Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: KATHTHI aka Kathiresan - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA | ANIRUDH - PART 2

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Times of India

Rajinikanth’s Lingaa is not like Kaththi: Rockline Venkatesh

A lot of speculation has surrounded superstar Rajinikanth's forthcoming film, Lingaa. Fans have been curious about what the movie is all about and there were even rumours recently that the plot of Lingaa is similar to that of Vijay's latest blockbuster, Kaththi.

Rockline Venkatesh, who is the producer of the movie, came out with a clarification after similarities were drawn between the teaser of Lingaa and Kaththi. A shot from the teaser shows Rajinikanth's character building a dam. Kathithi, which released recently, deals with the corporate exploitation of water, and the grab from the trailer of Lingaa suggests that Rajinikanth's movie also deals with the same subject. But Rockline has come out in defense of his movie and said that there is no connection between the two scripts.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/45080134.cms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    'Kaththi' affects 'Lingaa' story?
    IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 08, 2014]

'Kaththi', the recently released Vijay and Samantha starrer supposedly has a similar story to Rajni's upcoming Lingaa. Sources fear that this fact might reduce the chances of Lingaa becoming a hit film and are changing a few scenes in Lingaa now.

Rockline Venkatesh, the producer of Lingaa has strongly denied any such rumours. Kaththi was based on a foreign firm taking villagers land to infilterate water, and Lingaa runs through the same plot and so KS Ravikumar is reshooting some scenes to reduce the similarities says rumours. But, the two films have no similarities says team Lingaa. They also say that Lingaa shoot completed ages back and is now in dubbing, so all this is just rumours. Only time will tell.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/kaththi-Af...il-news-118157

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    fair enough...
    i think people around & above 30's (mostly guys) will feel like how you felt first..
    thats the reason this discussion started here

same for the video i shared..
    Very true brother. Even a Super Star couldn't satisfy everyone

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao what..? They deducted the whole story of Lingaa by just 1 scene from the teaser?
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Kaththi , a really big break seems to have happened quite early in your career. How was it working with A.R. Murugadoss?
    We met only once at a hotel when Murugadoss asked if I would work with him on his next film with Vijay. Later, when we started work, I asked him why he chose me. He said he was so surprised to see a music director being applauded when the credits rolled after Ethir Neechal. He also noticed how the kids in his apartment complex were singing my songs from Vanakkam Chennai. That’s when he decided to work with me and we gel well as a team. That’s perhaps why he also signed me on for his next Hindi film with Fox Studios, on which work will start in January.
    Tell us about Vijay. Were you asked to compose a number specifically for him?
    Vijay sir wanted to record at 9 a.m. (Laughs) I’m hardly up at that time. I had sent him a scratch version of ‘Selfie Pulla’. When he came to record, I realised he had already rehearsed it a few times. It was really nice to see such a busy person take the trouble. We finished recording the number in under an hour. The idea of a song for Vijay sir was there from the start. And when I travelled to Singapore for a concert, I noticed how crazy everyone was about selfies. I got the idea of ‘let’s take a selfie’ as the hook line for a song. I returned to Chennai and composed it. Of course, Vijay lent his character to it.
    http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...le6578223.ece/

Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh Gowthaman @VettriTheatres :
    #Kaththi enters #VettriTopTen 2010-14 ... The run post today will decide its final position ...

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...ond-place.html

Kaththi has to settle for second place
    Nov 09, 2014
    As we have been regularly reporting, Kaththi has set the box-office on fire not just in South India but also in overseas markets. The film has set new benchmarks for 2014 in markets like UK, Australia and Malaysia.

In the US though, it looks like Kaththi has to settle for second place behind Rajini's Kochadaiiyaan which grossed around 635,000 USD. Kaththi has grossed around 622,000 USD so far and with the film already in the 3rd week of its run, not much is expected from here on.

Kaththi is the highest non-Rajini, non-Kamal grosser in the US and has set the mark very high for other stars. Lingaa meanwhile is expected to better Kaththi and live up to Rajini's lofty standards.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. KATHTHI

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Nov 03rd 2014 to Nov 09th 2014
    Week :3
    Total collections in Chennai :Rs. 6,70,98,734
    Verdict:Blockbuster

No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend):165
    Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend):70%
    Collection in Chennai (Weekend):Rs. 69,41,004
    No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays):324
    Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays):40%
    Collection in Chennai (Weekdays):Rs. 69,16,912
    The big-budgeted Kaththi gets the Blockbuster tag by the sheer weight of its collections. It is holding on pretty well even after the new releases.
    http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/...ce-nov-09.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Sreedhar Pillai
    @sri50 :
    Chennai Box-Office - Nov 7 to 9 - No.5 Poojai, No.4 Jaihind2, No.3 Oru Oorula Rendu Raja, No.2 Interstellar, No.1 Kaththi

Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast