Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: THERI * Vijay59 * Atlee * GV Prakash * Kalaippuli Thanu *

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched It - Liked it.

Just go watch and enjoy. Don't think too much about the film.

Watching again on Saturday.
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was expecting a nice entertainer. Average Stuff..Engaging to a certain extent similar to Raja Rani. Will fare good at BO considering no other movie to compete with. I dont know how this guy maintains his physique. Amazing. I did not like the Kudumi style on him though. Nainika was excellent, Mottai Rajendran was rocking as usual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Theri : All style, minimal substance

Caught it last night at Rex Cinemas, Singapore. The friend I was with is the kind that thinks Vijay's only good movie was Thuppakki. After the movie ended, she told me she liks this more than Thuppakki and it might be Vijay's best performance to date. And guess what? She isn't wrong.

I loved the movie. I don't remember the last time a movie made me laugh and cry so much in equal parts. Mahendran Sir, Baby Nanika(Indeed a kutty Meena), Motta Rajendran, Radhika all bought their A game to the movie. Samantha did her role beautifully. Amy, on the other hand, was a cardboard. She even seemed disinterested at some parts. Finally, Vijay. What a performance. Vijay showed a glimpse that he's more than just an entertainer, that he's an actor in Kaththi as Jeevanandham which still is my favourite Vijay film. Atlee has extracted that part and portrayed it beautifully. Vijay excelled in everything he did, be it a father, a wife, a son or a cop. It was beautiful to watch.

The biggest negative of the movie is the story. The content is not strong. Atlee has packaged a neat action flick with a social message but the story is flimsy at best. This is where Thuppakki/Kaththi, and by extention, ARM, comes up on top. Other than that, the only other negative are the songs. They weren't placed well and tended to slow the momentum of the film. BGM was top notch though so kudos to GV. The fight scenes were realistic and raw. Loved it. Editing crisp. But I need to single out one particular technician. George C Williams. I loved his work in Kaththi. He continued on with Theri. Each frame was excellent. The close ups during mass scenes even more so. He really bought Theri to the next level.

As a whole, I loved it and totally worth the asking price. Atlee didn't disappoint with his second film. I will be watching it again on Saturday. Theri will hit 100cr without problems. Even the neutrals and haters like it.

5. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    திருச்சி மாநகரில் ஒட்டப்பட்டுள்ள 40 பிட் போஸ்டர்

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin...

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin...

Post Thanks / Like
    திருச்சி மாநகரில் (TT ஏரியா வில்) முதன் முதலாக 45 திரைகளில் திரையிடப்பட்ட காவியம் எங்கள் சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் விஜய்யின் தெறி - திருச்சியில் அனைத்து திரைகளிலும் தொடர்ந்து ஹவுஸ்புல் காட்சிகளாக வெற்றிநடை போடுகிறது

TT ஏரியா வில் 61/2 கோடிக்கு விற்பனையான முதல் தமிழ் படம் விஜய்யின் தெறி

Post Thanks / Like

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast