Page 95 of 274 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a recent interview he made a mention of his salary and said he has no worries talking about it as he does his taxes w/o fail .. I dont recall how much though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasc View Post
    his sal..wud be in the range of 15C min - remember seeing somewhere that it was 25c for VRMBBS
    yes his salary would be 15C minimum and it will be around 25C now ...but during VRMBBS time its definitely not 25C..whatever salary I mentioned for those movie is minimum..infact for most of the KH movies from 90's he gets some share from profit or gets distribution rights for Chennai area/banaglore area..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    the more I think of the VR release fiasco, the more it infuriates me as to how such a thing could happen to a luminary with 50 years of dedication to his field - India became a banana republic that month when VR was banned - as a fan, I will never forgive nor forget the elements involved - my pro-Sam Harris-Dawkins stance vis-a-vis one religion became super strong - come on, all of that fiasco for a movie? 120 plus min of moving images on screen? can one imagine what corners these guys won't cut, what boundaries they will push when it comes to their religion?
    True!! I am in Malaysia by that time and there its planned to release on time but removed after 2 shows..luckily I watched the premiere show

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    nice recollection atoa. that will remain as one the best of kh. imo anil and amrish also did very well in hindi version
    It could be possible the story and milieu is very close to us....As others mentioned here, China thevar and mayandi charecters are top class in tamil....kaka radha krishnan and Nasser did splendid job....seemailarinthu thaane vanthu irukaan... sethu ponavan thirumbi vanthuttan...."endi nee poi chinnaval annupu"..... kamal as a writer shines every scene....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could also post Kamal's salary and discuss...
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    He said VR didn't make that much money but its no loss for him as well..The delay in VR release complicated things as the interest rate is mounting and he bought loan by showing his assets which will be in stake if delayed/not released.. but that doesn't mean he hasn't earned enough money..even the richest producer will procure loan for producing the movie even if they have lot of assets..
    In cinema earning crores/losing crores in matter of time is very normal and for experienced person like KH making money is not big deal..
    Financial matters are not very clear cut. He is definitely getting paid well but his salary is also tied to certain outcomes and milestones (he is likely paid when a movie releases or when business is concluded). But many say he is still in debt for various reasons. I used to think that is one reason for him to start many projects one after another (which is good for fans). He has never been after money...but he does not have a whole lot of assets to back him up either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kumarsr View Post
    Financial matters are not very clear cut. He is definitely getting paid well but his salary is also tied to certain outcomes and milestones (he is likely paid when a movie releases or when business is concluded). But many say he is still in debt for various reasons. I used to think that is one reason for him to start many projects one after another (which is good for fans). He has never been after money...but he does not have a whole lot of assets to back him up either.
    divorce aana spouseku alimony settle pannittar,Pullaingala foreignla padikka vachittar and 2 perum heroines aayitaanga, shruthi padathukku kodi vaangura, kodaikanal,ECR,chennai-bangalore'la idam irukku..idhellam therincha news,theriyaathathu evalavo..but still he does not have lot of assets to back up?
    Sure he has financial/market problems during heyram-aalavandhaan fiasco and acted movies like PKS,PT to overcome that...if you note even after allavandhaan debacle he produced virumandi..
    Post VRMBBS he doesn't have any financial problems. I guess KH is using this long time rumour news to his advantage..
    Last edited by USV; 26th February 2015 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leosimha View Post
    Wish I could also post Kamal's salary and discuss...
    yes post and discuss..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KH about R C Sakthi

சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by USV View Post
    divorce aana spouseku alimony settle pannittar,Pullaingala foreignla padikka vachittar and 2 perum heroines aayitaanga, shruthi padathukku kodi vaangura, kodaikanal,ECR,chennai-bangalore'la idam irukku..idhellam therincha news,theriyaathathu evalavo..but still he does not have lot of assets to back up?
    Sure he has financial/market problems during heyram-aalavandhaan fiasco and acted movies like PKS,PT to overcome that...if you note even after allavandhaan debacle he produced virumandi..
    Post VRMBBS he doesn't have any financial problems. I guess KH is using this long time rumour news to his advantage..
    Completely false. He had something in ECR which he then had to sell. Nothing else in Kodaikannal etc. Never had...