Page 75 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    very good article..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Thanks for posting Params.. I would like both of them to act and provide good entertainment to the audience as per their wish and without any pressure from any Tom Dick and harry... Comparison is unnecessary..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    Thanks for posting Params.. I would like both of them to act and provide good entertainment to the audience as per their wish and without any pressure from any Tom Dick and harry... Comparison is unnecessary..
    Yes me too, it would be a class like in the late 70's ! Rajni would be awesome in Negative roles, while Kamal would be an apt choice for a hero role. such as 16 vayathinile, Aval appadi thaan, Avargal , Moondru mudichu , ilamai oonjal aadukirathu, ..etc.

But this will never happen, because of the tremendous pressure from the stars fan(atics), especially for Rajni!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    comments sectionla vetti madiranunga....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes me too, it would be a class like in the late 70's ! Rajni would be awesome in Negative roles, while Kamal would be an apt choice for a hero role. such as 16 vayathinile, Aval appadi thaan, Avargal , Moondru mudichu , ilamai oonjal aadukirathu, ..etc.

But this will never happen, because of the tremendous pressure from the stars fan(atics), especially for Rajni!
    Fully agree. There's no need for any comparisons. Both have entertained me and others even later .. Rajini's Mullum-Malarum was a class apart. Kamal may not have done as well in that role. It was rumored to have him play SharatBabu's role initially. Similarly Thillu-Mullu .. Rajini with Thenga-Srinivasan was awesome all the way. I still discuss the comedy portions in that movie with my friends. Netrikann was another one .. Some not all of his later movies (super stardom movies)were entertaining as well.

Kamal cemented his cinema ideology through experimentation and did have flops. He didnt get bogged down or care about his star image. Kept going and continued giving movies out of the ordinary. Unfortunately Rajini became a victim of his established cult status .. doesnt have it in him to go off road. He could still try it .. he's after all a great actor who was recognized by KB came up his own from grassroots.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After a couple of Rajini flops, media and other are pouncing on him .. Forget about Kochadiyaan - its not a real movie. If the story is so-so, less thought out and hurriedly made, even Kamal could deliver duds. Have we forgotten MMA by KSR ? Infact Linga's returns far submerge MMA even now ... The business in Linga failed because of huge prices paid. On a moderate investment, it may have emerged atleast average or slightly above average. I'm thinking Rajini does not have the fire in him like before to act or give out more movies .. and may want to retire. But hope thats not true ...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good article..But i feel still RK can act like this in 2 movies with directors who will take 8 months to complete the movie..then may be he can switch to roles like what AB does or retire..Why they expect to break enthrian collections..enthiran is combination of RK,Shankr,ARR,Aish,SunTv,etc and to happen again it will take 3 years to complete the film which is not the need of the hour..RK can give hits like CM..both can retire on high note..
    i dont know why many media is questioning like whether fans will accept RK acting other than larger than life image roles??
    People accpeted him in Chandramuki which is not typical rajni film and purely character based so i feel everyone will accept him in roles that suit his age..

KH is totally different and he will act or direct till age of 70 atleast like AB/KB..
    Last edited by USV; 27th January 2015 at 09:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Netrikann was another one .
    Ah How did I forget that ? The Father Rajni was just Awesome!

Kamal cemented his cinema ideology through experimentation and did have flops.
    yes infact I really liked all his "experimental " ventures than masala craps!, Hey ram, Aalavandhan, Kuruthi punal, ... wow

Unfortunately Rajini became a victim of his established cult status .
    Yes he is probably the first victim to this after MGR , but as an actor MGR was no where near Rajni's Capabilities