Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: THERI * Vijay59 * Atlee * GV Prakash * Kalaippuli Thanu *

Senior Member Senior Hubber mareen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have some more time to write about what i loved about theri... here we go!

Atlee said during photo teaser reveal that people will know after watching the movie why it has been named Theri and he is correct! My word, the sparks were flying left, right and centre throughout the movie! I feel acting wise this has been vijay best in some time. Thupakki and Kaththi and amazing but this one just edged it as some scenes he would be casually talking and change it mid scene to a serious scene. You could see that in school scene, interval block scene etc - Just too good!

First half went super fast - Although it is a police movie most of it was Vijay the "family man" instead police man. If anything there was just three scenes for police cases - school, beggars and rape scene. Second half - seems slow but it is not that is due to the fantastic first half and the interval block. Second half was really intense as you want to know what happened to Samantha and Radhika and how Nivi survived - it was brilliant! The ghosting technique is typical mass tamil cinema we have seen it in 100s of movies in the past!

I must add only two songs were visually great and both of them were with Samantha. I expected a lot more from Eena meena but Jithu Jilladi was a major let down! Not sure why they thought Deva would suit vijay - it was such a miss match and the voice did not fit in especially when vijay looks so young!

Overall, very happy with Theri. Looking forward to Vijay60 now!
    Last edited by mareen; 17th April 2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Supports VJ's new beginning

Oru Nal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZLrR9jfUc

2. Likes gane14 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Watched my Theri baby last Saturday.
    Movie superb.
    My theri baby terikkavidrukkar.
    Thank to Dir. Atlee
    Ean kanneerum seneerum kooda un pear sollum- Vijay

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hearing great news that enthiran collection in uk has bean beaten by thalapathi after 6 years but it will end in 2 months

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    THERI - A Family Mass Entertainer

• Atlee loves Vijay like Siruthai Siva loves Ajith

• Engaging Screenplay

• At interval (I watched 9am show on 14th) lot were calling their friends & relations guaranteeing/recommending THERI for its entertainment.

• Frame to frame Colorful show with lot of close-ups

• Except two songs story moves in other songs

• After a long time Parrys corner/ high court location used for a fight sequence

• Ever next scene is guessable but Atlee have made it interesting
    eg: IT Management in-charge talks irresponsible while Vijay’s investigation, we know Vijay going to hit him...Director skips the hitting & shows Management in-charge person touching his nose, blood in this fingers.

• Chemistry between
    VIJAY & his daughter - CUTE
    VIJAY & his mother - bit over acting (both vijay & radhika) but interesting
    VIJAY & his Lover, Wife - Adorable
    VIJAY & AMY - Need to wait for sequel
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

7. Likes gane14 liked this post
    Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Records all over.... va va va ipa va...
    Brand Vijay

Senior Member Devoted Hubber selvamohankumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New new!!
    Love & Love Only
    -Selvakumar M.

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Official.. 86 crores in 4 days.. Worldwide.. Therrrrrrrriiiiiiiii....
    Sachin...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theri

Post 2004, I rate this film as the 3rd best after Thuppakki and Kaththi in bringing out the best in Vijay. The story is nothing new. A sincere cop, nearly killed by the villain, manages to survive for his kid. He leads a different life in another part of the country, only to be found again by the villain. But Atlee ensures that it is told in the right way, hitting the right chords with the audience. Bravo!!

Vijay excels in his most convincing cop role till date. I especially loved the undercurrent in the scenes involving Vijay and Mahendran. The romance portions with Samantha was superb and the mom-son chemistry was fabulous. It was a treat to watch Vijay in such an uber cool avatar. பின்னீட்டீங்க தலைவா...

Samantha's luck with Vijay continues with Theri. More often than not, the love portions in an action film acts as a speed breaker. Even in a film like Kaththi, I felt it took some pace off. But here, it worked really well. Amy's role was needless though. Except for listening to the flashback, she doesn't have anything to do. I hope the directors let go the cliché of having a second heroine if the first heroine dies in the film.

Rajendran gets a lifetime role which is quite similar to the ones Goundamani used to do when he was at his peak. A faithful assistant to the hero. Few of his one liners brought the roof down. Radhika has a small role for her abilities. But she has done full justice to it. The real surprises though were Mahendran and Nainika. The former's mannerisms reminded me of Rajinikanth in many places. And I don't remember any other mass entertainer where the hero doesn't even touch the villain once through the film. Well thought!! Nainika was a delight to watch, especially for her witty replies to her dad. There was always a danger of the kid going overboard but thankfully it didn't happen

GVP's songs didn't appeal to me much on the first listen. But they worked really well in the film and the score was also pulsating. A memorable 50th outing!!

George C Williams and art director Muthuraj (has done a cameo as the villainous Chetaa) have done a fabulous job. The market fight is the right example to show how good the cinematography,art direction and stunt choreography was.

The film is not without flaws. The last 30 minutes could've been much better. I would like to quote the example of Sethupathi, another cop film that i recently enjoyed. The mass of the hero is boosted with some intelligent and clap worthy scenes. Theri was missing that. It was like a smooth flight affected by turbulence while landing. Second, the abrupt cuts. Even though the screenplay is racy enough, the cuts were so irregular in an otherwise neat presentation.

On the whole, its a memorable film for Vijay fans and like any Vijay blockbuster, the film is continuing to draw large crowds to the theatre. A 75% full hall on a weekday in Dubai is something i have not seen. I witnessed that yesterday.

That was THERI,Babeeeey!!!

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

12. Likes gane14, Russellmvr liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber selvamohankumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay
    Love & Love Only
    -Selvakumar M.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoyed the romance between Samantha and Vijay but I have to disagree with Ajay on the romance not slowing the pace down. Not the romance part but the little things that came with it that could have avoided. For example the talk with Samantha's father. They should have also trimmed the romance portion of the story as I felt it took way too long to get to the actual plot. The interval scene should have come way sooner and more time spent on the interaction between the villain and hero. I wanted to see more of the ending concept (people who watched will understand as I don't want to spoil).
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast