Page 241 of 274 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2739

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps a slightly older interview (may be taken in December):

I enjoy doing thrillers: Kamal Haasan on 'Thoongavaanam'
    by Subhash K Jha Jan 12, 2016 14:53 IST

2015 was a year of mixed blessings for Kamal Haasan. His Thoonga Vaanam, a remake of the French film Sleepless Night, was a huge moneyspinner.

The proud producer and actor says, “We are happy and proud. Without the unprecedented bad weather in November we could have been happier still but not prouder. The reviewers and the general public made us take pride in the work we have done.”

So why adapt a French film, and that too which was not quite the stuff classics are made of?

“I am influenced from my teens by the thriller novels of James Hadley Chase. Also of course by French and European Cinema. I chose Sleepless Nights for its unique French sensibilities,” says Haasan.

What Haasan really liked was that the hero’s character in the French film was no superman. “There is no special effort to make the protagonist much larger than life. You root for him like you root for the hunted animal on the run in a National Geographic footage. As a matter of fact, the way I drag one of my unconscious victims is very reminiscent of a predator dragging its prey to a safer place.”

When he wrote the Tamil-Telugu version of the French original Kamal Haasan he decided to completely rework the source material. “I always enjoy doing thrillers. I am not comfortable doing superhuman characters. No wonder I like French Cinema. When I sat down to write the screenplay I only had the original version in my rearview mirror, as you can obviously see.”

Haasan explains that working with a director Rajesh Selva who was on the same wave length as Kamal Haasan helped. “Selva worked with me in various capacities for the past seven and a half years before he debuted with Thoongavanam. He started off as 3rd assistant and moved up in rank to dialogue supervisor. During that time I presume he devoloped complete trust in the way I develop a screenplay and tweak the characters to form. So I did not have a worried director breathing down my neck and asking nervous questions about my deviations from the original.”

Thoongavaanam took on the mighty Salman Khan starrer Prem Ratan Dhan Payo in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, and still held its own. “Thoongavaanam was a far cry from Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, probably similar in distance as my last film Uttama Villain was from Thoongavaanam, but aesthetically Uttama Villain and Thoongavaanam belong to a discerning audience. Both required audience participation to make it a success.”

Now Kamal Haasan says he’s planning another action film with Rajesh Selva . “We are planning another action movie shot overseas. We are contemplating this to be a double version in Hindi and Tamil.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Censor Board revamp: Kamal Haasan likely to join Benegal

The I&B ministry of India may soon add more members, including actor-filmmaker Kamal Hassan, to the Shyam Bengal committee that has been set up to look holistically into the functioning of the Censor Board, which has been mired in controversies in the recent past.

It has been felt that more regions of the country should be given representation on the panel and so it has been suggested that filmmaker-actor Hassan and eminent directors Shaji Karun and Gautam Ghosh should be included on it, Benegal told PTI.

The acclaimed filmmaker said that as a large number of films are made in South India and other regions, it was felt that more members could be added to the committee.

Shyam Benegal to head panel to revamp Censor Board

Benegal and other members of the committee, including filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, adman Piyush Pandey and film journalist Bhawana Somayaa had last week met Information and Broadcasting minister Arun Jaitley in Mumbai, where Minister of State Rajyavardhan Rathore was also present.

The I&B ministry is actively working on the suggestion to add more members, sources, meanwhile, said. While Hassan has long experience of working in the Tamil film industry, Karun has made several films in Malayalam. Bengali film-maker Ghosh's entry would give representation to eastern India on the panel. The I&B ministry had set up the panel on January 1 to take a relook at the functioning of the Board.

I&B minister Jaitley had last week said that film certification guidelines needed contemporary interpretation and should be as non-discretionary as possible.

Earlier, before the panel was set up, Jaitley had made his desire known that he would like the Certification Board to be "controversy-free" and added that he had discussed the matter with some experts as to what should be the future role of this body.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/50557222.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    TOTAL CONPEES...As USUAL

Shruti Haasan to play Kamal's daughter in new Tamil film
    IANS | Chennai January 13, 2016 Last Updated at 09:50 IST

Actress Shruti Haasan will play actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan's daughter in a yet-untitled Tamil project, expected to hit the floors very soon.

This is the first time the father-daughter duo are teaming up.

"Contrary to the rumours, Kamal and his daughter are not coming together for upcoming Tamil comedy 'Appa Amma Vilayattu'. This is a different project altogether and it will feature Shruti as Kamal's daughter," a source close to Haasan told IANS.

The film will be directed by veteran Malayalam filmmaker T.K Rajeev Kumar.

"Since Kamal was already in talks with Rajeev for 'Appa Ammaa', he brought him on board to direct this film, which will feature his script. Kamal has been working on this script for a long time.

"The rest of the lead cast will be finalized in a couple of weeks ," the source said, adding the team plans to go on the floors by this month end

Haasan is in talks with maestro Ilayaraja to compose the music for the film.

"In about a week's time, both Ilayaraja and Shruti will officially be part of the project," the source added.

The film will be shot in the US, where Haasan is currently finalising the locations.

Post Thanks / Like
    I predict that his next movie will be directed by Rajesh Selva and not by T.K. Rajeev Kumar, going by latest rumors.

Post Thanks / Like

பொங்கல் தினத்தன்று சன் டிவியில் கமல், கெளதமி நடித்த பாபநாசம் படம் ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது. பொங்கல் தினத்தன்று சன் டிவியில், மாலை 6 மணிக்கு கமல் நடித்த பாபநாசம் படமும் ஒளிப்பரபாகின்றன.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was really looking forward to see kamal-amala

Junior Member Regular Hubber vidyasakaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    i was really looking forward to see kamal-amala
    It is still on, isn't it?

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal Haasan to get a top Government honor

There have been a lot of times Kamal Haasan has been at loggerheads with the censor board in films like ‘Vishwaroopam’, ‘Virumandi’, ‘Hey Ram’ and many others. Now it looks like the Government of India would like the Ulaganayagan to take up one of the topmost positions in the Censor Board.

It is reported that the Government feels that more of Film personalities should be on the board so that the interests of the creative people are protected. Other names who are expected to be picked by the special committee headed by Shyam Benegal are Malayalam director Shaji N Karun and Bengali filmmaker Gautham Ghosh. It remains to be seen if Kamal Haasan will take up the posting with his overcrowded work schedules.

--indiaglitz

Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes avavh3 liked this post
    Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    அன்பர்களே உங்கள் அனைவருக்கும் எனது இதயம் கனிந்த பொங்கல் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்