Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Velan's Cuisine Extraordinaire

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Batura with chicken sambal, that I made recently...

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. Likes mappi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Vegetarian Murtabak

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir naaku oruthu....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    Sir naaku oruthu....
    adhukke ippadinaa, idhukku eppadi?

Chicken perattal/sambal, Japanese tofu with egg/prawn and thavusa murungakeerai thannisaar.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நாம் உண்ணும் உணவில், பருப்பு வகைகளை சேர்த்து கொண்டாலே ஆரோக்கியம் நிலைக்கும் என்பதில் எவ்வித சந்தேகமுமில்லை.

பருப்பினை தொடர்ச்சியாக சாப்பிட்டு வந்தால், புற்றுநோய், இதய நோய், மாரடைப்பு, பக்கவாதம், டைப்-2 நீரிழிவு போன்றவற்றின் தாக்கத்தில் இருந்து தப்பிக்கலாம்.

புரோட்டீன், ஃபோலிக் ஆசிட் மற்றும் அத்தியாவசிய ஊட்டச்சத்துக்கள் நிறைந்துள்ளன. இதனை குழந்தைகள் முதல் பெரியவர்கள் வரை சாப்பிடலாம், எனவே இந்த பருப்பினை கொண்டு பருப்பு சாதம் செய்து சாப்பிடுங்கள்.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,

Idlis with Mutton Varuval (dinner):

Cold Evening Hot Delight: Bajji (Onion, Potato and Green Chilli)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

10. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Karthi....
    The last I cooked was on Deepavali day -

1. Chicken sambal, 2. Mutton perattal, 3. Butter rice, 4. Mutton dalcha, 5. Prawn masala, 6. Dried fruit achar, 7. Mixed vegetables, 8. Cucumber pachadi, 9. Japanese tofu with prawn & egg.

Nothing gives me more happiness than when my children relish every morsel of food I cook... all my tiredness vanish when they hug me and say, thanks. The contentment and happiness I see on their faces is worth all the exhaustion. ������
    Nine dishes - all 100% home made. ��

12. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mutton Varuval with Pepper

Vessel : non-stick pressure cooker
    For cleaning meat : 2 tablespoon Sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder

Ingredients
    (add more or less according to your likeness)

Mutton 1/2 kilo (with bones)
    Onions 1 medium
    Dry red Chilli 3 medium
    Jeera (Cummin Seeds) 2 and 1/2 teaspoon
    Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
    Oil (I used Kadal Ennai)
    Pepper seeds - 2 teaspoon (attention to how much you add, it can turn the dish quite hot)
    Coriander seeds 1 teaspoon
    Curry leaves
    Salt

Preparation

1/ Grind to powder (no need to fry the grains, but they have to be quite dry) : 2 Red Chilli, 2 teaspoon Pepper Seeds, 1 teaspoon Corriander Seeds, 2 teaspoon Cummin seeds.

2/ Wash the meat well. Mix it with turmeric powder and sesame oil. Set aside for 15 minutes. Wash it thoroughly again. This will kill any germs that are still present in the meat. A Must to do.

3/ Heat non-stick pressure cooker and heat oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon cummin seeds and allow it to splatter. Then add 1 dry chilli and then curry leaves.

4/ Add chopped onions and fry until they turn white (do not burn them).

5/ Add meat and turn them constantly until they are coated with oil (the meat will turn white).

6/ Add turmeric powder and mix well. (Stir 2 minutes).

7/ Add the grinded masala and mix well. (Stir 2 minutes).

Note: Check the flame. Set it to medium if the meat or the masala sticks to the pan.

8/ Add one cup of water. Add salt. Allow to boil. Close the lid and pressure cook it for minimum 15 minutes (or until the meat is tender).

Note : Pressure cooking time depends on the texture of the meat. Generally I cook mutton for about 25 minutes in low flame after the first whistle. Even while preparing Biriyani, I pre-cook the meat in the quantity of water used for rice. Then I add rice directly (without adding any more water) and cook it for 7 minutes.

9/ Allow the pan to cool down and then open it. In low flame stir the dish to get needed consistency. This dish can be gravy (for Idilis) or dry (for rice/sambhar/rassam).

Optional, For Chukka : Heat the iron tawa to maximum. Drop the meat when the tawa is hot. Constantly turn the sticking meat. You have to be quick. Stir until the meat sticks with each other. A wonderful side dish for chapathis.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

14. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bajji

Ingredients
    (the ratio is important, adjust the quantity according to how much Bajji you wish to make)

Gram flour 3/4 cup
    Rice Flour 1/4 cup
    Baking Power 1/4 teaspoon
    Salt
    Powdered fennel (Somb) seeds 1/4 teaspoon
    Water

Ginger/garlic paste 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
    Red Colour (optional)

Potatoes, cauliflower, oninon, Green Chillis, eggs, green plantation ... etc.

Preparation

1/ Mix all the powers well. Add water little by little while stirring. The batter must be quite thick (like idli batter) so that it can stick to the vegetable.

Note: If by mistake you added more water, try to bring back the thickness by adding the ratio of Gram flour:Rice flour. If the batter is liquid, it will create holes while cooking and the vegetable will draw too much oil. Consistency is quite important.

2/ Peal potatoes/onions/green plantain. Cut them into slices. Spread them over a kitchen paper to absorb most of their dampness. (Egg should be fully boiled. Always use sliced eggs and not full ones. Cauliflower must be seperated from its bouquet and use only tiny pieces for quick cooking. Green Chilli, as you wish. I like them, but they are quite hot).

3/ Heat enough oil so that the Bajji can float (thrice more than the oil you use to cook appallams). When the oil is at meduim hot (too hot will burn the batter and will not cook the vegetable inside), dip the vegetable in the batter by coating them completely and drop them in the oil. Trun them constantly. Remove and spread them on the kitchen paper to absord oil.

Optional: Sprinkle chat masala or vegetable masala or dip the vegetables in dry Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) leaves before coating them in the batter for added taste. Serve with mint and tamarind chutney.

16. Likes NOV liked this post
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast