Page 20 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

தமிழ் சினிமாவின் ரசனையை மாற்றிய உலகநாயகனின் குணா வெளியான நாள் இன்று (5-நவம்பர்-1991).

வித்தியாசமான படமாக இருந்தும் சென்னை, மதுரை & கோவையில் 100 நாட்கள் கொண்டாடிய படம் உலகநாயகனின் குணா!!!

கொடைக்கானலில் குணா குகை என்னும் சுற்றுலா தளத்தையே உருவாக்கி கொடுத்தப்படம் நம் உலகநாயகனின் குணா !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    irir and arvind, i have referred to only some portion of the interview (14.25 to 14.53) and expressed my anger. how can you drag horrible sati practice here. anyone with sane mind will agree that was an aberration in the society. similarly criticizing mooda nambikkaigal and ill treatment meted out to women (like in arangetram) is also need of the hour. but they are not Hinduism. there is a huge diff. one is the very core of a religion, other is how society blindly followed many religious practices (thee midhi, mann soru, theendamai etc etc which are becoming a thing of past rightfully).

you have rejected ur erstwhile religion, ok thats ur choice. but you cannot be selective atheist. why dont you criticize 'miracles', child abusers, 'sainthood', jihad, talaq practice etc etc. you raise your voice against all if you have guts or SHUTUP.
    I agree with what you saying in the first paragraph. But, nothing wrong with KH voicing his views only on Hinduism. It can be used to introspect and progress one's chosen faith. No need for Kamal to shut up. We are all free to counter his points. I am sure his close friends are actively doing that.

4. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    All I can infer is he's able to take more liberties and critic the religion he was raised in and unable to do the same with other religions despite knowning whats going on there - due to reasons not fully known (simply more knowledge of his own background or fear of repurcussions or just playing a good host to minorities etc.). Infact there may be very few who have been uniform in their criticisms across religions. Genuine atheists really dont care about the religion they critcize. Someone can enlighten me of such people in India.
    இறை நம்பிக்கையற்ற நிலை - என்பது இறையை முன்னிறுத்தி வரையறுக்கப்பட்ட மதக் கொள்கைகளை, சடங்குகளை, அதன் பெயரால் நடத்தப்படும் ஏற்றத்தாழ்வுகளை, மனித நேய அத்துமீறல்களை, அவலங்களை எதிர்த்து விமர்சனம் செய்யும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    what understanding is required to oppose a horrible act like Sati ? if Raja Ram Mohan Roy had not initiated those reforms, what would you expect would have happened ? we would have still seen those funeral pyre murders.

nothing wrong in criticizing the fundamental dogmas of any religion that ppl often translate into action resulting in horrible consequences - didnt he try that with a different ideology in VR and face the attack from morons who thought the film did not have enough comedy etc etc ?

in the name of political correctness, there are so many who keep quiet or simply avoid issues that will put them in controversy - at least Kamal has the guts to speak his mind - adhu karuthhu sudhandhiram
    hmm...I am not sure what if you know do you mean by Sati, why did it came to be known as Sati, how did it come into being a part of our lives some few centuries back....

First things first try to understand that Sati is not a Hindu custom or tradition or ritual....it came to be part of our lives in between....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pushpak View Post
    On his birthday, the 7th of November, 2014 at 7 AM, Kamal Haasan, with the volunteers of his Narpani Iyakkam, will launch the cleaning up of Madhambakkam Lake.

I strongly condemn this. There are 100s of lakes in this country. Why he is cleaning only one. Either he should clean everything or keep quiet.
    Wrong!! Bangalore alone had more than 1000 lakes. As a part of Clean India drive initiated by our honourable PM of India and a special invitation given to our Ulaga Nayagan. Tit for Tat move by PM of India. Wish Kamal had understood the intentions of the PM better.
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    இறை நம்பிக்கையற்ற நிலை - என்பது இறையை முன்னிறுத்தி வரையறுக்கப்பட்ட மதக் கொள்கைகளை, சடங்குகளை, அதன் பெயரால் நடத்தப்படும் ஏற்றத்தாழ்வுகளை, மனித நேய அத்துமீறல்களை, அவலங்களை எதிர்த்து விமர்சனம் செய்யும்.
    Venkki, your point taken. I was only wondering if there're any in India who unequivocally criticize all religious practices w/o restrictions ? I remember MK making a comment sarcastically as to which engineering college Lord Ram attend to build the TN-SL bridge .. But he has never commented on any other religious faiths and practices whatsoever. Most people all over India disliked his comment on Hinduism. I would rather not want UN to go in that path. If at all, let him be more transparent and uniform.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    'ARR' avangga 'Inniki adichipangga nalaikke senthiduvanga'enggaloda natppu,anbu ellam thiraikku pinnalathan..kamale sonnathuthane.Karuttu verupdugal varavathu sagajam thane..avangga enna virothigala??avanga rendu perum nalla frends-sathan irukanum..

media-ya vara news vechikittu naama rasigargalthan adichikittu saganum..
    I guess he is referring to Himesh. Remember DSP did background score for the movie even though the songs were composed by Himesh. I doubt he is referring to ARR (and i wish as well) as he did work with ARR in Marmayogi which was immediately after Dasa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Venkki, your point taken. I was only wondering if there're any in India who unequivocally criticize all religious practices w/o restrictions ? I remember MK making a comment sarcastically as to which engineering college Lord Ram attend to build the TN-SL bridge .. But he has never commented on any other religious faiths and practices whatsoever. Most people all over India disliked his comment on Hinduism. I would rather not want UN to go in that path. If at all, let him be more transparent and uniform.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

நடிகர்-ரசிகர்கள் என எல்லாவிதத்திலும் இவர்கள் எல்லாம் வேற லெவல்! மத்தவங்கெல்லாம் கொஞ்ச தூரப் போய் வெளாடுங்க !!
    கூட்டிக்கிட்டு வா அங்க கூட்டிக்கிட்டு வா, ஆனா அந்த லெவெல் வரைக்கும் வரது ரொம்ப கஷ்டம். அப்பப்ப இது மாதிரி ஊக்குவிசிங்கன்ணா நல்ல இருக்கும். போஸ்ட்டுகு நன்றி

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    கூட்டிக்கிட்டு வா அங்க கூட்டிக்கிட்டு வா, ஆனா அந்த லெவெல் வரைக்கும் வரது ரொம்ப கஷ்டம். அப்பப்ப இது மாதிரி ஊக்குவிசிங்கன்ணா நல்ல இருக்கும். போஸ்ட்டுகு நன்றி
    உண்மை விளம்பி.. அவரு உங்களை தூர போய் விளையாட சொல்லலங்க.. அவர் சொன்னது மத்த நடிகர்களின் ரசிகர்களை..
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".