Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Velan's Cuisine Extraordinaire

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend I prepared the whole chicken on the grill (a similar way explained by Ajoy Joshi, and I like his tiny precisions that should enhance the taste, will try it next time). Unfortunately, I did not take pictures. This time I prepared with some sauce. Once the chicken is ready, we can keep it in the refrigerator. When heating again (only in grill oven), apply the sauce from time to time to make the chicken cripsy. Next time I prepare one, I will post the recipe here.

I also prepared grilled mutton. Takes a while, but it was splendid.

Again last week, I tried Reshmi Kebab, got the colour correct this time, but still am not satisfied with the taste eventhough everyone around me enjoyed it. No photos though.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    no updates?
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    Pekinois Soup

Ingredient : (you should be able get every item in a Chinese/Asian store. Here, we can get them in Super Markets too.)

25 g Shiitake (dried and parfumed mushrooms)
    7 g dried black mushrooms
    150 g bamboo shoots
    100 g carrots
    1 spring onion

1/4 tea spoon of ground white pepper
    5 tea spoon of potato flour

2 table spoon of Chinese rice vinegar
    2 table spoon of soya sauce
    1 table spoon of sunflower oil

200 ml for diluting the flour
    1 liter of water for the soup

1 beaten egg
    15 g of fresh coriander stems
    Few chopped corriandre leaves

Salt to taste. (As there is soya sauce & vinegar, I do not add salt while preparing. Salt can be added according to one's preference while having the soup.)

Optional : 100 to 150 g of meat - chicken

Preparation :

1/ Soak Shiitake & dried black mushrooms in very hot water for about 30 minutes.

2/ Wash the bamboo in cold water several time then introduce them to very hot water for a brief moment. Rinse throughly and keep them aside.

3/ Mix and dilute potato flour with 200ml of water.

4/ Cut carrots tiny thin pieces.

5/ Beat the egg and keep it ready.

6/ After 30 mins done with soaking, take the Shiitake and chop them finely.

7/ Cut the dried black mushrooms & bamboo into small pieces.

8/ Chop finely the spring onion & fresh coriander stems.

9/ Heat wok and add oil. Then fry the onions, (the meat if you are adding). Add Shiitake, dried black mushrooms, bamboo and mix well. Add soya sauce and fry them for about 3 to 4 minutes.

10/ Add carrot and cook for another 3 minutes (Stir, Stir & Sauté).

11/ Increase the flame to maximum & then add 1 litre of warm water. Bring the soup to a boil. When the soup starts to boil, add the potato flour mix (step 3) to it. Stir contantly until every ingredient mixes well and the soup gets thicker.

12/ Low the flme and pour the beaten eggs little by little while constantly stiring the soup.

13/ Add fresh coriander stems and ground white pepper. Stir slowly.

14/ Add the Chinese rice vinegar and stir a bit.

15/ Remove the soup from flame & then add chopped corriandre leaves.

Serve hot.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

5. Likes mexicomeat liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow mappi, veetilaye oru restaurant nadathittu irukeenga pola irukku...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of a beetroot vadai till now
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Cauliflower (peas & potatoes) with Chapathi

Ingredients :

Cauliflower - Approx 1/3 big cauliflower
    Potatoes - 5 Medium Size
    Small Green Peas - 75-100 gms
    Onion - 1 Small size, finely chopped
    Tomato - 1 Big, finely chopped
    Ginger - ½ inch in size
    Garlic - 2 small pod
    Turmeric Powder - ½ teaspoon
    Coiander Powder - ¼ teaspoon
    Red Chilli Powder - ½ teaspoon
    Cinnamon - 1 nos two inches in length
    Cloves - 3 nos
    Cookin Oil - 3 Table Spoon
    Coriander Leaves - few, finely chopped
    Few curry leaves
    Salt to Taste

Preparation - Cauliflower

1/ Wash cauliflower and potatoes and cut into small pieces (Potatoes in cubes and Cauliflower into tiny).

2/ Boil water and add potatoes. Cook them under closed lid for 10 minutes.

3/ After 10 minutes, add the tiny cauliflower pieves to the same boiling water and cook under closed lid for 5 minutes.
    (Cauliflower & potatoes should be soft, else, cook for some more minutes, but be careful not to over cook them).

4/ Remove, drain water. Keep aside.

5/ Smash ginger and garlic finely.

6/ Heat 2 tsp of Oil is a frying pan and fry curry leaves, cinnamon and cloves. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a while.

8/ Add chopped onions and and fry till the onions until brown.

9/ Add chopped tomato and fry for a while.

10/ Add cauliflower, potatoes and green peas and saute for a while.

11/ Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili and salt and saute for a while.

12/ Sprinkle a litte water, close with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
    (Check to see whether cooked. if not cooked, sprinkle some more water and cook for some more time).
    Note: If you keep for more time, it will get over cooked / smashed.

13/ Once cooked, remove the lid and stir fry untill there is not water left.
    (Don't stir too hard, else the potaoes & cauliflower will loose their shapes).

14/ Once dry, add another tsp of oil and stir fry slowly for few more minutes.

15/ Garnish with Coriander Leaves.

Preparation - Chapattis

Wheat flour - 300 gms
    Oil - 1 teaspoon
    Warm water - 165 ml
    Salt - 1 pinch

1/ Mix wheat flour, oil, salt with warm water and keep it open under room temperature for 1 hour.

2/ Divide the dough into small portions and roll them into tiny balls.

3/ press and flatten the dough balls to thinner circle shapes. Use flour to keep it non-sticky

4/ Fry them in a pan with oil or ghee until cooked.

With Chapathis

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice one mappi.

today's menu: oyster mushroom poriyal, amarnath (thandu keerai) sambar and mutton sukka..
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making couscous. Will edit this post with the recipe, later.

How do you prepare your sambhar, please ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello nga ....Mappi and MMeat...vegetarian recipes especially vazhakai,....is new with that podi made a note to try it out.....

samosa looks v yummy nga

Here is my version of black bean subji.....it's my own version...surprisingly it turned out well....try thaan panni paarungalen kaalai vaari vidathu nu nabaren
    Two handful of black bean soaked in hot water for 1 hour or more...u pressure cook this and keep aside....in the meantime..actually inga forgot to soak over nite....

Cut two onions fine....3 to 4 small tomatoes. ....chopped. .I added plenty tomatoes 1 handful plus......rendu pattai.....rendu cloves ....1 tsp plain red chilli powder. .2 tsp corriander powder 1 tsp good quality garam masala ....chopped corriander leaves about handful eduthukongalen. ..

Now in a heavy bottomed vessel add 1 tblsp oil or more....I used only 1 tblsp. ...when hot add pattai and cloves then onions....let this sweat...now add the chopped tomatoes. ..ellaaam to be done in medium fire only....then when water from thakaali evaporates ....add the powders.now I added 1 tsp ghee.....was afraid it wld be spicy...then allow this to fry well and when raw smell goes...added the boiled ..smashed black bean and allow it to boil for 3 to 4 mins now..add more water to your desired consistency. ...add chopped corriander leaves. ...voilaaaaa....dish ready for any type of chapathi...or breads.....inga hit....angey epadiyo

U can give it a try....bayapadatheenga
    plz don't forget to add salt
    Last edited by suvai; 6th December 2015 at 05:13 AM.

12. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Suvai,

No black beans in stock at my residence, I will get some this week-end and prepare the 'subji' following your instructions.

I make 'Chili Con Carne with Cheddar (British Cheese)', its basically with Red Beans. If you are interested I can pass the recipe to you, it will go very well with chapathis/pooris. And I cook this dish without meat.

Here is the VenPongal-MedhuVedai that I had yesterday :

Today evening I will be making OninonRava-PotatoMasala Dosa.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast