Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny (or not-so-funny) things happened in TFI

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    Panitharan is time pass ajith fan... real ajith fans dont care two hoots abt this..
    I'm a hardcore Kamal fan and at the same time ready accept Kamal's flaws.
    Last edited by paranitharan; 21st October 2015 at 07:58 PM.
    Real Ulaga Naayagan and Oscar Naayagan ARR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdas2005 View Post
    exactly, rajini could have told that, he indirectly attacked kamal's backing and also probably enjoyed the fact that sarath and radhika attacked kamal also that vijaykumar clapping was the joke of the year, sarath and radha ravi treated junior actors, drama artists as slaves, they were so addicted to power and felt that nobody could ask questions, they thought that nobody can remove them. BTW radhika has started the fire again going around attacking KH in all forms, and others are enjoying it to the hilt. True colors coming out now...
    rajini doesnt have guts to back kamal in ways kamal did during rajini crisis..truth

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Sakala, in both the instances, the impetus was provided respectively by Rajini and Kamal and the final outcome was (getting past the winning post in one instance and higher margin of victory in other case) mostly because of them

Apart from that, as thamizh said, had Rajini suggested about Indian Nadigar sangam, he would have been trolled several folds.... Rajini was the darling of media in the late 90's and early 2000's, good or not so good, whatever he did was hyped up positively...... after several reversal of fortunes in the political arena, Rajini as a phenomenon started fading and he got negatively trolled both in media and social media whatever he did (again good or not so good)....... Now his popularity is kind of in wane so he is getting trolled...........

some time back Vennkiram had mentioned about 'nunippul meivadhu' - that applies to many issues here…

Kamal has always taken a strong stand when it comes to sensitive/controversial issues, for ex, the Babar masjid demolition - he could have kept quiet or made a generic statement and continued to make films - the man goes to Delhi to register a formal complaint - now was that a political move? I dont think so - because if it were, he could have easily joined the Congress or any other major party that was more than ready to welcome him as a candidate..personally many of us dont appreciate Kamal taking stands in these issues - the way VR's release was mercilessly butchered by the one community that he supported so strongly - makes us question his sanity - but then, he is open about it and at least takes a stance/stand - good or bad..

The few occasions where he has stumbled a bit - were the Cauvery water dispute actors rally - but then, NO actor/film industry personnel had anything sensible to say - Sathyaraj took it to a different level that made one wonder if film industry makkals should even be allowed to speak about such things in public..

Anyone who is a taxpayer and a citizen has the right to say anything about anything in a civilized country - Rajini or Kamal - but its the intent behind what they say about which incident/issue that matters..

Was it Rajini's serious intent to 'save' Tamil Nadu from the wily madam? I dont think so - it was an emotional outburst plus personal vendetta - coz madam apparently gave him a personal hard time over something (just FYKI, madam and Ilaiyaraaja did not see eye-to-eye as well - over some TN govt sponsored film)..
    Plus it helped him being in the limelight every time a film of his releases, was probably an ancillary bonus factor..

Kamal has his own bizarre set of statements - but I seriously doubt if his intent is populism to get his movie to run - he would not have made Hey Ram in the first place is that was the intent! touching a super sensitive issue of direct action day riots/murder and rape in Kolkata, portraying things exactly as they were and giving Gandhi's assassin a human face, and ballsy enough to show the rise of right wing fascism in a montage of morphed images - he angered both the Congress and the BJP - No wonder he followed that up with Thenali..

Coming to the relevant issue - nadigar sangar is like their thai veedu - being two of the most influential ppl in the industry who are also members of the sangam, they did and do have a huge responsibility and direct say in the matters involved - Kamal did the right thing absolutely - in the one association - which is his bread, butter, lifeline, breath and passion!

Thats why Rajini either not taking sides initially or then choosing the wrong side in the end - makes him look worse than clumsy - to hell with the naming of the sangam - am talking about taking a principled stand - was Rajini privy to the wrongdoings of Sarath and co? whose side was he supporting - tacitly or openly?

In all likelihood, Kamal took a definitive stand knowing fully well the inside dealings of the whole building demolition matter and other wrongdoings that trickled out during different interviews of Radharavi, Poochi Murgugan, Sarathkumar, Vishal, S V Sekhar, producer Sundaram etc…

Rajini is in the industry for so many decades - he did not come in yesterday - this is his bread, butter and what not - that he takes a stance in other political issues and chooses to remain a mute spectator in this matter is very strange - dont you think so?
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Total BS... While I fully understand that Kamal was backing Pandavar ani (Due to Nasser and Sivakumar) Rajni did not back Sarath Kumar and co...My opinion is that this entire election had become a Vijay TV Like drama and watching the speech by few noted personalities made me puke!!!, Lost my respect on Sarath Kumar, Radha Ravi and Radhika for the speech and of Course for Vishal and Karthi as well since they were on a mission to save the world.

At the end of the day, this rupture may extend to the Producers council trying to oust Dhanu and elect Gnanavel Raja...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu. Sathyaraj, Surya, Vijay, Ajith, nobody opened their mouth. THat's how it had always been. Only KH and Sivakumar supported one over other.

Now the winners say the corruption charge case will be withdrawn. I wonder why should they withdraw the case??
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Total BS...
    Well what else you can expect from him/her?
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Well what else you can expect from him/her?
    whom? Telegraph Editor/Journalist?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu. Sathyaraj, Surya, Vijay, Ajith, nobody opened their mouth. THat's how it had always been. Only KH and Sivakumar supported one over other.

Now the winners say the corruption charge case will be withdrawn. I wonder why should they withdraw the case??

Wrong - Sathyaraj's open support to Vishal and co -
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only KH and Sivakumar supported one over other.
    KH endorsed Naser , which is not a surprise .
    Other than that , he didn't even open his mouth .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Total BS... While I fully understand that Kamal was backing Pandavar ani (Due to Nasser and Sivakumar) Rajni did not back Sarath Kumar and co...My opinion is that this entire election had become a Vijay TV Like drama and watching the speech by few noted personalities made me puke!!!, Lost my respect on Sarath Kumar, Radha Ravi and Radhika for the speech and of Course for Vishal and Karthi as well since they were on a mission to save the world.

At the end of the day, this rupture may extend to the Producers council trying to oust Dhanu and elect Gnanavel Raja...
    For Vishal and Karthik, it is important as it is about their Council. If public takes extra interest, why would they be blamed? Afterall, we had chief ministers only from cine industry for decades.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast