etc., of artists between takes & re-takes - VP and the whole team have put efficient efforts. Its not just simple, its simply complex.

Not at a single point VP lets-go-off Surya. He cleverly spins the other characters to revolve around Surya. Surya is at his best, as always. Again, VP puts in use his hero's eyes, nose bridge and torso (lovely T-shirts) to the best in all the ongoing events. The very first encounter with the ghost, where Surya turns to see the zombies behind him and then the escape, is a humour-bomb explosion. The bike sequence and the stone quarry stunt were well made. Alas, if Sakthi had much more moments like that, he being a soft guy, would have pumped in much more. The various get-ups Surya sports are amazing and stunning. He looks handsome. And we see him as the count with a pony tail for the first time, which is fasinating.

YSR BGM is good matching the fast paced events. Poochandi song is my favourite (MJ, Chiranjeevi ... Thanks Bosski). And Piravi was excellent. Jettu, played by Premji, thought he did a good job. Recently saw this B-Film 'MGR, Sivaji, Rajini, Kamal' and was scared how his film with his brother would be. Suprising, the Jettu character is simple, funny and emotionally moving (to an extent - I like friendship dramas). Others in the huge cast are more of a cameo but they do get some catchy oneliners or a brief scene to emote. Parthiban casually unmasks his gimmicks, this time he's got a lady partner- Back, Back, Back. Rajendran was too good asusual. Nayan, the wooden doll, looked more waxed-up and the rest including Pirinatha gets suck into 'footage problem'. Editing gets a special mention, hard to miss it.

'There is so much to tell, but less time' or 'How much you can tell in a given time' - whichever it is, thats what stops the movie from being great. Compromising on few 'lag-thargic' moments in the initial part of the film, would have given much scope to elaborate various other essential elements. But still the movie is plugged with high charges and its effects are noticeable (only) in the cinema hall.

Masilamani - Agency of Ghosts
    Last edited by mappi; 1st June 2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

14. Likes NOV, balaajee liked this post
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast