Page 43 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    from 5:35 Subramanian Swamy talks about Kamal Hassan !

interesting observation
    Please translate in English so non-hindi people can understand.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    Bharathi Raja had made Kaadhal Oviyam...
    Thank you very much Murali Sir So nice to know these details.
    You said before Kadhal Oviyam and VVV, BR made TTT with Kamal. IIRC, TTT was not a hit like the duo's other 3 movies. The movie had an excellent first half and a bizarre and badly scripted 2nd half. What exactly was the box office result of TTT? If the movie did not do well, how did KH and BR remake it in Hindi as "Karishma"?
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Thank you very much Murali Sir So nice to know these details.
    You said before Kadhal Oviyam and VVV, BR made TTT with Kamal. IIRC, TTT was not a hit like the duo's other 3 movies. The movie had an excellent first half and a bizarre and badly scripted 2nd half. What exactly was the box office result of TTT? If the movie did not do well, how did KH and BR remake it in Hindi as "Karishma"?
    175 நாட்கள் ஓடியதாக பத்திரிகை விளம்பரங்கள் அப்போது வந்தது. அதற்கும் மேலேயும் ஓடியிருக்க வாய்ப்புண்டு. பர்பெக்ட் மசாலா படம். ராஜாவின் இசையில் பாட்டு ஒவ்வொன்றும் பட்டாசு. வருது வருது விலகு விலகு பாடல் வரும் நேரமெல்லாம் தியேட்டரே ஆர்பரித்ததை கண்கூடாக பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்.. அதுவும் சி சென்டரில்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 7th December 2014 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh.. Sorry.. I mistaken TTT as தூங்காதே தம்பி தூங்காதே!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Please translate in English so non-hindi people can understand.
    Not very positive comments about Kamal...

Kamal is a Top actor who has played and has the capability to play any role. Nobody can question his acting skills.
    But he antagonizes several people, made many enemies and is kind of selfish.
    We (Hindu parties) are not ready to support him because of his stand and statements ("I don't belong to any religion, is not a Hindu", "My Muslim brothers"..)
    Jayalalitha said there could be Law and Order issues & there aren't enough security forces to be provided in theatres. This is an utter lie. There are adequate forces and she has several options like Army, CRP etc too. She just doesn't want to support him.
    But not just Jayalalitha, many others too have an issue with Kamal. That includes me(Swamy).
    Kamal's speech in a book launch function with Chidambaram has nothing to do with VR issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    175 நாட்கள் ஓடியதாக பத்திரிகை விளம்பரங்கள் அப்போது வந்தது. அதற்கும் மேலேயும் ஓடியிருக்க வாய்ப்புண்டு. பர்பெக்ட் மசாலா படம். ராஜாவின் இசையில் பாட்டு ஒவ்வொன்றும் பட்டாசு. வருது வருது விலகு விலகு பாடல் வரும் நேரமெல்லாம் தியேட்டரே ஆர்பரித்ததை கண்கூடாக பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்.. அதுவும் சி சென்டரில்.
    No doubt about ThooThaThoo's success In fact, it was a mishmash of several other movies like Enga Veetu Pillai and Kamal's own 70s superhit Sattam En Kaiyil. Marana Mass padam. After giving two entertaining blockbusters with KH, AVM made the next two movies as tearjerkers which did not work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by radiochandra1977 View Post
    I found a titbit too. 1984 film Khabardaar starring Amitabh Bachan as a doc and Kamalhaasan as cancer patient ....... almost completed and never released as the subject was the controversial mercy killing @ euthanasia.
    I heard different reasons for stalling the movie's release. AB who was an MP at that time, apparently feared being sidelined by KH (Kamal's character was similar to Rajesh Khanna's in Anand) and asked the makers to discontinue the movie. He made Aakhri Raasta, remake of Kamal-Bhagyaraj-Bharathiraja's OKD the next year with the same producers.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks hattori_hanzo for the translation.

venkkiram - i see nothing wrong with Swamy's stance on Kamal or VR - he was only playing his cards right as a politician.

Kamal is playing his cards right as well - as a creator and artist - Kamal is way too well-read for someone in his profession - thats the only problem!

yenna, rendu perum onnu serndhu pesinaangannaa, purinjippaanga.

Dr. Swamy's take on Kalaingar as well as JJ were spot on ! the best part was when he said "the MGR, KK, JJ triangle in TN politics is history, lets not bring it again - we need to think fresh, am totally against movie stars coming into politics"

Also, it was Dr. Swamy who dissuaded Modi from accepting Rajini's request to be part of BJP. IMHO, it is all good for Rajini, BJP, and the country that he does not enter politics.

digression - Rajini IMHO is not even half as savvy as MGR was - politics is a different ball game than delivering punch dialogs - he would have gone the Sivaji Ganesan way had he chosen to enter politics - his ardent supporters like Cho would take the other side if things didn't work!

moreover, i have never heard him say a single thing reflecting his principled stance on any issue - yellaamey vazha vazhaa kozha kozhaa thaan! no stand on any of these problems - the Sri Lankan tamils, the cauvery water, dealing with mullai periyaar issue etc - no clearcut vision, no in-depth knowledge about issues.

Its the sad state of affairs that the educated politicians go the Dr. Manmohan Singh way (yes madam, ok madam to Sonia), or the experienced politicians going the multi crore scam way.

we deserve better - statesmen the best option, if not at least someone who thinks clearly - not movie stars - end digression
    Last edited by irir123; 7th December 2014 at 09:40 PM.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks H_H! Thanks Ravi, Mappi & UV!

H_H,

Tik Tik Tik was a much expected movie and the film right from the starting stage was a hot topic of discussion. BR who was continuously tasting success in his first five films started faltering from Kallukkul Eeram [though it was directed by cameraman Nivas and supervised by BR] and his next movie Nizhalgal also fell at BO. Alaigal Oyvadhillai redeemed him. Of course Radha had a major role in it's success and immediately BR started Tik Tik Tik. Alaigal Oyvadhillai was released on 18th July of 1981[if my memory serves me right] and the first promotional stills of Tik Tik Tik were out by August 2nd week. In fact the cover of Cinema Express magazine that came out on Aug 15th had the famous working still of Kamal sitting in a chair surrounded by Madhavi, Swapna and Radha all in bikinis.

It was very quickly made and was released on 7th November 1981, Kamal's birthday. The quickness with which it was completed was a huge achievement because Kamal had 8 releases in Tamil that year. It started with Meendum Kokila in January, Ram Lakshman in February, Raja Paravai in April, Kadal Meengal in June, Savaal in July, Sankarlal in August, Tik Tik Tik in November and Ellam Inbamayam in December. Added to this was Ek Duje Ke Liye.

As you had rightly pointed out , Tik Tik Tik was so absorbing in the first half only to be let down in the second half. So after a great opening it fell but nevertheless it did cross 100 days, I believe albeit in smaller screen. The other three films that Kamal did with BR like 16 Vayadhinile, Sigappu Roajakkal and Oru Kaidhiyin Diary were all huge hits.

Regarding the Hindi version, Kamal at that point of time was so much engrossed with Bollywood that he was remaking all his Tamil movies in Hindi. As you might remember Moondram Pirai was made as Sadma, Apporva Ragaangal was remade as Ek Nayi Paheli and even Sattam En Kaiyil was remade in Hindi. It was joked at that point of time that few movies that Kamal would have liked to remake had already been done earlier. Like 16 Vayadhinile [done by Amol Palekar], Sigappu Rojakkal becoming Red Roses [Rajesh Khanna] and Vaazhve Maayam was done by Jeetendra, I believe. It was other way round also like Guru in Tamil was remade from Dharmendra's Jugunu and even Neela Malargal was a remake of a Hindi movie Anurag.

That is how Karishma was also done in Hindi!

Regards

11. Thanks mappi, hattori_hanzo thanked for this post
    Likes hattori_hanzo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks H_H! Thanks Ravi, Mappi & UV!...
    Impeccable memory, sir. This is the best:-

It was very quickly made and was released on 7th November 1981, Kamal's birthday. The quickness with which it was completed was a huge achievement because Kamal had 8 releases in Tamil that year. It started with Meendum Kokila in January, Ram Lakshman in February, Raja Paravai in April, Kadal Meengal in June, Savaal in July, Sankarlal in August, Tik Tik Tik in November and Ellam Inbamayam in December. Added to this was Ek Duje Ke Liye.
    What was the result of Ram Lakshman(Devar Films), Kadal Meengal (Remake of Trishul, which was later remade as Shankar Lal and again as Mr.Bharath), Savaal (another inferior remake but a Mass movie), Ellam Inbamayam(Solla Solla pugazh) and Neela Malargal (Dubbed from Telugu)?
    Savaal must have released soon after Murattu Kaalai, I guess, because Jaishankar played a meaty role in the movie.

Also another question which has been bothering me for some time is what really happened between Kamal and Janakaraj? The combo was so successful till Guna. In fact, Jana went to the top league even above Goundamani & Senthil during mid to late 80s and was a part of all KH and RK movies in this period. What resulted in his fall? One of my friends said he commented on Kamal's acting in a public meeting, quoting the names of actors from whom Kamal got inspired. This incident irked Kamal. Is this true or is there more to it?