Page 91 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venki,

Agreed about "vela VEla" and "Rukku ruku" but "kadhala Kadhala " had some IR ish style beats..

Any way, Vela Vela had hilarious lyrics ! Such as "aambalaikum vela pombalaikum vela. pombalaya poona aambalaikum vela "

Kamal simply excelled in this role!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Kalakkal one..

4. Likes Russellcpq liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes Russellcpq liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    can't remember anything from it other than ivar yaar endru which was terrific.

VR songs were a class act - 'anu vithaitha bhoomiyile' was/is terrific - 'thuppakki engal tholile' class pop/rock track in the IR kind of category - 'unnai kaanadha' was another gem.

the songs got drowned in

first the release ban/controversy and

secondly, later on, in the release of VR itself (the 'appaadaa' feeling) combined with the near perfect screenplay.

post Thevar Magan, VR is the film that got noticed by even laypeople for its screenplay - Kamal the writer got the nod by even bloggers who usually criticize his 'over-indulgence'.

Post VR, Kamal can only get better - hence no PK remake please.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    +1 thalaivaa. (hope you remember this ideology on the unfortunate event of PK remake)
    இதுபோன்ற அதீத எதிர்பார்ப்புகளை இங்கே பார்க்கும்போது கமல் பிகே படத்தை ரீமேக் செய்தே ஆகணும் என்ற ஆர்வம் மேலோங்குகிறது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    D Ramanaidu Was a Hero to Everyone: Kamal Haasan

Actor Kamal Haasan paid tribute to producer Daggubati Ramanaidu, who died yesterday after battling cancer, via a video message.

In a video message, Mr Haasan condoled the death of his 'garu' as he called him, a Telugu word as a mark of respect. He said, "It would be unjust to introduce Ramanaidu garu to another generation as a Tamil and Telugu producer, he's much more than that. He is truly a national producer."

Mr Haasan, who starred in several films produced by Mr Ramanaidu, said that he was the only producer who had made so many films in diverse languages. "I can take pride and say that India as the largest filmmaking country has its strength but the strongest point about South India is that national cinema sprang from here. It is not in the North that you found national cinema, not in Calcutta, not in Bombay, but it is here," Mr Haasan said.

"The beginning of his career started with super successes and continued all through his career," he added.

Mr Haasan, who won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor - Telugu in the Ramanaidu-produced Indrudu Chandrudu, said he admired the filmmaker's connect with the current generation.

Kamal Haasan also spoke about the legacy of filmmaking that Mr Ramanaidu left behind. "Instead of making him the last of the Mohicans, he has left us very effective producer, great entrepreneur with managerial skills - his actor son, his grandson. They are all looking up to him as a hero even though he is gone. That in itself is a major feat - to make the other generation look up to you as a hero. They always have differences of opinion but in this case they thought along with him as one. It's truly a film family and I have been a distant part of that family, all I can say is thank you Naidu saab and bye bye," Mr Haasan said.

Daggubati Ramanaidu died in a Hyderabad hospital yesterday. He was 78. He was the father of actor Venkatesh and producer Suresh. Actor Rana Daggubati is his grandson.

Mr Ramanaidu produced over 150 films in 13 Indian languages, a Guinness World Record.
    http://movies.ndtv.com/regional/d-ra...om=home-movies

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Kamal and Shiva Ayyadurai (E-mail inventor) at Alwarpet Kamal's office ......

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    VR songs were a class act - 'anu vithaitha bhoomiyile' was/is terrific - 'thuppakki engal tholile' class pop/rock track in the IR kind of category - 'unnai kaanadha' was another gem.

the songs got drowned in

first the release ban/controversy and

secondly, later on, in the release of VR itself (the 'appaadaa' feeling) combined with the near perfect screenplay.

post Thevar Magan, VR is the film that got noticed by even laypeople for its screenplay - Kamal the writer got the nod by even bloggers who usually criticize his 'over-indulgence'.

Post VR, Kamal can only get better - hence no PK remake please.
    For me Devar magan is the best and outstanding screen play from Kamal..... Kamal has script writer easily out shined everyone behind the camera.....Be it a dialogues or character introduction, particularly Kaka radha krishnan and Nassar character..... I was fully awestruck while watching the movie in poonamalle sundar in 1992.... I watched it again three months back i felt the same feeling and now i understand the movie and dialogues better.....I also watched hindi version in early 2000..... both anil kapoor and amrish puri performance was big let down for me.... though the people in the north praised their performance......periya thevar acting pathi pesa periyvanga yaaravathu vanga....the bond between sivaji and kamal was outstanding..... this one among the movies where everything falls in to perfect place.....Thevar magan is an excellent adaptation of GOD FATHER in rural milieu.....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

13. Likes Cinemarasigan, avavh3 liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KH close friend and director RC Shakthi is no more..RIP