Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Velan's Cuisine Extraordinaire

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my favourite tofu recipe is vietnamese banh mi

i couldn't find a good recipe video for banh mi on youtube - this is the closest i found. basically, follow the recipe but reduce the quantity of onion/mushroom and use grilled tofu instead. also add some soy sauce to the recipe.

இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mexico meat, I have Eaten similar stuff like this in Cambodian places over here, didn't realise it had Tofu, I just thought it was thick egg noodles, loved it with Chili Oil!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    கொலஸ்ட்ராலை குறைக்கும் “நட்ஸ் பிரியாணி”

கொலஸ்ட்ராலை குறைக்க, இதய நோய்களை தடுக்க என பல்வேறு மருத்துவ குணங்களை கொண்டுள்ளது நட்ஸ்.
    சிறுவர்களோ, பெரியவர்களோ நொறுக்குதீனிக்கு பதிலாக பாதாம், பிஸ்தா, வால்நட் போன்ற நட்ஸ் வகைகளை சாப்பிடலாம்.

குறிப்பாக தினமும் 15- 20 கிராம் வரை சாப்பிடலாம்.

பாஸ்பரஸ், தாது உப்புக்கள் அதிகம் நிறைந்துள்ள பாதாம் பருப்பை உட்கொண்டால் ஜீரண சக்தியை அதிகரித்து செரிமானத்தை துரிதப்படுத்துகிறது, இதயத்தின் நண்பனான பாதாம் நீரிழிவு நோயாளிகளுக்கு ஏற்ற உணவு, புற்றுநோய் வருவதையும் தடுக்கிறது.

இப்படி பல்வேறான மருத்துவ குணங்களை கொண்ட பாதாம் மற்றும் முந்திரியை வைத்து சுவையான பிரியாணி செய்து சாப்பிடலாம்.

தேவையான பொருட்கள்

முதலில் பாசுமதி அரிசியை (250 கிராம்) 15 நிமிடம் ஊற வைத்துக் கொள்ளவும்.

இஞ்சி (ஒரு சிறிய துண்டு), பூண்டு (8- 10 பல்), மிளகாய் தூள்- தனியா தூள் (தேவையான அளவு), சோம்பு- பட்டை- கிராம்பு- ஏலக்காய் (தேவையான அளவு), தேங்காய் துருவல் (2 டீஸ்பூன்) போட்டு அரைத்துக் கொள்ளவும்.

வெங்காயம் (ஒன்று), தக்காளி (இரண்டு) பொடியாக நறுக்கி வைத்துக் கொள்ளவும்.

செய்முறை

முதலில் பாத்திரத்தை அடுப்பில் வைத்து எண்ணெய் ஊற்றி நறுக்கி வைத்துள்ள வெங்காயம், தக்காளியை போட்டு வதக்கவும்.

இதனுடன் உப்பு, மஞ்சள் தூள் சேர்த்து அரைத்து வைத்துள்ள விழுதை போட்டு நன்றாக வதக்கவும்.

பின்னர் இதில் 2 கப் அளவு தண்ணீர் ஊற்றி, கொதித்ததும் அரிசியை போட்டு வேக வைக்கவும்.

வெந்ததும் நெய்யில் பொன்னிறமாக வறுத்த பாதாம் மற்றும் முந்திரியை சேர்த்து கிளறினால் சுவையான பிரியாணி ரெடி.

பாதாம் மட்டுமின்றி உங்களுக்கு தேவையான நட்ஸ் வகைகளும் சேர்த்து பரிமாறலாம்!!!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello nga mappi....nalla irukeengala.....just read that you tried the mochai side dish I made....glad you liked the taste...mmeat hello nga....neenga kandipa try panni paaunga....you cannot go wrong with the taste...

mappi..nga I tried yr pasta recipe with spelt flour penne.....neenga sonna spices ellaaam pottu...........oru new marriage eh panniten bowl la that is a good recipe to keep.....thank you nga.

I tried this milagu sadam....as neivediyam....it turned out very well....& extremely simple.....cooked rice....ofcourse u have to add a tsp nallennai oil to fry the following sperately....red chilllie....black pepper.....ulunthamparupu....perungayam....a few curry leaves....

allow the fried stuff to cool.....then you powder it with enough salt & mix it in rice...now comes the most imp par....in a kadai...a few tsps. ghee ....fry mustard seeds...& jeera... now add in the rice & the ground powder...( don't forget that the ground powder must be a bit coarse)....

i don't have specific measurements at hand....sorry...ellaaam kaN & kai & kaal aalavu thaango...

novvvv ngovvv.... podunga oru nalla dinner pic
    Last edited by suvai; 6th April 2016 at 11:49 PM.

6. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PS....hope all is well.....ty for the nutty biriyani.....i have never used coconut for biriyani...interesting combo....have u made it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suvai View Post
    PS....hope all is well.....ty for the nutty biriyani.....i have never used coconut for biriyani...interesting combo....have u made it??
    Long time Suvai inga Nallama ? Since Kugan acca left, this section has become so quiet , hope she is ok

Ennakku Saapdia thaan theriyum samaika therithu inga

Post Thanks / Like
    anna, anni, akka, thambi, thangachi, updates please

-Vaali

10. Likes NOV liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fruit & Nut Cake

Preparation Time : 30 min
    Baking Time : 1 hour

Ingredients (for about 750 gms of 1 piece cake) :

- 125 gms Butter
    - 125 gms Powdered Sugar
    - 125 gms egg (weighed without the shell)
    - 175 gms all purpose Flour
    - One pinch of Salt
    - 1/2 (small) packet of Baking Powder, approx 6 gms)
    - 80 gms of dried fruits (grapes, apricot, dates, …)
    - 80 gms of dry white grapes marinated in ½ a glass og Rum
    - 50 gms Walnuts,
    - 50 gms Hazelnut
    - 50 gms cashew nuts
    - 70 gms tutti-frutti
    [You can add much variety of Dry Fruits & Nuts]

- 100 gms of sugar coated whole Cherries (optional)

- Greaseproof paper, One Litre volume Alluminium Cake mould & an Oven

Making & Baking :

1/ Knead butter with powdered sugar. Add one half of the egg and mix well. Then, add the rest of the egg and mix well.

2/ Add baking powder to the flour with a pinch of salt and make a thick dough.

3/ Cut the Dry fruits into thin & tiny pieces and add them to the dough and mix well.

4/ Pour the white grapes marinated in Rum into it (ofcourse the Rum too). Mix them all gently by adding the nuts (Optional : the nuts can be broken into tiny pieces).

Indication : The dough should get thicker, then we are good to bake.

5/ Cover the inside of the cake mould with greaseproof paper and then pour the dough into it.

6/ Decorate the top with sugar coated cherries and Walnuts (optional).

7/ Pre-heat the oven to 170°C (thermostat 5-6) and cook for about 1 hour.

8/ Check regularly, mainly to see whether greaseproof paper sticking out of the mould is not getting burnt. If so, just cut those parts.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mappi; 15th April 2016 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Added Photos
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

12. Likes NOV liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today's Special Menu :

Starters : Thengai Poli

Main : Tamrind Rice with Masal Vedai & oven grilled potatoes (and a lot of Vethals & Appalams)

Desert : Pal Payasam and Fruits & Nuts cake with coffee.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

14. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappi, super. awaiting the pics. i am sure nov would have had a padayal today.

having poor man's food - pavakkai + egg plant + potato sabjji wih roti

-Vaali

16. Thanks NOV thanked for this post
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast