Page 92 of 274 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    For me Devar magan is the best and outstanding screen play from Kamal..... Kamal has script writer easily out shined everyone behind the camera.....Be it a dialogues or character introduction, particularly Kaka radha krishnan and Nassar character..... I was fully awestruck while watching the movie in poonamalle sundar in 1992.... I watched it again three months back i felt the same feeling and now i understand the movie and dialogues better.....I also watched hindi version in early 2000..... both anil kapoor and amrish puri performance was big let down for me.... though the people in the north praised their performance......periya thevar acting pathi pesa periyvanga yaaravathu vanga....the bond between sivaji and kamal was outstanding..... this one among the movies where everything falls in to perfect place.....Thevar magan is an excellent adaptation of GOD FATHER in rural milieu.....
    I completely agree with you..Thevar magan,anbe sivam were ultimate in terms of screenplay..Not only that it has everything performance,direction,songs,etc..next comes 10A in terms of screenplay but it failed to impress in other departments like make-up,etc...
    When it comes to KH direction virumandi is favourite..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    For me Devar magan is the best and outstanding screen play from Kamal..... Kamal has script writer easily out shined everyone behind the camera.....Be it a dialogues or character introduction, particularly Kaka radha krishnan and Nassar character..... I was fully awestruck while watching the movie in poonamalle sundar in 1992.... I watched it again three months back i felt the same feeling and now i understand the movie and dialogues better.....I also watched hindi version in early 2000..... both anil kapoor and amrish puri performance was big let down for me.... though the people in the north praised their performance......periya thevar acting pathi pesa periyvanga yaaravathu vanga....the bond between sivaji and kamal was outstanding..... this one among the movies where everything falls in to perfect place.....Thevar magan is an excellent adaptation of GOD FATHER in rural milieu.....
    nice recollection atoa. that will remain as one the best of kh. imo anil and amrish also did very well in hindi version

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Virasat was not a bad effort....Amrish Puri and Anil Kapoor's performances were decent...but definitely not comparable to the original...

But the biggest letdown of Virasat was Milind Gunaji...who reprised the role of Nasser. Nasser was simply brilliant in Devar Magan.. Milind neither had the same venom...and the Milind vs Anil kapoor scenes did not have not have the intensity of the original...

Post Thanks / Like
    even the person who did the role of kaka radhakrishnan also over killed it with irritating facial farce

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeethu Joseph to direct Kamal Haasan for PK remake?
    http://www.sify.com/movies/jeethu-jo...Wedjadgbf.html

There have been rumours doing the rounds in Mollywood that director Jeethu Joseph is directing the Tamil version of Rajkumar Hirani's Aamir Khan starrer PK with Kamal Haasan in the lead.

In an exclusive chat with sify.com, the Drishyam director confirmed that there is an offer from a prominent production house to remake PK, with Kamal Haasan in the lead.

“Yes, I have received the offer and the discussions are on. However a final decision will be taken only after further talks with Kamal sir,” says Jeethu. Jeethu has just completed the shooting of Papanasam, a remake of Drishyam with Kamal Haasan who was mighty impressed by the directors skills. Currently Papanasam post production work is in full swing.

Post Thanks / Like
    First part rumours .. second part final decision yet to be taken. I gather he has not accepted it as yet .. He might if its too close to his heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many had mentioned that this remake will never happen but this shows that things are at a more advanced stage although final decision has not been taken.

Member Senior Hubber radiochandra1977's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take it from me ....... the remake is happening. Prepare to be diappointed.
    Kalaikkadavul Kamalin Bakthan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeetu Joseph means, he will finish the shooting in 30 to 40 days... I feel it is worth doing the remake if the shooting can be finished within a month or even 45 days. KH can get some quick money to fund his next project.
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Jeetu Joseph means, he will finish the shooting in 30 to 40 days... I feel it is worth doing the remake if the shooting can be finished within a month or even 45 days. KH can get some quick money to fund his next project.
    After > 40 years in the industry,at his personal age of 60 +,reason is totally unacceptable.

If this film ever happens,will be totally disappointed,will boycott the film,pray daily for it's massive failure and would want Sir to get only brickbats for his decision.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.